The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movie with most agressive and mean Mr. Threehorn

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 17 2009 on  11:10 PM
^ Keep in mind that whether or not he would have actually done anything like that remains hypothetical.
Well, as far as i can tell, he only seen tinysaures as vermin and threat. Not exactly the best way to communicate. :)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Though one of his measures was totally justified (water rationing) and one of his measures was the result of sheer misguided thought. Some of the other things he did crossed the line (insulting other herds, accusing Littlefoot of wasting water, etc).

Whilst this is differing opinions, I don't really think that the insulting other herds, accusing the children of wasting water was entirely crossing the line.  I feel that Topsy was misguided as he is protective.  As I stated previously, I've always gotten the impression that Topsy views himself as the supreme protector of the Great Valley (That's probably why he argues alot with Grandpa Longneck :lol) who is willing to protect and serve no matter what the cost is.  Aggression and cruelty can be expressed as a radical determination for withholding the rules of protection that I am sure that Topsy felt that he alone had to carry out.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I believe he was the most cruel in 11. He really was overreacting and being illogical in that sequel. I mean he usually is anyway....but I even thought that was a bit extreme for him to react like that to the little dinos. :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You forgot the first movie. That's what I would have voted for. In all the others, he learns his lesson in the end and strightens up. In the first, he interupts two children playing, snarling, "Threehorns never play with longnecks :anger " and stomps off prejudiced. And he stayed that way.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'd say 3. Movies 1 and 2 stripped his role down to the essentials, giving him hardly any screentime and only just establishing his both mean and loving sides. He wasn't in 4, unfortunately---maybe in a director''s cut some years from now? From 5 to 9 he got fairly decent sized roles and became somewhat likeable towards the end, although he sure was mean at some points in 5 and seemed more agressive then usual in 7. Movie 10 he didn't really have any role at all---all we see is him shouting "Little-foot! Little-foot!" in the crowd scene in the dream sequence, and then they show him sleeping fitfully (am I  the only one who was wondering what the hell he was dreaming bout?!) Movie 11 was the second to give him a major role, and just when it seemed he'd come about as OK, he suddenly went out on an extermination spree! Okay, I admit it, when I first saw the idea of "tinysaurs" I sort of wanted to do the same. I still don't like them, by the way.

Movie 12 is the one that, well, softened him up. It took nearly the whole film series but it had to happen at some point! Need I say why?  :D

Movie 3, however, remains the one in which Topps is definitely the cruelest. My god, it's an underated film, I should also add.

Bruton the Iguanodon

think Mr. Threehorn is softer now than he ever was, and this is possibly due to the presence of Tria and Tricia.

Were they really necessary? I mean, I know I'm supposed to like someone when they turn nice, but Mr. Threehorn was always good deep down, even if he was racist. It's not until towards the end of the series that Tria and Tricia come in, ad that was at the point when it was becoming pure crap. Sure, he seemed a little over the edge in 3, but he seemed just fine in 6-9---was it really necessary to soften him up by giving him a girlfriend and a baby daughter?

I'm only saying this because the tough, unstoppable Topps is the one I've grown to like, and suddenly, 11-12 films into the series they have to add pink female characters into his life to toughen him up? I'm not saying I don't like Tria and Tricia, of course, but at the price of softening one of the series' most interesting characters, who was already just reaching that compromising point where he didn't seem overly mean?

I don't think so. I mean, say one of the best, hardest rock star out there suddenly settled down and got married, had a kid, and started making his music soft---there would be a broken fanbase, wouldn't there?

I'm not saying this to offend anyone who likes the new Topps, I just miss the old one.

Oh, and:

You forgot the first movie. That's what I would have voted for. In all the others, he learns his lesson in the end and strightens up. In the first, he interupts two children playing, snarling, "Threehorns never play with longnecks " and stomps off prejudiced. And he stayed that way.

He doesn't learn his lesson in 2, or 4 ad 10, where he just has the brief cameo appearence, or in 6, and for all I know, 13. By learning his lesson, do you mean "becoming soft at the end"? Cause he does in 1; he is affectioate with Cera, and to emphasize the point he is drawn a soft lavender color  :x  Fortunately he's never shown that color again.  :exactly

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'll go through how he is in the film.

LBT 1: Well, he's clearly shown as being a lot more racist then Littlefoot's mom is, but then again, he it's established that threehorns are very stubborn. If he was in a situation similar to Cera, I don't think the idea of him (reluctantly) joining the others is out of question.

LBT 2: Absolutely nothing really bad from him here. He even steps in front of Ducky and Petrie when one of Chomper's parents attacks them. They're not his kids, or threehorns even, but he protects them anyways, which is a big step from what we'd seen so far of him. He's also even scene getting leaves down for different kinds of dinosaurs during the credits.  :exactly

LBT 3: The first film where he really learns his lesson. A lot of what he does in this movie is because he is frustrated over the water problem. And the reason he doesn't want to make exceptions for kids because he doesn't want to be seen as soft or anything. As for leading Cera into the fire, it's not too different from what Cera herself did in the first movie. She was sure she knew the right way, but she was wrong. Here, the same thing happens with Topps. He would never lead his daughter into danger if he wasn't positive it was the right way, and unfortunately, sometimes when we're sure we're right, we just end up being wrong.

LBT 4: Nothing here to discuss. Just that there's a smaller threehorn beside him who looks just like him.\

LBT 5: Again, he's very frustrated cause of the heat, but towards the end, you can tell he's not as bad as you might think.

LBT 6: Scolding Cera for losing the twins is a perfectly normal thing for a parent to do. As for how he acted about Doc, he may just have a hard time letting old predjudices go, but he actually is now talking to Littlefoot and calling him by his name. He even kindly adressed him as "son", so I think by this point Topps has certainly come a long way.

LBT 7: He's really grouchy in this one. But he does owe up when it's his fault.

LBT 8: Once again, he's simply grouchy at Thicknose cause he's hungry---he even says so. Once he gets to the oasis, he and Thicknose are on good terms.

LBT 9: Really, the only thing you could possibly consider bad was his unwillingness to help Mo, whom, for all he knew, was something dangerous.

LBT 10: His appearence this time was a bit of a joke  <_<

LBT 11: Now he gets a girlfriend and is being softened. As for wanting to exterminate the tiny longnecks...let's just say I think a lot of us had negative thoughts about them on first seeing them, so we shouldn't just blame him so quickly.

LBT 12: His new daughter is about to hatch, so it's obvious he's gonna be grumpy if someone makes an interuption! Really, he's too soft by now.

LBT 13: Don't care

Really, it seems he's not as mean as we think he is!  :D

Just wish they didn't have to bring Tricia and Tria in to soften him up.  <_<  Guess I'll just have to make do with his earlier appearences.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I'm agreeing with the majority of the crowd...LBT 3.  Yeah, he was threatning the tinysauruses, but he was certaintly about to attack any dinosaur that got just a taste of water.

Bruton the Iguanodon

You forgot the first movie. That's what I would have voted for. In all the others, he learns his lesson in the end and strightens up.

No, he doesn't. Not in 2, not in 6, not in 8, and not in 9. The only movies where he "learns his lesson and straightens up" are 3, 5 (somewhat), 7, 11, and 12...except it's about halfway through the last one that he suddenly becomes soft, seeing as Tricia is born about halfway through.

And he doesn't in 4 or 10...since he's not really in them...so why the heck are they even on the list?!

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I voted for three because, even if he had good intentions, was it really necessary to come roaring at a dinosaur who wanted a drink, why couldn't he have just walked up and, gruffly, told them that it wasn't their turn? I respect everyone's opinion, but I believe that infact, he was a dictator in this, which you can't really argue with.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Three,I don't think I could say something which others haven't said about it alredy.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
A hard choice between LBT 3 and LBT 11. Apparently, Topsy wanted to kill the Tinysauruses in 11, but I don't know for sure. Anyway, I vote for 11.