The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RPG

Raptor · 48 · 4267

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, I've come up with an RPG idea that is basicly Athropomorphized Dinosaurs. The Dinosaurs have the heads, feet, and tails of their non-anthro counterparts, but they have bodies exactly like human ones. Except scaly. Now, the setting is exactly like earth today. There's also numerous underground crime syndicates, and there are many Assasins who hide their work from public. Some Assasins, like my characters, will only kill corrupt Police Dinosaurs, crime bosses, or murderers. There are others who will kill anyone, as long as they get paid. Now, there's an underground cult movement made up of various differant species, who's kiddnapping and murdering other Dinosaurs, especialy Dromeosaurs, in a bid to summon their deity called "The Watcher". The Assasins are worried, as are the police, and just about everyone else. Now, just to make sure everyone understands, the Dinos do not have humanoid faces. They are just like normal Dinosaur faces. I've had confusion with this kind of thing before. There will be some magic stuff introduced later on, but in the beginning, no magic will be allowed.

So, whaddya guys think?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What sorts of roles and such would the players have?

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, any they wanted. They could be shopkeepers by day, vigilantes at night. They could be evil, or good. Really, they can be anything as long as it's not innapropriate or implausible.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is it more of a superhero rp then, pulp, regular folks tossed into odd circumstances sort, or something else?

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I guess it's kinda a combo between pulp and modern fantasy.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's good you put in some limits, no magic to start off.  You also have to put in limits, at least for players once it does appear.    

As for pulp is it the type where characters can have one minor power, or where most are more like a pair of fists.  Can they have gadgets or one gadget each?  And how physically built.    The pc's need a power level limit so everyone is working on the same sheet, so to speak.  You have to decide also if you want folks to pm or post their character concepts here so you can ask them to adjust it or offer suggestions.

Sounds like it may be an interesting rp.

Reminds me of a book I read a while ago, Anonymous Rex.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, in that case, it's got guns and stuff, but those are the major weapons. Gadgets.. they have to be modern day tech, though. After magic stuff does get introduced, power levels will basicly be: You're not immortal. While you can summon small amounts of an element, and even alter enviroments slightly, you can't survive a fall from hundreds of feet. You could soften the blow from a, say, fifty-foot fall, and it would be enough for you to survive. Later on, depending on how you focus your abilities, you may be able to levitate for short periods, and put up invisible barriers. Well, how the characters are physicly built would be basicly and human body shape. Strength depends on the species. Characters will be posted.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  I'd suggest if you may want to either pause the rp for the holidays or start after them.  Though we can certain ask you questions, post characters, make adjustments ect.      Sounds sorta similar to a cliffhanger campaign a friend of mine ran, wow, must be 10 years ago.  Though his was set in 1939 and pc's could have no magic, since magic in his was an evil thing.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I may wait until after the Holidays to start it, but for now, you can start posting characters with this sheet:

Name:
Species:
Apperance:
Personality:

My characters are:

Name: Jerek Anderson(Aka: Mr. A)
Species: Dienonychus
Apperance: Jerek has the sharp teeth and claws of the rest of his species, and a slender figure, due to his species' affinity for speed. He is light brown with dark brown splotches on his tail. He wears a dark red shirt, black pants, and a black coat with a flared collar.
Personality: Jerek is sarcastic, and ever the joker. He likes his nickname Mr. A, and cares very much for his sister, Miss A. He truley despises the cultists. He often weilds two pistols.

Name: Jaina Anderson(Aka: Miss A)
Species: Dienonychus
Apperance: Jaina is considered quite attractive. She is slimmer, and, obviously, much more femine then her brother. She is dark brown with light brown blotches on her tail. Jaina also wears a dark red shirt(but it ends an inch above her hips), black pants, and a black trenchcoat.
Personality: Jaina is firey-tempered, and often uses her looks to her advantage, fooling criminals into thinking she is unable to harm them. She cares for her brother very much, and often jumps into situations without thinking. Jaina weilds two knieves and a pistol.

And the slighty revamped story is:

2007. The world is much as it is today. Save with one, major differance. The planet is populated with anthropomorphic Dinosaurs. They live like we do, though some can only eat meat, and some can only eat plants. There is also crime. Massive underground crime sydicates run rampant in large cities. This has spawned numerous vigilantes and assasins. A new crime syndicate has appeared on the horizon. Called The Eyes, they are believed to be a cult dedicated to an ancient deity known to them as "The Watcher". They practice sacrifice, kiddnapping vigilantes, assasins, cops, and civilians alike. A number of vigilantes have banded together to stop this, and many assasins have been hired by the Cult. But threw it all, something is very wrong. Graffiti of the Watcher, made by cultists, seems to be moving when looked out at from the corner of the eye.

Could the Watcher be real?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Seems very interesting.  Are there certain character types you want?  I assume all the tech and such for the pc's starting out is limited to what is common place in today's world.  Nintendo ds, pocket tv, pda, but no cosmic rods, or other odd pure superhero things.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Right. No crazy tech. As for certain character types, they have to be able to interact with the main storyline, and that's basicly it. Well, you can't be, say, the President or something.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
It's a very fascinating idea, Raptor. And I'm sure you could do something promising with it B)

anthropomorphisms always makes for interesting characters. In this case this RP idea brings to mind a mythical (thought to be real) alien race known as Reptilians.

I may join later if that's okay.I'd like to see how well it goes before throwing in my part

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, Aves. I hope to see you there after it starts.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Name: Andrew Threehorn
Species: Triceratops
Apperance: Usually seen in the Royal Navy officer uniform and specailly designed with a Triceratops badge on the right top part of the jacket marking him being the first to be a Captain for the British Royal Navy. Shoes matching the colour of the uniform and hat. Scales colour, front and underside of tail creamy white with black scales and a creamy white patch on one eye.
Personality: Strong minded and fair minded but has a temper. He also would risk his own life for his fellow crew members on the ship his assigned to.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice way to fit your character in, Threehorn. If the British navy's getting invovled, you know something bad's gonna happen. Or will he be on vacation in this RP?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about a chemist type of character, maybe a Troodon.  Not sure if he'd be a vigilante or not.  Who likes playing video games as one of his or her hobbies.  Not sure if it would fit better if the char owned his own company, worked for someone, or something else.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Any of those would fit, as long as he got out on the streets every once in a while.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any time of day when he / or she, should be going around the streets?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When's it gonna start? I think I'm gonna join.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think he mentioned he may wait till after the holidays, but you can post characters now.