The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 25479

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine had just finished eating breakfast when he saw Littlefoot with Ducky and Mim. "Maybe I'll ask him about my sleep stories." Zaine walked over to Littlefoot, trying to avoid the numerous splashes of water from Ducky.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky and Diver had teamed up to splash water on their other siblings and their mother.  Littlefoot sat down and watched for a bit beside Mim before deciding if he wanted to join and wait for a lul in their game before asking.  Mim had looked over the nest near by and was thinking over several things mentally, examining several designs to see if a composite nest incorporating the best of each style would be possible.  Neither one had noticed Zaine yet since their attention was elsewhere, as was Ducky's.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix meanwhile had taken Longtail and lulled him to sleep, but decided that following Zaine would be a good idea, should Longtail wake up early he would then be near his friends. But as he followed Zaine into the clearing where Ducky, Diver, and Littlefoot sat he also saw Mim. He smiled as he walked over to her and said "Well, picking out the best nest type for any personal surprises are you?" He then set Longtail down and smiled again.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Petrie, don't worry. He is most likely alive." Argaya said in comforting tones.

"Lets go back. What about Ptrya, though?" Vylor added.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "Best to be prepared beforehand then start thinking about it after you need it." She said.

Ducky had stopped splashing and was floating on her back while resting a bit.  Sometimes she got some water in her mouth and sent a stream of it up like a small fountain.  Diver had dived down  for some underwater green food, her favorite.

Littlefoot stood up and started walking towards were Ducky and the other swimmers of her family were.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine finally caught up to Littlefoot. "Hey Littlefoot, why don't you ever try swimming? It's not that hard, at least, not the first five seconds." He laughed a little to himself.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Petire: We get grownups and my Mama! They'll help her; she no can get to nest because her wings torn up

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Good. We'll go get them." Vylor said.

Then he and Argaya began running towards Petrie's nest.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Petrie: Anyone help bring Ptyra over here? Me stay with her til grownups come! They explain about Uncle!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After hearing Petrie's question Cyrix stood up and said "I'll help get her there." He then walked over to Ptyra and said "Would you like to walk, or would you prefer I carry you?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Zaine, "Swimming is pretty easy, I'm not to good at it but I'm good enough to not drown and can swim a little." He said.  He walked over closer to the water and used a bit of his tail to splash some water onto Ducky.  

Ducky went right side up, laughing, "I'll get you, yes I will." she said using her hands to splash a little water onto Littlefoot.

Mim watched the others play, wondering who Ptera was and if she was injured and how well she was doing, but she knew Cyrix would help her and would not need her help so she stayed where she was.  She looked at Zaine and Littlefoot.  Maybe Ducky and the other swimmers can teach her to swim.  I've seen Cera's little sister and she swims pretty well."  

Littlefoot nodds, as did Ducky, "She swims better then Cera, yes she does."

"But don't say that around Cera." Littlefoot said since the topic tended to annoy Cera or make her mad.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed a little. Littlefoot was lucky that Cera wasn't around to hear that comment. "Anyway, there's something I ned to ask you. Have you ever heard of a Stone of Cold Fire?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On their way to Petrie's nest, Vylor and Argaya passed Zaine and Littlefoot. When they heard the words "Stone of Cold Fire", they stopped.

"Did you just say 'Stone of Cold Fire?'" Vylor asked Zaine.

Memories were flashing through his mind. First of Pterano, then of Threehorn Peak, then of the Rainbow Faces.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine looked at Vylor. "Yeah, but how do you..." He turned back to Littlefoot. "Did you guys see the Stone of Cold Fire?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At the mention of the Stone of Cold Fire Cyrix turned his head and walked over to where Zaine was standing and said "I've heard about such a thing...tell me what do you know about it?" It was at that moment also that Longtail yawned himself awake, and blinked several times before going over to the water to get a drink and saying hello to Ducky.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nodded, "It was just a regular falling rock, though it did have fire on it as it fell.  Those, other rainbowfaces told lies about the stone having magic powers.  Pterano and 2 other flyers grabbed Ducky and went there.  We went after them and eventually rescued Ducky, with some help by those other rainbowfaces.  The flyers wanted to use the stone to gain powers and rule the other dinosaurs.  There was an earthshake and Ducky fell, who was saved by Pterano, but for his actions he was bannished from the great valley.  But since he saved Ducky and seemed to have reform his banishment was changed from being forever to 5 cold times." Littlefoot said, "those other rainbowfaces liked to talk in riddles and say, " Littlefoot said, changing his voice to be more like the 2 rainbowfaces from the movie, "That would be telling." He said.

Mim nodded, "They do sound, odd.  I've heard some others talking about them." She said.  

Ducky was floating in the water again and nodded to what Littlefoot said.  "They were mean, but Petrie's uncle was not as mean as the other flyers, he seemed sorry when they dropped me from that high place and I fell." She said.

She looked at Longtail and as Longtail came close she waved saying, "Hello sir." She said to Cyrix, "Hello Longtail, Are you all doing well today?' She asked looking at the various folks who had just arrived.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ptyra: Yeah...I guess you could...
She climbs onto his back, very weakly, but quickly

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"You do realize that those rainbow-faces might have been telling the truth about the stone. Those fliers might not have known how to use it, though." Vylor commented.

"Truth be told, that explosion of the stone seemed too powerful for an ordinary stone. And I've never seen an ordinary stone explode before." Argaya added.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at the two, "But the explostion wasn't caused by the stone, it was done by the smoking mountain when bubling fire came out of it very fast and there was an earthshake after more smoke came from the smoking mountain."

Mim nodded, "Some call that an eruption.  Some, if not most, smoking mountains send out smoke and also bubbling fire and very hot rocks also and can send the burning rocks pretty far as the bubbling fire flows from it like water in a river."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: I don't call this an eruption. I call it an explosion.)

"Personally, I think that that wasn't an ordinary stone. There was something ... different about it, and I don't mean it was blue or anything like that." Vylor replied.