The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land before Time - "Awakening"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay!
It would seem that most people are set!
I'll start the game soon!
Man, I've been waiting for this!  :lol:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
RP has started! It can be found here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...4918.0#lastPost

Everybody enjoy!  :)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
It sees I'll be taking a while to post first. That'll give me time to get a way to arrange the four RPs. Good start, though!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Sorry I cannot avoid thinking this, but what you just said LBTFan13 fits so well with your Chomper's avatar pic :smile .

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Jan 20 2009 on  02:25 PM
Hello:
 Sorry I cannot avoid thinking this, but what you just said LBTFan13 fits so well with your Chomper's avatar pic :smile .
 :lol  :lol:  :smile  :lol  :lol:  :smile
Agree!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Notice! Let me go trough this one more time:
This is for everyone to read.

When you want to bring a new character into play, to avoid as much confusion as possible you first make sure that you follow the principles of this RPs character developmets.
If you're unsure, then PM the GM and I'll help you. That I promise.

As for powers, this should be clear by now.
It also seems that everyone's okay with their roles, which pleases me. :)
But the rules stands: The Five are magic users. Other characters uses weapons and witchcraft, two abillities that we don't see often, and I'm glad to provide it. Weapons are easy, but if you want to use witchcraft, come with suggestions and we'll discuss it. As I've said, I'm open for ideas. :)

This RP IS random. You CAN interact and do "almost" everything you want to I belive, but just make sure to follow the basic rules.

All I ask for is information, to avoid confusion. Not just for me but for everyone.
And I stress anyone who has opinions on this to tell me about it.
Maybe I shouldn't go GM afterall, but stick to fanfictions if I'm to limited?

I thank you all, and hope that you understand.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No need to do any of that.  Problems and misunderstandings may pop up in an rp.  Better to step back, calmly talk things over, either here or via pm, whichever is best.  Then when the discussions and understanding is done everyone can get back to having fun.    

I think you are doing well.  I'd suggest not to stop rping or gming, but discuss it as I mentioned in the previous paragraph.  As for being nervous being a first time player or gm, you can always, if you want to talk to someone, pm someone who is very experienced and see if they'd mind talking over some things you are nervous or unsure about.  Some folks you can talk to maybe, up to them if they have time or want to of course is maybe Threehorn, & Nick22, they seem to be very experienced in forum rp and gming things.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I shall make this clear once and for all, I should have done so long ago.

If someone doesn't play by the notes in this RP, that's someones problem. I'll do what I can do, I've made that promise. But if that isn't enough, then... well, tough luck. Go somewhere else.
There are other RPs out there which allow other things and events that this one does, so I'm not going to stand and feel guillty or bad for setting up the rules I have done.
This is how things are set, that's just the way it is. And I'm tired of having to repeat myself. If someone doesn't like that, someone should quit. Or join another RP that suit someones needs the better. That's what I would've done myself, if there weren't any solutions to the matter. Ofcourse, it's still very sad and boring to lose a  player, I belive no GM wants that.
But I'm not messing things up any more, just because of one single matter.
All such matters should be discussed, and not interfeer with the gameplay.

It would seem though that atleast a majority are pleased with everything, which pleases me.
Therefor, it feels very sad to write something like this. :o

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Even if I'm sick of directing people, I ask everyone to read the above before considering playing further.
If a majority disagrees, I'll quit the RP immediatly.
Because then it is clear that something is not as it's supposed to be.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Gustav, you don't need to quit the RP ;)  Everyone here really enjoys this rp, and you make a great GM. Trust me, accidents will happen, but that's how we learn for the future. It's like what Kor said. Step back and take a deep breath. Try calmly talking it over with whoever is making the mistake about the rp. I promise you it will be all right in the end. We're all here for you :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not in this chapter of the rp, but I do hope you do not quit the rp.  Mistakes will happen.  Just take a deep breath and relax.  Talk over problems with the person if you have any, via pm, email or other means if you feel the need.  If you feel the need you can try going to talk to Nick22 and or Threehorn.  They are both very experienced in rp stuff.  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just an FYI, Lillefot has apointed me as Co-GM of the rp. Hopefully the two of us can tackle any questions/problems/comments much easier now that there's two of us.

If Starfall is reading this, I hope he knows that we are not mad at him about posting the character without the bio. It was an accident, and these things happen! We hope that he doesn't decide to quit the rp, because he is a valuable rp'er

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Same here. I could be of help as well, if needed. I just hope everything is going back to normal again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrads on the Co-Gm.  Be sure that the 2 of you remain in heavy contact so each knows what is going on with the other.  Don't want any the left hand does not know what the right is doing.  :)

Is the Co-Gm just for this the 3rd part, or for all of the future parts, 2 onward?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's up to him. I mean I'm perfectly fine with being Co GM for the rest of the rest of the rps as well, but it really depends on if he needs me after this one.

Don't worry. We will remain in heavy contact. *Takes out a magnifying glass and starts spying on Gustav.* I got my eye on you buddy :blink:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why have I the feeling that somebody's watching me?  :blink:

I thank you for this Rob. I'm glad for the help.  :)

And I agree to all the points above, I also want this to go back to what it was and run smoothly. I really, really do.
Any of this events is nothing that I in any way or aspect, like to do, neither do I want it.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Just on the slim chance that Starfall doesn't find these updates would someone like me to PM him to let him know whats going on?