The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Turn based Space Empires game

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This is an idea I had based on the turn based strategy RP. Only this involves space empires. It functions similarly, with focus on building colonies, currency collection, and war.

The different parts are infrastructure, war, and colonies.

Colonies are the lifeblood of a player's empire, as they provide the man power, resources, and money to keep an empire going. You can build these in game(see list of units)

War is achieved in two modes, ground and space, ground is reminiscent of world war 2 while space is like Star Wars.

Infrastructure are specialized parts of colonies that include mining, industry, and agriculture. These can be built in game.

A player's military relies on resource and currency, and are, like war, in two categories.

Diplomacy takes place when a player approaches another player with one of these, Non-aggression pacts, declaration of war, offer of alliance, or a peace treaty. The player who receives these gets to decide whether to accept them, with the exception of a declaration of war.

Currency is gained by mining, industry, or colonies. Each colony gives the player 1,000 currency units each 2 turns. This is increased to 1,500 if a planet has a mining facility.

Shipyards and factories produce arms and supplies for militaries, and are a vital part of the players industry.
List of units

Colonial

Colony, 10,000
Mining facility, 1,000
Shipyard, 5,000
Factory, 1,000

Army

Heavy Vehicle company, 600$, a powerful vehicle that is good in all roles, examples include a Tiger Tank or the AT-AT walker from starr wars.

Medium Vehicle company, 400$, A medium vehicle that is a good vehicle destroyer, an example would be a Panzer Mark IV tank.

Light Vehicle company, 200$, A weak vehicle that is anti infantry, an AT-ST Walker or a Panzer Mark II.

Soldier Division, 50$, 10,000 soldiers each. Good against eachother.

Artillery gun, 100$, A weapon that is stationary and is strong against all.

Starfleet

Mothership/ Flagship, Warship,

Capital Ship, Warship

Frigate, 600$, Anti corvette, Warship

Corvette, 300$, Anti Interceptors and Bombers.

Interceptor, 50$, Designed to dogfight.

Bomber, 100$, Designed to defeat Frigates and Capital ships

Astronomy

Blue Planet, Planet that supports life, can harbor great colonies. Like Earth.

Desert Planet, An arid, lifeless planet, like Mars.

Ice Planet, A cold, lifeless planet, like Pluto or Hoth.

Volcanic Planet, A planet that is covered in volcanoes and lava, like Mustafar.

Gas Giant, A giant planet that is gas, like Jupiter or Saturn.

Asteroid field, A cluster of asteroids close together.

Red Dwarf, A small, relatively cool star.

Main Sequence, a normal star, like our sun.

Blue Giant, a large, hot star, like Betelgeuse.

Red Giant, A giant, dying star

Nebula, an area filled with gas where stars form

Blackhole, An area of space where anything that comes to close is sucked in by the blackhole's gravity.

This is the main list of units and locations. You can describe or use an object from a sci fi movie here and can also create your own race aswell as name your homeworld. Tell me if you want to play.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just want to ask, but is any of this in any way based off the 4x series of turned based Space Empires Games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Empires_IV
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
No, it was an idea I got when I was playing Spore, though it is a creepy coincidence that there was a game with a similar title and style.  :huh:  :confused