The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kick Ass

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Seriously, go watch it. I saw it last night and it was just awesome seeing bad guys getting killed. Especially from Hit Girl.

Anyone else seen this yet or planning to?

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I just got back from seeing this movie and I agree.  It IS the best superhero movie ever, at least in terms of originality.  Iron Man 2 has some really tough competition here with Kick Ass.  This was one of the most well-paced comic book movies ever, the dialogue was dirty and fun, the jokes had me laughing every two minutes.  The acting was great and the R rating is definitely unrelenting.

This movie has a lot of controversy surrounding it.  And it definitely lives up to it.  Especially surrounding Hit Girl, who curses like a sailor and shows no mercy to grown men.  The casting was also great, having a newcomer playing the lead role, a high school geek who becomes the superhero Kick Ass.  Then there's the father daughter duo, Big Daddy played by Nicholas Cage(who does a surprisingly good job in this role) and of course Hit Girl.

Kick Ass is colorful and fun, and the movie's story is VERY well-paced and I never got bored at any point from it.  The originality of the movie's jokes ranks right up there with the Hangover as we see more comedies, as well as movies in general, starting to break the mold and go beyond what some people find suitable.  Overall, this is one of the most original superhero movies I've ever seen and if people can take gratuitous violence and Superbad-level comedy, especially from an 11 year old girl.  Then I highly recommend it.  I can just imagine some middle-aged soccer mom accidentally taking her little kids to see this and getting a heart attack from it.

Overall rating I give this movie is a perfect 5 out of 5.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll watch this movie, but when it comes out on DVD really.  Gonna watch Iron Man 2 at the movies instead.  But I will be watching this at some point, looks like an alright movie.

Hope it's like Watchmen, all the brutality in it, but hope it doesn't drag on like Watchmen did in the end.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree 100 percent this was a really awesome movie I saw it yesterday and really loved it.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really want to see this, and seeing all these positive reviews is only increasing my excitement! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
How is it awesome to see the villains get killed. If this film revels in the unlawful killing of criminals, then I'm sticking with the Nolan Batman films.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Speaking of Kick Ass, has anyone here heard that the male lead apparently is going to have a child with a woman 20+ years his senior? Read my signature for my thoughts on the issue.

Movie looks really good though. I plan to see this with some friends this weekend.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^Dude, are you serious?! That is just too bizarre...

One of my personal favorite scenes was when Kick Ass and Red Mist were riding around in the "Mist Mobile". Seeing them dance to that song is what cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH3zAtlcFdM