The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I absolutely refuse to make my profile private. It'dd let them think they got to me.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
sixteen days left everyone. It's gonna be a great fall and winter. Best times to watch it when it's to cold to go outside.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just over two weeks. I can hardly wait.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
In the mean time, shall we 'Over-Analyze' the series a bit, shall we?

Zecora. Zecora is a zebra, and can still talk. Ponies can talk. Griffons can talk. Even Dragons, as shown, can talk. Does that mean there are OTHER species of animals out there that can communicate? Sea Ponies? Camels? Other animals with equine movements or roots tracing all the way back to mythology? Are there other vast empires and civilizations located beyond Equestria's borders populated by these unknown races? Could they possibly be pony but broke free of Equestria's system of law and order? If so, does that mean Equestria has ever gone to war with them?

- - -

As Applejack stated in Episode 4 "Applebuck Season", she yells out," KELP!? Why ah don' even like seaweed... ", which clearly shows that this world has oceans (Of course), and up to this point, we have seen a few aquatic species; Sea Serpents (Which is somehow in a river), fish, and squid (Which is strangely located in Ponyville's small pond found in Episode 18). Could there possibly be an episode that introduces a new type of aquatic creature? A lot of people are debating whether or not Sea Ponies from the Generation 1 My Little Ponies will make a return.

- - -

I know it's just a children's show for gods sake, but I can't help but try and find out how their world works. I just find this stuff fascinating.

And if anyone's interested, someone tried to link the episodes in Chronological Order...it made my head spin.

[SOURCE]

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  That is quite the feat that person pulled off there, Bongo.  I, myself, noticed that the episodes were out of order in terms of chronology, but there were so many things, I couldn't wrap my head around it all.

I would make an argument or two on the order I think some of those might be in, but I really can't be sure myself.  I wonder if they'll actually do things in order for Season 2, but we'll have to see.

Anyways, time to get my next post ready.  It's my review of the story, Past Sins. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That list seems different than the one I saw. In the ordering I saw, Winter Wrap Up was the last episode.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've always considered Best Night Ever to be the last, chronologically.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is amazing how someone had the time to do all of that work right there. And I hope Season2 also stays in order.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what?  I just can't express words at just how great "Past Sins" is.  It's simply one of the best overall fanfictions I have ever read, period.  I just absolutely love it.

In fact, I find it SO good, I'm willing to read it all a second time, from the very beginning. :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 31 2011 on  09:38 PM
Fair warning, if you're going to put anything concerning MLP: FiM on deviantART, you might want to be on the look-out for this bunch of losers: FIM-Is-Crap
I requested to join the group. Yay!  :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What? This group isn't just about hating MLP. It's also about hating its fans. How dare you.
Oh, so you think that Nick, pokerplayer, Dark, Petrie85, and several others, including myself, are deserving of ridicule, do you, because that's what the group is about. What a way to turn your back on us all just because we like something you don't. As long as you are a member of that group, you are no friend of mine.
These people demonize all bronies and put us all on the exact same level! They don't even try to be fair. They have all bronies lumped together into one convenient category. They didn't treat me as an inidividual, they treated me like they do all bronies, with ridicule and vicious insults. And you still threw in your lot with these people?! Nice. I can see what we mean to you now, especially since it seems like it was a tough decision for you.

I mentioned this group to warn anyone amongst us with decent art skills about them. And knowing full well how vicious these bastards are, you still became one of them? Well, at least I can see your true colors now.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So before anything here escalates let me remind everyone of the consequences and ask everyone not to behave like babies!
Nobody is obliged to like a franchise just because somebody else does and nobody proves himself to be very grown up by declaring hatred or contempt of anyone for liking something that the person does not.
Stop acting like religious zealots about this everybody and accept that not everyone likes or dislikes the same things as you do. There is no need for either pestering anyone into anything nor to provoke or hate anyone for his or her fondness of a franchise.
I hate wielding the sanction club here, but let me just say that there is very little tolerance on the part of the admins for either way baby attitude! :anger
Everyone is entitled to like or dislike a show and express the own opinion. Nobody is entitled however to consider the own view on something like this so high above that of others as to presume the right to ridicule, attack, pester, or molest those others. We will closely monitor such attitudes. If you feel any need to get to your throats about something so ridiculous as your personal movie preferences (and I wished for everyone to be sensible enough not to feel the need for any personal quarrels) then do so not on the GOF lest you force us into imposing sanctions that none of the admins enjoys to impose! :bang

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree entirely. Hate groups are just wrong, especially when forme over a TV show and its fanbase. I accept that there are people on GoF that don't like MLP: FiM, just don't hate anyone who does like it, alright? Just imagine in someone started an Anti-Land Before Time group that not only hated the franchise, but also us.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Sep 2 2011 on  02:02 AM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 31 2011 on  09:38 PM
Fair warning, if you're going to put anything concerning MLP: FiM on deviantART, you might want to be on the look-out for this bunch of losers: FIM-Is-Crap
I requested to join the group. Yay!  :p
Why would you want to join a hate club? I don't care if you don't like MLP. But I never saw the purpose of joining clubs whose entire purpose is to bash and hate on something simply because they do not like it. It's stupid, wasteful, and immature in my opinion.

Understand that I am not dashing these people for not liking MLP. I just don't see the purpose of needing an entire club for such a thing.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For disclosure, I didn't join the group to join the hate. Just joined the group because I didn't like the show. Simple.  :rolleyes:

No major defection, no plans to attack members, no declaration of hatred for something you like. Just a dude who joined the group to see funny art of something that slightly annoys him. With so much MLP being seen on places I normally go to, it tends to get on my nerves.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The nutjobs who formed that club have major victim complexes, and claim that we've wronged them in some way (yes, because they can't just ignore a couple of persistant bronies spamming "you will be assimilated").
You must be pretty thin-skinned if MLP annoys you.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That still isn't a reason to join, in my opinion. Far as I'm concerned, there's no reason whatsoever to create or join hate clubs. They waste so much energy on hating one simple thing, instead of focusing on something else.

Instead of joining that hateclub, why not instead join a club you do like, maybe a show or movie that you enjoy? That would be better than a hateclub.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly! Join a LBT club. Even I, who pathologically hates James Cameron's Avatar, didn't make or join a hate club of that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, WR, if what you're saying about the group is true, than wouldn't it be wise to let the mods of DA deal with them?  I'm pretty sure that level of abuse is not allowed on DA.

Just remember to give them some evidence of the manners presented. (Don't forget to include names.) They're not going to waste their time on false claims and accusations.  If they find it bad enough, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take the group down. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Already done that. The group should be down before long.

EDIT: Then again, the admins didn't take care of an instance of art theft I once reported.