The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So Zootopia was good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Ah, that's what's been taking all of Batman v Superman's money! Honestly, THIS movie has more mature themes and deals with them in a more mature manner than BvS dealt with its own. And it has colors that aren't black, gray, and brown. This one impressed me for the most part (though it went a bit heavy of the "Racism is bad" moral at times. Then again, modern society has shown that it still needs to have this particular lesson hammered in). The characters are entertaining and likeable, the story is well-written, and the animation and designs are beautiful, as always. I recommend it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The trailer did look interesting.  Thanks for your non spoiler review.  :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Spoiler free, I think :smile

I liked this movie a lot, too. The character interaction was very sophisticated, and they didn't really demonize anybody, which is a pitfall most animated films tend to succumb to.

While they did play on the 'racism is bad' thing, they actually did it in a kind of amazing way, by using the buzz concepts of 'biology' and 'biological difference.' I liked the way they tied it all together at the end, too. And that last scene... just killed me, it was hilarious :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zootopia was certainly a pleasant surprise.  :yes  Without spoiling anything, it touched on rather mature subjects and did not pull any punches, it had a nice combination of jokes and humor that works for adults and children alike, and it had a nice message that is especially needed in times such as these.  It is easily one of the two best films I have seen this year and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well said, rhombus. Agreed. Some of the places this film went surprised me in a "huh, they actually had the balls to do that" kind of way. Now if Disney would just resurrect traditional animation, everything would be perfect.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
100% agree.  The whole racism theme did not bother me as much as I feared it would, just seeing trailers.  Definitely the best thing out of Disney in a long while. :)  Blu-ray day 1 purchase for me, just to relive the opening shot on the monorail--I can only imagine how much work that took to make that look so good!

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The movie was way better than anything Disney has released lately (aside from "Inside Out" of course... And maybe "Big Hero 6"). The characters are awesome, the designs are beautiful and the story turned out to be quite interesting with great humour and just enough social commentary to make one think about this kind of stuff without hammering the good morals into their skull... And yeah, I'd call it a "movie that spawned a thousand furries" too. :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For a movie for the furry community it wasn't bad it was okay. The parts I'm nit picking on is the moral that they hammer into your brains. The moral acceptance yes it's a good moral but no need to hammer it into our brains over and over again. The jokes I didn't find funny. I didn't find the share or lack there of jokes funny. I didn't laugh once witch was amazing to me. But over all this furry movie was eh glad I saw it. Might down the road watch it again. And yes I was happy to see Disney have the balls they did to put racism in there movie. That was Amazing and hopefully they will continue to do so in the future,

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zootopia was one of the bst films I've seen in a while. Went to the theatre to watch in in 3D and it was totally worth it! Totally recommend it!  ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it free online like a good citizen of the free world. I saw it a week before it was released he he  he.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 16 2016 on  08:00 AM
For a movie for the furry community it wasn't bad it was okay. The parts I'm nit picking on is the moral that they hammer into your brains. The moral acceptance yes it's a good moral but no need to hammer it into our brains over and over again. The jokes I didn't find funny. I didn't find the share or lack there of jokes funny. I didn't laugh once witch was amazing to me. But over all this furry movie was eh glad I saw it. Might down the road watch it again. And yes I was happy to see Disney have the balls they did to put racism in there movie. That was Amazing and hopefully they will continue to do so in the future,
I might agree with you on how they hammered the moral of the story in... if Trump supporters weren't showing us that this is one moral that NEEDS to be still be hammered in.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok so here's my head canon.  Kung Fu Panda, Talespin, Robin Hood, Duck Tales, and Zootopia all take place in the same universe.  Just.... because.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Because those movies are directed to the furry fandom. Zootopia was all about the furry fandom and every furry around the world saw it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No. Wrong. The furry fandom was not a well-known thing like it is now back in the 70s and 80s. The furry fandom exists because of stuff like Robin Hood and Talespin, because they were all good. Real good. If you have nothing to contribute other than piracy and mockery of others, then you can not. We don't want to hear it.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Apr 17 2016 on  03:24 AM
Ok so here's my head canon.  Kung Fu Panda, Talespin, Robin Hood, Duck Tales, and Zootopia all take place in the same universe.  Just.... because.
Read an interview with one of the creators, apparently his headcanon is that Robin Hood took place in the medieval Zootopia universe. So it works  :smile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Apr 18 2016 on  08:56 PM
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Apr 17 2016 on  03:24 AM
Ok so here's my head canon.  Kung Fu Panda, Talespin, Robin Hood, Duck Tales, and Zootopia all take place in the same universe.  Just.... because.
Read an interview with one of the creators, apparently his headcanon is that Robin Hood took place in the medieval Zootopia universe. So it works  :smile
I mean, seriously, it works!  Even though Kung FU Panda is Dreamworks, I see no reason why it can't share a universe with the others listed.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Again I'm right this is a dedication to the furry fandom and it really shows as well. They actually made a pretty good movie to the fandom.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Might rewatch it soon since it's a decent movie I want to have a second opinion on it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  What took me so long to finally see this amazing movie?  Let me beat myself up for a minute, please!

I finally watched this thanks to my new regimen of watching one movie on Netflix per week so I can feel like I'm getting my money's worth, and boy do I regret not seeing it sooner.  No doubt I'm buying this movie.  It's too good to pass up.

This is really good and worth getting, even though it does hammer in the lesson a bit too much. (But then again, society has only proven that it needs this lesson, so I'll let it slide.)