The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Transformers in the land before time

Rocky · 59 · 7189

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So here's the idea.

The ship carrying the Autobots and Decepticons crashes in the Great valley, the Autobots and decepticons are reactivated and take on dinosaur forms. the Autobots learn about the dinosaur herds living in the valley and swear to defend them and the valley from the decepticons.

The Decepticons at first have no interest in the great valley, until they discover potential energy there or something. they make their base in the Mysterious beyond by enslaving the inhabitants( Including Red claw, thud and Screech) . and strip it for resources.

The great valley and Mysterious beyond are the battlefields, the fate of the universe is the prize, and the only thing that  standing in the way of the evil Decepticons are the heroic Autobots.

so anyone impressed?

Ok I got some takers, here's the cast.

Autobots

Optimus Prime-Me
Bumblebee-
Jazz-
Cliffjumper-
Ratchet-
Brawn-
Hound-
Prowl-
Sideswipe-
sunstreaker-
Ironhide-
Trailbreaker-
bluestreak-
Wind charger-
Blaster-
Preceptor-
Wheeljack-
Huffer-
Gears-
Mirage-
More will be added later

Dinobots

Grimlock-
Sludge-
Slag-
Snarl-
Swoop-

Decepticons

Megatron-Me
Starscream-Belmont2500
Skywarp-Me
Thundercraker-Me
Soundwave- MrDrake
Rumble- MrDrake
Laserbeak-MrDrake
Ravage- MrDrake
Reflector-
Dirge-
Ramjet-
Thrust-
Blitzwing-
Astrotrain-

Constructicons
Scraper-
Mixmaster-
Hook-
long haul-
Scavenger-
Bonecrusher-

Insectacons

Bombshell-
Kickback-
Shrapnel-

Land before time cast
Great valley residents
Littlefoot-
Cera-
Ducky-
Petrie-Belmont2500
Spike-
Chomper-
Ruby-
Grandpa long-neck-
Grandma long-neck-
Mr. Three horn/ Topsy-
Tria-
Tricia-
Petrie' s mom-
Ducky and Spike' s mom-
Mr. Thick nose-
Guido ( I think he lives there)
( List might change)

Mysterious beyond dinosaurs

Red claw-
Thud-
Screech-
Ruby's father-
Ruby's mother-
Ruby's brother-
Ruby's sister-
Chomper's Father-
Chomper's Mother-
Pterono-

Others  ( characters who migrate or don't live in either the valley or the MB)

Bron-
Shorty-
Doc-
Dara-
Ali-
Rhett-
The old one-
Tippy-
Tippy's mother-
The spike tailed leader-
Ozzy-
Strut-
Mo-

Now comes the fun part

FAN MADE CHARACTERS :D

The list-

so, anyone like?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any particular generation of transformers or will it be the version in the movies.  I've not seen those myself.  

One idea why the bad guys may want the Great Valley is it may be a natural source of energon, like I think beast wars earth was.    Another idea, from g1 I think, is certain places like thundering falls could be an easy way to get energy and convert it into energon.  

One way the bad guys could control the dinos could be a collar of control that was in a single episode of Dinosaucers, or brain boxes I think the baddies used in Dino Riders.  I've not seen Dino riders but they seem to be helmets the bad guys put in a dino's head that let them control them.  I do have some screen shots of a collar of control, but not of a brain box if you are interested.  

doubt the pictures will show up here.

Styrachio holding an open collar of control:

Brachio about to shoot one from his gun at a dino:

Found a commercial for some Dino Rider toys.  May give you ideas for your rp, and I think they do show the brain boxes the ensalved dinos of the bad guys are wearing.  It is a short cartoon, about 30 seconds.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXE1ZbEwLc&feature=related

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
your Ideas merit consideration Kor, but I think it will come later when the decepticons got a out post up and running. Also by G1 I mean the 80's cartoon.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If it's Generation 1 Transformers, then I will take interest in it....but only cause of one Decepticon I wish to play as....whom I do not wish to alter his form at all, because his form as it is, is just awesome....then again, the character himself is just awesome.  None other than Soundwave.

I mean, the Dinobots could be present in this one, you know, Grimlock and co, since their alternative forms are actually dinosaurs....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
G1, that is good.  The only transformers I have any knowledge of are mainly g1, including the japanese g1, to a lesser extent beast wars, including the japanese series beast wars 2nd.  

If you did do Soudwave would you want his alt mode to be different, or his cybertron one?  It's shown briefly in the first episode of the pilot.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK Mr. Drake you get soundwave.

And I might just have the decepticons keep their cybertroninan alt modes, I'm just trying to get people to join at this point, also I'd love to see how the Great Valley dinosaurs would react.

But if I were to give soundwave a dino alt, it would be like hidden runner. and ravage might be a fast bitter, or another hidden runner type.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know Soundwave, in the G1 version, with his alternative mode being the casette player, which I would like to keep him as.

By the way, if I decide to go with Soundwave, I would probabally also have to use Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy and Lazerbeak, you know, his casette tapes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only problem with the cassette player as his alt mode is explaining how he got it since the ark altered his alt mode after it sent out 1 or more scouts to scan some machines of earth as part of the repairs it was making.  That is how the transformers got their alt modes.  Soundwave's cybertronian altmode was some sort of communications tower I guess it would be.  Seen briefly in the first episode of the pilot.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, yeah, that's true actually.....although, as I've played the game Transformers: War for Cypertron, Soundwave has keep his form in there whilst he was on Cybertron.  Lazerbear, Rumble and Frenzy, that were in his boss battle, kept their original forms as well.

Man, it is rather confusing now....as on Cybertron, he seems to have been able to keep his alt form....although all playable characters had an alt form of either a tank, car, truck or jet and Soundwave got to have a truck as his alt form there.

So really, in that manner of speaking, it is a rathger tough one to figure out....but it does seem like both Autobots and Decepticons, since they were from Cybertron, have advanced technology as it is.....so really, I would imagine that Soundwave, at this point, would still be able to obtain his casette form somehow XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One idea I had is if the gm allows you could say either he has as his cybertronian altmode is instead of a communications tower as shown in the first episode of the pilot it could be a cybertronian boom box with a storage medium for music and or data what looks like an cassette to us.  After all since we use cd's, dvd's and flash cards to store data as well as formerly using there is nothing saying aliens would not use something totally different shaped.  Theirs could look like an earth cassette, or the same shape and general appearance as what looks like a cassette to us but may use flash or form or 3d technology to store data.  After all Perceptor's altmode is a microscope.  And maybe he has just 1 size his alt mode can be, or maybe he can choose between 2 sizes for it since Perceptor can have his altmode of a microscope be either sized for a transformer to use as a microscope or small enough for a human to use him as a microscope.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do like that idea there Kor, that would work out rather well actually, since his Cybertonion mode seems to change at times, so what's to say that it can't be a casette player this time, or a boom box, as you could put it XD

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
By the way I call dibs on Optimus prime.

Also I will allow Fan made transformers so long as they are of G1.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awesome, I'm still using Soundwave....as well as Lazerbeak, Rumble and Ravage.  I wont use Frenzy myself, just the other three of his minions....since one usually sees Soundwave with Lazerbeak, Ravage and Rumble mainly.

Someone would probabally have to be Megatron too, but of course, leave him open for anyone who wishes to take on his role ^^

You know, give others a chance sort of thing...but Soundwave is mine....favourite Transformer of mine....he ranks as #1 on my list of favourite Transformers ;)

By the way, perhaps edit your first post, Rocky, to say who has been taken by who?  You know, as a reference sort of thing?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is this all g1 transformers including post movie that are available?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 2 2010 on  10:46 PM
Is this all g1 transformers including post movie that are available?
yup except the following

Galvatron
Scourge
Cycloness
Rodimus Prime- does not affect hot rod
Wreck-gar
All Junkions
unicron
sharkticons
wheelie- might change
Tripticon- for now
Metroplex- for now
Scorpinok
Fortress Maximus
the techno bots- for now
the protectobots- for now
the arielbots- for now

more might be added or taken off

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess that means some can play the female autobots seen in the single season 2 episode if they want.  Though Elita one's power may need to be removed.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 2 2010 on  11:44 PM
I guess that means some can play the female autobots seen in the single season 2 episode if they want.  Though Elita one's power may need to be removed.
yep.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just curious....will the Constructicons be allowed in this one too?  You know, the five of them, I believe it was, that join together to form Devastator?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lots to choose from.  Certain autobots you want filled first?  Is there the limit to the number of chars someone can play, and from certain category?  

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, cause if Megatron is needed, and no one else does take him, then I might very well take him.  But that's only if, after given some time, no one else wishes to take on his role.