The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finally! My own site!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know absolutely NOTHING about http, BBC or Javascript, and I was able to create a website of my own.  It was done with weebly.com, and you won't believe how great it looks.

Here's my website:

http://beatyoutubecopyright.weebly.com/

Yes, you read right, Beat YouTube Copyright.

Don't worry, it's all legit and designed to NOT get me in trouble with the law.  It's just simple alternatives people can make.  Nothing more.  They all work and they are all allowed by YouTube.

So no, I won't get in trouble, but it's a site that is long overdue.

Enjoy and I'll see ya later!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice isn't it, creating a website through another website?

Is definitely the easiest way, but also the most limited one.

Looks okay though, quite a bit of text I must say ;) You should make an index.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like you did a lot of research.  I hope you are right.  & Good luck.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,May 5 2009 on  01:43 AM
Looks like you did a lot of research.  I hope you are right.  & Good luck.
There may actually be a bit of editing to do before presenting it to the most popular forums.  I'll do a bit more research and make the necessary changes.

You should make an index.

There will be quite a few changes to that as well.  For one, I plan to make a "language selector" of some kind.  Now, I will admit that I don't know Spanish, French, German or any other kind of foreign language, (Yes, strictly English) but luckily for me there are translators out there.  I can use one of those and get it done quickly and easily.

There's also going to be quite a few other ideas.  Ones I don't plan to reveal to you now, but you will see as they come.

There's plenty of work to do, so I'd better get started. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... After looking stuff over, it seems I'll have to cancel a few ideas.  First off, I can't create a drop down selector without knowing custom HTML.  So to put up different languages, I'll have to make different pages and make them connect to the home page somehow.

I could try to make it more lively with some pictures and such.

I could also join Adsense and attach that maybe. :D

And to keep track of it all, I'll probably put Google Analytics down at the bottom.

There's plenty of work to be done.  Might as well get to it. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Weebly seems to keep track of views the site gets on it's own, so I don't need Google Analytics after all. :)

Now, on top of this I have chosen to drop the idea of creating other language versions.  I figure it just won't be worth it.  Especially with the fact that I've added a contact form at the bottom. (Yeah, you can actually do that.) Seriously, I can only speak English.  Might as well stick to it.

Well, with that done it's nearly ready to present fully.  Just need to add in a few last things. :D

This is going to be great! :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Depending on your activity with Adsense, you have to report your income to the Feds and have it taxed...no joke.  It may not be worth all the hassle in the end.

I looked at your site and the info as far as I know is true.  You may have to mess around to get a video up that won't be removed.  I've been lucky nobody has ever removed anything I put up and I can guarantee there's a copyright on something, somewhere.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 7 2009 on  05:01 AM
Depending on your activity with Adsense, you have to report your income to the Feds and have it taxed...no joke.  It may not be worth all the hassle in the end.
I knew this from the start, Petrie.  Which is why I'm debating on whether or not I should.  Then again, I don't really plan on this site making me an income of some kind.

That plan is for something TOTALLY different. ;)

I looked at your site and the info as far as I know is true. You may have to mess around to get a video up that won't be removed. I've been lucky nobody has ever removed anything I put up and I can guarantee there's a copyright on something, somewhere.

One video I have myself that shouldn't be on YouTube but is actually on there is "Adventuring" from LBT 10.  I actually got it up when the Windows Movie Maker on my laptop got corrupted, thus corrupting the video and enabling it to be posted.  It has a "green" screen at the bottom that is pushing it up and so that it looks stretched. :lol:

There's one last thing that I thought about that I need to add.

It'll be greatly helpful to the site. :)

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
These Copyright Owners are just to mean and unwilling to allow their work to be posted online by others.  By the way the only way to avoid Auto being Muted just don't use Music owned by WMG.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,May 7 2009 on  03:18 PM
These Copyright Owners are just to mean and unwilling to allow their work to be posted online by others.  By the way the only way to avoid Auto being Muted just don't use Music owned by WMG.
Prove me wrong by trying these methods out.  I can guarantee that at least one of them will work. :D

EDIT: Site nearly done.  A few last things to debate and it'll be ready to present to the popular places. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Debating over!  It's ready!

With the Adsense deal, I've chosen to not have it up for now, but if I decide to add it later, I will.

So, with that over, it's time to do with it the one thing I'm good at:

Advertising on the Web. :D

Wish me luck and I'll see ya later! :^.^: