The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Games in need of sequels

jedi472 · 50 · 4130

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I would really like to play sequels of:

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Power Tennis
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Party 8
Captain Rainbow
Final Fantasy IX & X (same characters, similar story and gameplay, that would be very nice! Yeah, they released a sequel to Final Fantasy X, "Final Fantasy X-2", but it's much worse than the great original :( )
Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games

And Wario & Waluigi should have their own games! :D

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Nov 30 2009 on  11:18 PM
Hmmm Kotor 2?
           Halo ?
Well Star Wars The Old Republic is considered by many to be a sequel to KOTOR 2, and with Halo Reach I think it's safe to say Halo has enough sequels.

I would love to see a sequel, if not a remake of Killer Instinct. It is one of my favorite fighters and I'm so bummed it hasn't been continued since the N64. I would love it if the rumored port to XBOX Live Arcade came true.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, Killer Instinct!  A favorite from my retro gaming days, and still a game I like a lot :yes.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: LBTFan13,Dec 1 2009 on  12:45 AM
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Nov 30 2009 on  11:18 PM
Hmmm Kotor 2?
           Halo ?
Well Star Wars The Old Republic is considered by many to be a sequel to KOTOR 2, and with Halo Reach I think it's safe to say Halo has enough sequels.

I would love to see a sequel, if not a remake of Killer Instinct. It is one of my favorite fighters and I'm so bummed it hasn't been continued since the N64. I would love it if the rumored port to XBOX Live Arcade came true.
Many of us wish an expansion of more halo and many are actually unhappy with TOR and refuse to play it.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Dec 1 2009 on  12:45 AM
ULTRA COOOOOOMBO!

We need to go back to 2d fighters. All these 3d fancy-pants ones are just terrible.

as for continuing the topic... I for one would like to see a Battlezone 3. 2 is still (barely) active, and has some of the best mods of any game in existence.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Dec 1 2009 on  07:53 AM
Isn't Battlezone 3d?
Heh, whoops. I guess I didn't word that right.

I meant that fighting games should be 2d. Battlezone is indeed 3d, and a different kind of genre altogether. I was referring to the topic, games in need of sequels, when I mentioned Battlezone 2. Cause I think it was awesome  :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Dec 1 2009 on  07:47 AM
We need to go back to 2d fighters. All these 3d fancy-pants ones are just terrible.

I whole heartedly agree! Games like Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, the list goes on and on and on. Those are the games that truly define fighting games. Now don't get me wrong, there are great 3D fighters out there, like Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, and Dead or Alive 4, but the 2D games really perfect the fighting system.

In terms of fighters, I would love for the next Mortal Kombat game to have a 2D feel, meaning no more side steps allowed! Graphic wise, either do 3D but keep the 2D feel like Street Fighter 4, or go to Hi-Res illustrations like Guilty Gear or KOF. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was kind of a let down for me because they could have done a truly great crossover with a different franchise like Street Fighter, but instead Midway brought super heroes? Lame.