The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character Battles!

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
hmmm, I think Jamie would win. Adam would just build something massive, and blow himself up, trying to defeat Jamie.
Myth busted!!!!

Robin Hood vs. Zorro

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Zorro is the best with melee weapons while Robin Hood is a master of long range. If Robin Hood wanted things to be fair because he respected Zorro and therefore tossed his bow for a sword, it would be a little close since Robin Hood does pretty well with a sword, but Zorro has mastered it so he'd win there. But if Robin Hood tried everything to win, he could easily ambush Zorro and send an arrow into his heart, because Zorra can't block an arrow like that with a sword. So it really depends on if Robin Hood respects Zorro to fight him fairly or not.

As for my first battle here, I challenge a teenage dragon with a fully awakaned fire lung but only decent flying skills to a young adult water/ice wizard who is close to mastering his element but hasn't quite reached perfection just yet.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well since you didn't seem tp specify any series I'm going to assume this wizard and dragon are just like their everyday interpretations. Normally I think of dragons as being as smart as humans and clever. Wizards are also generally wise, but I don't think our water wizard is quite there yet so you said he's only close to mastering his element. The dragon is also only a teenager so he probably hasn't quite matured mentally.

In a fair face to face fight I think the dragon would win. Magic generally takes some concentration and sometimes drains its user's energy, while the dragon's natural weapon is easier to use, not to mention even a teenage dragon will have the advantage of size.

Anyway, Godzilla vs the Mighty Morphing Power Ranger's zords/megazord. (The first dinosaur based ones.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Godzilla would own all the power rangers

Darth Vader Vs Galbortorix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for godzilla vs the power rangers you had something close to that when the green ranger first appeared and was evil.  Just imagine if the dinozord had godzilla's atomic breath and not just his drill tail and missles.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, but this might not be perfectly accurate because I haven't read the Inheritance Cycle series nor seen the movie Eragon, so I'll have to base my view of Galbatorix from an article I just looked up for this. Nothing was said of his fighting style, so I have little to work with here. Galbatorix has the supreme power to take over another's mind. So how about a quick end to a battle for a change. Not EVERY battle lasts for hours. So I'll say he possesses the emperor then shoots lightning from one hand which Darth Vader blocks with his lightsaber, though very confused as to what is going on. But the emperor releases lightning from his other hand from a different angle which hits him and short circuits his mechanical body so he can't breathe, as it was proven that this can happen from Return of the Jedi. Galbatorix releases the emperor who is stunned to see his apprentice dying while Galbatorix leaves through the shadows, unseen by all. Remember: based off a vague article people. This lame rendition is NOT my fault.

My preferred battle here is the omega and white dino ranger versus the mercury and wolf ranger. That is what I hope you pick, but if nobody has seen Dino Thunder, S. P. D., Jungle Fury, and Operation Overdrive, I will give an alternative that some people might have a better chance of answering.

In regards to Mario characters whom most people here seem familar with, from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES, who would win? Mario and Peach versus Mallow and Geno versus Bowser and Punchinello. But if that one is still too hard, here is an emergency easy one that I made that a lot of people should be able to respond to.

Sonic and Knuckles versus Shadow. No rings or transformations, but Shadow can still use Chaos Control.

PS
I am truly sorry for inconviniencing you Drake with my highly general and vague battle with no real characters from my last post. As you can see here however, I have indeed reformed. That won't happen again.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am familiar with the white dino and omega ranger, as well as indirectly familiar with the other two. It's been a long time since I watched Power Rangers instead preferring the original Japanese version.

Assuming the mercury ranger and wolf ranger are anything like Boukensilver and Gekiviolet, I think the advantage goes to white dino and omega. Omega has more powers at his disposial then the wolf ranger, unless the American version limited Dekabreak's power more then I thought. Mercury ranger has that lance thing, but White Dino can counter with his sword well enough and is quite powerful and could go into super dino mode if needed.

If it's all right I'll just leave the Mario question to be answered by someone familiar with the genre.

I'm afraid I'd have to give the victory to Shadow. He's both fast enough to rival Sonic and displays a level of super strength in Shadow the Hedgehog. He's also capable of using Chaos Control in a variety of ways, including Chaos Blast and if things get tough he could just remove his inhibitor rings for an extra power boost.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts II versus Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII.

Teen Spyro vs Teen Cynder both from The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Sora did a good job against Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1, although I haven't seen Sora from Kingdom Hearts II go against him just yet, so that gives me freedom to guess. You just said Sora, nothing of his partners, so he can't count on Donald to heal him this time. Still, Sora did beat Cloud after just learning to use his weapon and magic just recently, and Cloud had been in training for a long time under Sephiroth in Soldier. Cloud has more experience and strength than Sora has, but since Sora has gotten much more powerful since the last time he beat Cloud, I'm pretty sure it will be even easier for Sora to do it again. So for some crazy video game logic I can't comprehend, I'll have to say the teenager with less than a year of fighting experience will beat a highly trained warrior who has been an expert in fighting for a lot of his life. Weird, I know.

Teen Spyro versus Teen Cynder, huh? You came to the right person, as I said in the What Have You Purchased Recently post, I have beaten Dawn of the Dragon five times. I must say, with years of experience saving the world, with his four attacks being a bit more impressive in my opinion, and that even when Cynder was filled with Malefor's dark energy to maximize her power and cause her to reach her utmost maturity in A New Beginning, yet Spyro took her down anyway, I have to lean toward Spyro. Now Cynder can shoot wind, little acid balls, turn heself to darkness and claw enemies, and release high pitch screams. But Spyro can blast scorching fire, ice missiles, lightning bolts, and create powerful a force field that protects him and lets him pummel his enemies. I may be mistaken, but because of his superior powers, vast experience taking down enemies five times as strong, and that he beat her when he was weaker than now and she was stronger than now, Spyro is my absolute choice. Only a major disagreement could possibly sway me otherwise, but I'll still respect and consider any opinions, no matter how insignificant they seem to you.

I still hope someone could answer my Mario question from before, being as this place seems filled with his fans. But as usual, I have a backup fairly easy one to understand: Bowser and Donkey Kong versus Mario, Yoshi, and a Boo that felt mistreated by Bowser so is helping Mario as an act of revenge against his old master.

I'm afraid I'd have to give the victory to Shadow. He's both fast enough to rival Sonic and displays a level of super strength in Shadow the Hedgehog. He's also capable of using Chaos Control in a variety of ways, including Chaos Blast and if things get tough he could just remove his inhibitor rings for an extra power boost.
I appreciate your answer. Makes sense, has logical reasons, and is very detailed. But I'm afraid you slightly misunderstood my question. Don't worry at all though. It was a very minor detail and everyone misses things like that occasionally, myself especially included. Now I am a huge Sonic fan so I am already well aware that Shadow is far more powerful. If they went one on one, it gaurantees Shadow's victory; there's no contest at all. Being aware of this from the start, if you glance at my battle suggestion one more time, you'll notice that I had hoped Sonic would have help from an old friend from the start. It's no problem though; I really don't mind at all. I'm just saying this so you won't actually believe for another second that I honestly considered that Sonic stood a chance against Shadow. I appreciate how many times you've answered me here though, and I thank you.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^ Bump!

Okay:

Pterano vs Michael York (lol)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A battle between a Brit flyer and the Brit that portayed him would be interesting :p.  Since York can't fly, I'll say Pterano!

(Are GOF members allowed to be used?)

CT vs. Cera :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I think in the end you would win because you could throw Cera off to the ground since she's just a kid Triceratops. ;)

RatLady7 vs. Little Foot

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hmm.

I would assume that CT has above average strength and above average stamina for a Human female in her early 20s. CT, you did say that you run and swim a lot?

However, Cera outweighs a Human by at least 300 pounds and she has an inherent weapon (nose horn). In addition, Cera could probably charge at a rather high speed (10-20 mph). However, turning might not be her strong point due to her added mass. Further more, her skin and muscles are much tougher than a Human's, so unarmed combat techniques may not be effective.

This battle can go two ways:

Open plains: Cera. Her pure strength and outright speed give her the win. CT cannot outrun Cera (at leatlst for long). In addition, there are no places for CT to take cover.

Heavy forest: CT. She is more agile than Cera in a wooded area and can climb trees, preventing Cera from harming her. In addition, there are more opportunities for CT to find or make crude weapon.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.