The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dink

Akiko · 11 · 1868

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Considering how very similar this series was to LBT and all, I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers it. I think this was on TV in the very early 90's, which might make one wonder if it wasn't a LBT "copy" of sorts (always seemed that way to me) I loved it nontheless.

I haven't seen it in years & I'm planning to rewatch some eps online soon for some good ol' fashioned nostalgia. I might even still have some eps on VHS tape around here somewhere (I used to tape everything) but...it's easier to watch them online.

I remember my fav character was always Scrat (or was it "Scat"...but what an awful name if it was lol :lol)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I think you'll enjoy this little playlist I've made that contains EVERY episode of Dink, the Little Dinosaur.

Dink, the Little Dinosaur YouTube Playlist

Note that the episodes aren't in the best of condition, but considering what I had to go through, I feel it was somewhat worth it.

Anyways, each episode also contains 2 links to choose from to download it.  So go ahead and enjoy!

Oh, and if you get the chance, check out the recently made Dink, the Little Dinosaur Fan Club on Fanpop.  Sadly, there aren't that many interested fans. -_-

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
That's awesome, thank you!! I had a feeling "LBTUploader" was someone from these forums... :DD Your uploads come up first when searching for "Dink the Little Dinosaur" on Youtube. I remember the ep "Tricera-Scat" very well...for some reason I think that's one they might have had on repeats a lot. Thanks again for this, hafta see if I have time to watch an episode every night :lol

PS: I think I have a fanpop account...if I can remember my login information there I'll join up for Dink.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Akiko,Feb 21 2011 on  11:20 PM
I remember the ep "Tricera-Scat" very well...for some reason I think that's one they might have had on repeats a lot.
Oh, how I HATE that episode!  It was the one that made me almost turn away from this show.  Thank God that the next episode, Search, was SO much better, in my opinion, or I would've given up on this show and not go through all I did for it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually never watched the show. it wasn't on the air very long..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen the show.  I enjoy watching the show now and then.  Youtube has or had some episodes last I looked a while back.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think with regard to "copy" between LBT and Dink it was likely to be a giving and taking perhaps with LBT being more on the taking end than Dink. Dink appeared after the original LBT movie and I think it is likely that it benefitted from the enthusiasm for dinosaurs that had been kindled (among other) by LBT. There were some very basic similarities.
However, I believe that Dink gave a lot more inspiration to the LBT sequels (all of which appeared after the Dink series) than Dink may have received from the original LBT movie. There are many instances in the Dink episodes (which I recommend everyone to watch) which bear similarities to LBT sequels which I consider to be too close to be mere coincidence.
Unless memory fails me there is for example an episode in which the uncle of the the flyer character flapper doesn't exactly live up to his nephew's expectations (does that sound vaguely familiar?).
I'm not saying that LBT simply ripped off Dink and both series are very enjoyable in their own right. But I think that to LBT fans it is particularly interesting to watch Dink with the thought of what inspiration it may have given to LBT and to the creation of some LBT characters in particular.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I remember it. I never missed an episodes when it was on. Heck, I still catch quite a while now that its on Boomerang.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember watching this show on Cartoon Network (this channel helped me learn English) in the late 1990s. Up until 1998 (1999?), when Cartoon Network stopped being free TV (then I switched to Super RTL). It's probably the best dino TV series to date.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I love this from what I've seen of it. Very sweet and heartwarming, :wub  I feel like it's everything the LBT series shoud have been.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
YES. So, so much. Frankly, I think that the producers of LBT should have just let Dink by the actual Land Before Time series. It might have lasted longer.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf