The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Aunt Has Passed

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Last night at about 11:00, my mom received word that her sister, my favorite aunt had passed away. She had been diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago and just last month, we learned that it had gotten so advanced that the doctors only gave her six months to live. Well, it had gotten so bad that the time was then moved down to just a few days and then, just last night it happened. She had been using cannabis oil which supposedly, even those who were in the advanced stages of cancer claimed to have taken it and felt better afterwards. We all knew it was a long shot but when you've got a family member who's got nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you want to believe that that long shot will work.

I've never been very close with many of my extended family members but I was with my aunt. She was fun, had a lively personality, and I always liked getting to see her. Now that she's gone, it just doesn't feel real. Last night, I dreamt that it turned out she was still alive and still had some time left. I wish that dream had been a reality.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I'm sorry for your loss. :( If there's anything I can do to cheer you up - just let me know.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Sorry mate, really am sorry. I know how it feels. I lost my father a few days ago to cancer so I guess we are both in the same boat. We'll all be there for you though.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The loss is always a terrible thing to have to experience and live through.   You have quite a few friends if you ever feel the need to talk to someone about it or about anything.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
My condolences, man. Cancer is a terrible and it cuts too many lives short. I hope all the best for you, I really do. I know this post is made up of stock statements, but I mean every word of it. I'm not just imaginative enough to come up with some original words of comfort.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am terribly sorry for your loss.  :( I hope for the best for you and your loved ones during this difficult time.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your kind words and I know my family does too. It's still kind of hard for me to believe she's gone since the last time I saw her, she seemed to be doing okay. She didn't seem too sickly or anything. Very skinny, yes but other than that, she seemed okay.

Lone Dragon, I'm sorry to hear about your father. Cancer is beyond awful and I hope that someday we find the cure for it so that no one else has to go through it like your dad, my aunt, and countless other people have had to.

Again, thanks everyone. It means a lot knowing there are people in other parts of the world who are there for you, even if you've never met them face to face.