The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 25478

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix looked over to Ducky and waved back, then he turned his attention to Ptyra by saying "Well Ptyra, what will you do now? You certainly can't go back out into the Mysterious beyond while you are injured like this." Longtail then walked over and said "Well I could go look for him." Cyrix immediate reaction to that statement was to turn around and poke his nephew on the head as he replied "No...you can't I won't risk losing you."

Longtail then asked "Well what are we supposed to do? Stand around doing nothing...?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Longtail, "There is no way to know where he is, he is a flyer and can move around a lot.  It's not like us wanting to visit the warm place we stayed at while the great valley grew to cold for green food, or the leaf gobblers ate all the green food and we stayed in the other place while the great valley regrew it's green food, those places do not move around.  Even Mo who lives in the great water would be hard to find since he swims around and would be hard to find. "

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ptyra: I've been worse...flying might be a problem...I just don't get why we're going to the Mysteryous Beyond to find my father...I don't even WANT to go back there...it's the way I came...those sharpteeth...wanted me out of their territory...but since I have you with me...I'm safe...

She pauses
Ptyra: But WHY would my father be in the Mysteryous Beyond? Someone's been keeping something from me! And what's this Stone of Cold Fire buisness? I've heard enough about it already! Bring back the dead...heal the sick...a whole lot of rubbish if you ask me...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix spoke to Ptyra once more "Well hopefully Petrie is on his way back with some of the other elders and you can get the full story about what has happened." Longtail nodded at what Littlefoot said and sighed "Yeha...you are right. But still I too am just a bit curious as to what happened!"

At that moment Littlefoots grandpa walked into view "Well good morning everone...Petrie told us we have a visitor and I came by to say hello." The elderly longneck looked down at Ptyra and said "Are you by chance the one Petrie mentioned?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
While grandpa longneck talked with Ptyra, Zaine moved closer to Littlefoot.

"Look Littlefoot. I don't know much about the last Stone of Cold Fire, and to be honest I really don't care. I think there's going to be another one. That would explain the strange sleep stories I've been having these past few weeks. I always see a flying rock falling towards me, but before that I see my parents. They have to be connected somehow, but I don't know why."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods, "It could be that a message from someone who wants you to find this stone of cold fire or whatever the name is.  My mother contacted me and wanted me to come to the great valley.   I saw her once in some water in a tree star on the ground with water in it, and once in the clouds." He said, some sadness coming into his voice.

Mim nodded, "I've heard of such things, never witnessed anything like that myself.  Though the dream state could theoretically leave one more susceptible to certain things, or it could be certain facts one knows but is not aware of can be worked out in the dream state." Mim said.

Ducky splashed some water on Longtail.  "You want to come in and play, there is plenty of room, there is." She said.  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Maybe my parents are trying to contact me. Maybe I'm supposed to find this stone so they can talk to me." Then he thought of something. "If I find the stone, what if I can bring back my herd?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods smiling a bit at the happy thought.  "Maybe you can, it can't hurt to try anyway.  You could wish them to be in the great valley or something like that, or wherever you are when you make the wish."  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine smiled as well. "As soon as we see the stone land, we should go and find it. Maybe you can use the stone to bring back your mother, if you don't mind me bringing her up."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't think that mortals should meddle into the affairs of the dead. It isn't natural. Communicate, yes. Revive, no." Argaya said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Well what else could it mean? If the stone really does have magical powers this time, then I still hve some strand of hope."

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ptyra: Yes...I'm the one...Mr. Longneck...may you please tell me where my father is-Pterano-he may have spoken of me...please tell me where my father is!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail laughed as he jumped into the water and used his tail to splash water at Ducky and said "You are so going to lose!" Meanwhile Grandpa Longneck nodded to Ptyra and said "Alright...if you would like to know, I will be happy to tell you."

He cleared his throat and said "It all happened about one cold time ago...your father Pterano came to the Great Valley looking for the first Stone of Cold Fire, and to do so he kidnapped Ducky and took her with him. But in the end saved her and the our other young ones and we the council decided to lower his sentence to Five cold times...we haven't seen him since....I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear...but it is what happened."

Cyrix immediately turned to Ptyra and asked "Are you going to be okay?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefood nods a bit, "Though if there were only one wish the stone could grant she'd rather you use it." he said looking at Zaine, "You having your herd back would be great, they may be all alive, just lost due to the earth shake, like happened to some of us on our way to the great valley.  My grandparents, Cera's dad, and Ducky's mom were separated from us but were all alive and well, your herd may be as well.  They just don't know to look for you here in the great valley." Littlefoot said.  "Having my mom back would be great, but if there is only one wish, then you should have it to bring your herd where you are so you can be with them again." Littlefoot said nodding as he looked at Zaine.  

Mim nods, "Very well said, some far older then you have never said such wise words in all their lives." She said looking and going over to pat Littlefoot.

"uh.. thanks?" He said, a bit embaressed and not sure what to say.

Ducky nodded, "I agree with Littlefoot, yes I do." She said having caught most of what Littlefoot said and pausing in her playing to listen.  "Having your herd back would be great, yep, yep, yep." She said.  She knew how much Litttlefoot missed his mother so refrained from mentioning her at all.  She turned back to Longtail as she got splashed, and started to splash him, "No, I will not loose, no, no, no." She said laughing as she returned to the game.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Dead men tell no tales. They shouldn't be woken from eternal slumber because they are missed. But you decide what you will do. I won't tell you." Vylor said in a resigned tone.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Thank you Littlefoot. I guess we shouldn't worry about it now because the stone hasn't even landed yet." He smiled. "Come on Littlefoot. I'll race you into the water!"

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ptyra's shoulders fall, she looked aghast, then she shot a hard look at Petrie
Ptyra: Why didn't you tell me in the first place?
Petrie: Me no want to upset you! Me sorry, but
Ptyra: At least I know his location...not sure if I could go there the entire way...being a cripple...
She looks at her torn wings
Ptyra: But I'm at the destination I've been meaning to be at...that's fine for know...
At the moment, Ptyra was far too weak and tired to show all her feelings about her father.
She sighs
Ptyra: I'm really tired...can't think strait...that sharptooth...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods, "Your on." He said then took off for the water.  

Mim walked closer to Ptyra, "It may seem like a long time but he'll come here, if for no other reason then to visit with his nephew and sister, and imagine how happy he'll be when he finds out you are here too."  She then looked at some of Ptyra's injuries,  Maybe I can help with some of your injuries." She said.

Ducky continued to play with Longtail in the water.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine started running behind Littlefoot. "No fair! You got a head start!" He started laughing as he sprinted towards the water, making sure not to trip over anything this time. He reached the water's edge, and noticed Littlefoot was right next to him. He then leaped into the water.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Slow. You both should work on your speed." Vylor said, already standing in the water. Argaya was with him.