The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My fanfic

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Here comes a plot developing chapter, hope ya enjoy it.)

Chapter 9: On the Hunt

The Bright Circle was rising in the Great Sharptooth Valley one particular morning. It was a morning Chomper had been waiting for. When his eyes opened, he raced over to his parents. "Mom! Dad! Today's the day!" he cheered. "We know, we know," replied Papa Sharptooth, he clearly would rather be sleeping, but he had volunteerd himself and his mate on the event that happened this day. "Let's go, I don't wanna be late," Chomper smiled. The big sharpteeth yawned/roared and got up. "We're up don't worry," Chomper's mom replied. The family than proceeded towards the center of the Great Valley.

One think Chomper didn't like about the previous reality was the lack of cooperation among sharpteeth.  Very few little ones would play together or share, or help each other. But that was different in this new reality. They all got along here. But today was a big day for the young sharpteeth: it was the first time they were going to be taught hunting for leaf eaters out in the Mysterious Beyond.  Everyone was gathering to hear the opening message from the laeader of the Valley and biggest sharptooth of them all, one who was named Sharptooth. (In this reality, the original sharptooth never died and was the only sharptooth besides Chomper and his parents to exit in both realities.)  Sharptooth roared to get everyone's attention.

"Greetings young sharpteeth of all kinds," Sharptooth began in a very dignified voice "Over your time in the Valley you have learned maybe of the skills you'll need to know when you reach adulthood. But over the next several weeks you will learn a skill every sharptooth must learn: hunting." All the children let out a few cheers.  "We will have the first few days of training by having all of you stay with your respective species, after a while we'll have mixed herd hunting. Now, everyone get in a straight line."

"Hi Chomper," called Littlefoot joining him in the rex line. "You excited?" "You bet!" replied Chomper happily. Petrie got in the flying group, Spike got in the belly dragger line, and Cera and Ruby got in the fast biter line. Ducky was in a seprarate group for the swimming sharpteeth. "Good luck boys," Cera taunted. "You'll never bring back as much prey as I can." "We'l see Cera," replied Chomper. Meanwhile, Chomper's parents, Mama Flyer, Veli, and a grown-up belly dragger would be assisting all the groups. "Now remember children," Sharptooth called. "This is only your first hunt, so don't be disappointed if your results aren't that good. Now, everyone take off!"

"WAIT FOR ME!" they heard a voice calling. A sharpbeak (like Icky for 4) with a gren body and feathers sticking off all around him quickly joined the flyer group. Chomper recognized the voice and guess that it was.. "Guido!" "Sorry, I overslept," he said slightly out of breath. "I expected as much," replied Petrie with a laugh. The kids and their chaperones took off. (Mama Flyer with the flyers, the belly dragger with the belly draggers, Veli with the fast biters, and Chomper's parents with the rexes.)  Cera, Ruby, and all the other young fast biters were the first to catch sight of prey. "Watch me catch those spike tails easy," she bragged to the others. "Uh Cera, should't you be taught more.." Ruby began to say But Cera interrupted. "I'm a fast biter, I don't need training." All the other kids sighed in disbelief, but Veli looked proud.

Cera began sneaking up on the spiketails but she stepped on several sticks, alerting them of her presence. They quickly ran off. "Darn it," muttered Cera.  Ruby came over to her with a smile "Wow Cera, that was a great example, a great example that was," she taunted. "Be quiet," Cera muttered.  Meanwhile Petrie and the other flyers were flying up on the higher cliffs to stalk leaf eater flyers. Petrie caught a whiff with his sniffer. "Ah ha," he laughed, and began flying to the source of the smell. He was ready to attack when Guido appeared, the two knocking heads. "What was that?!" Gudio said startled, not seeing who it was who he bumped into. He saw it was PEtrie. "Well Guido, since that's the third time...today we've knocked head, let's hunt as a team, OK?" Petrie asked. "Sure," replied Guido.

Chomper's parents were guiding the young rexes in the art of hunting."Remember young ones, a key thing to know is never make a sound," Papa Sharptooth began. "I know, I know," an annoyed Hyp muttered. "Whjat's Hyp doing here?" Chomper asked. "Isn't he older?" "He faiuled the test last year," Littlefoot replied with a slient laugh, which turned into a laugh between the two sharpteeth. "Chomper, Littlefoot, please be quiet," Mama Sharptooth commented. "Yes mom," Chomper replied obediently.  Mama Sharptooth took a big sniff with her nose. "Can you smell that, that's the stench of longneck," she explained. All the kids did, and since they all have had longneck before, did recognize the odor.

Ducky and the other swimming sharpteeth were swimming through. "When stalking swimmers, be sure to stay at the bottom of the water so they aren't alerted of your prescence," the instructor explained. "Oh we will, we will," said Ducky. "I hope Spike's doing ok," she thought.  Meanwhile the belly draggers were ging through a set of tunnels. "Our size makes it hard for the flatteeth in here to escape," the instructor explained. "That's pretty smart," one of the other young belly draggers said. Spike nodded, his mind of course only on food.

Petrie and Guido had caught the whiff of another flyer nearby. "Here's the plan," Petrie began. "We catch it from both sides. You bite one wing, I bite the other," "Agreed," replied Guido.  After sticking to the shadows, they caught up with the flyer and attacked. They did just as they planned, and caught the leafeater. But...they had a problem. Even though they managed to kill it, the thickness of the wings got their teeth stuck in it! "Oh no!" said Petrie. "We can't fly with thjis stuck in our mouths, it's be too hard!" "They what are we gonna do?!" Guido panicked. "We're going to have to WALK all they way back to the valley," Petrie replied. "Ok," Guido sighed desperately.  It was going to be a LLLOOONNNGG walk.

Elsewhere the rexes had split into two groups to take the longnecks, who didn't know they were there. "Stay close to me Chomper," Littlefoot smiled. "And I'll help you if you need it." "Thanks Littlefoot," replied Chomper. They groups were about to pounce when suddenly a herd of threehorn ran through. "DARN IT!" they heard a familiar voice yell. Papa Sharptooth smiled "Here's a nother part of hunting kids," he said with a grin"The thrill of the chase! LEt's go!" At this point, all of the sharpteeth charged. Littlefoot and Chomper headed after two teenage threehorns who were separated from the group.

The two rexes were closing in on their prey. Chomper, however, who knew leaf eater, could here what they were saying whilt they were in persuit. "Run Screech!" one of the threehons called. "OK Thud!" the other cried. "Huh?" Chomper thought in his mind. "Maybe if we make it to Redfoot he can protect us!" Chomper was confused, but still running at high speeds, so he didn't notice a root of a tree, which he slipped on and fell down a 6-foot fall, knocking him out cold.

"Chomper? Chomper?" he heard a voice say. Chomper reawoke, back in the Great valley. "You bumped your head silly," Littlefoot smiled "And I had to take you back here." "Here, i caught one of those threehorns for you," Chomper smiled, taking a bite of the prey. But he was still very confused.  Sharptooth came in front of everyone again. "A good first day it has been!" he said proudly. "Take this time to celebrate and feast on your well-deserved meal!" he called to all the kids. Chomper looked around. Lots of fast biters, rexes, swimmers, flyers, and belly draggers had been succesful. Ruby, Cera, Spike, Petrie, and Ducky (From the water) gathered around the other two members of the gang.

"I heard you did good Chomper," Ruby smiled, giving im a little nuzzle, making Chomper blush. "Too bad about yourr accident." What did you guys catch anyway?" Chomper asked curious.  What happened next was a sheer coincidence, but Chomper has found this event odd ever since. "I got a longneck," Littefoot said. "Threhhon," said Cera. Chomper noted it was a very small one. Spike motioned to the spiketail  he had caught. "Huh, flyer," a tired but triumphant Petrie said. After the long trek back to the valley, Sharptooth managed to free Petrie and Guido. "Swimmer," Ducky smiled (Which looked oddly like the type of swimmer Ducky was in the previous reality.) "And I caught a runner." Ruby smiled. Chomper looked at the prey, breifly looking shocked but calmed down again. "Well, see you all tomarrow," Chomper called walking off.

Back at his family's cave, several thoughs were in Chomper's head. "Screech, Thud, and Redfoot? When I made my wish, did it transform all the sharpteeth into flatteeth?" he said mentally. "Did my wish do that too?" There were many thing to think about, but he decided to save them for later.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Her's another filler chapter, but don't worry, the plot will start heating up PRETTY SOON.)

Chapter 10: The Mothers' Night Out

Thoughts were going through Chomper's head rapidly. "Screech and Thud, they were both threehorns, could it have been them?" he thought.  "And Redfoot, that can't be a coincidence." It all made sense now why he hadn't been able to find Rita, Rory, or Myra anywhere in the Valley. "They're flatteeth now," he realized. "But maybe I'll see them again someday." "I guess the stone of cold Fire figured if all the leafeaters became sharpteeth, there'd be no leaf eaters. I guess it just wanted to balance things out." Mama Sharptooth opened her eyes. "Chomper, why aren't you asleep?" she asked calmly. "Soryy, mom," replied Chomper, and lied down on the ground.

Speaking of Chomper's parents, the next couple of weeks were like heck for them. Over the course of those weeks the gang had done the following: nearly get caught in a lava spill at the canyon of shiny stones, get stuck on a rock in the Mysterious Beyond during a hunting class,, accidently destroyed the Hidden Canyon, Accidently blocked off (but managed to save) the valley's water supply, and had to deal with a bunch of sand creepers that had gotten in, worst of all, they had to listen to the Adventuring sng again, again, and again. Most of these things they needed their parent's help to get the problem resolved.  Mama Sharptootg, Cira, and Mama Flyer were especially annoyed. Besides hunting and being there for their kids, they hardly had times to do the things they wanted to do.

But one day they had gotten idea. The 3 of them met over lunch. "You know what we should do?" Mama Flyer suggested. "What Tera?" asked Mama S. "At night one night soon the 3 of us should just sneak off and have some fun time." "Not a bad idea," Cira commented. "I need some time to relax. I mean, I love Cera and everything but she can be a bit of a burden, and now that Tricia's been born, my schedule's always full." "So it's settled," Tera commented "Her'es the plan." She began whispering it into their ears, not noticing that Cera was listening somewhere nearby. "So they want to have fun without us," she laughed silently. "We'll see what they're going to do."

Cera rushed back to the gang to tell them what she overheard. "So what?" asked Ruby. "Chomper, Petrie, and your moms just want to have some time off." "But they said they were going to have fun," Cera retorted. "And we want to have fun, don't we?" "I guess," replied Chomper. "So here's OUR plan," Cera began "When we hear them sneak off, we'll follow them." "But Cera, that's spying, and my mommy told me that it's wrong to spy on others, it is, it is," Ducky commented. "Then we just won't let them see us," Cera replied, using her Cera-logic.

Nighttime came. "Goodnight Cera, goodnight Tricia," Cira smiled to the kids. "Goodnight Cira," Cera replied, a grin hidden on her face. Cera kept one eye open watching her step mom's moves. When she saw her walk off, she began to follow. Then she heard Tricia make a noise. She looked at the baby fast biter beside her and said "Tricia, be quiet please," Tricia nodded and began to doze off.  Cera went to the gang's meeting point where Chomper, Spike, Petrie, Littlefoot, and Ruby were waiting. "Now we just have to track their  scent," Cera smiled confidentally. The gang agreed, so did Chomper, even though he respected his parent's privacy in the past reality. Chomper, Littlefoot, and Ruby sniffed the air. "They went that way, that is the way they went," ruby said, pointing east.

As they were walking to where Tera, Cira, and chomper's mom were, Chomper had a question. "Hey Ruby, where do you sleep every night?" Chomper asked. Since in this new valley, he lived with his parents, he had no idea where Ruby spent the night. Ruby suddenly looked nervous. "Oh, it's not important," she tried to assure Chomper. Chomper nodded, but he still wondered...  The gang eventually reached the scent's stopping point. "They're at the mud pools," Petrie commented. (From TMTC) Let's sneak in the pools," Cera said. "But how can we do that Cera?" Littefoot asked. Spike motioned to some bamboo or whatever it is people use on TV whenever they have to stay underwater. "Good thinking Spike," Cera commented. Spike grinned happily. The gang all grabbed one and quickly went under the mud.

Tera, Cira, and Terri (That'll be chomper's mom's name in my stories.) were chatting. "And then he tried to knock a swimmer out of the tree but it tipped over on him," Terri chuclked. "I swear, that mate of yours can be the biggest goof sometimes," Tera laughed. The gang was trying to listen in on the conversation, but because they were under mud, they couldn't see. "And of course, Cera accidentally caused that entire herd of spiketails to run off once without anyone catching any," "Hey!" Cera thought in her mind. Unknowingly to her, Terri had moved slightly, stepping right on her foot. She tried to hold in the pain. "Let's move on girls," Mama Flyer suggested. "Agreed," Cira and Terri replied, and got out, wiping themselves clean on some leaves, and just as they got out of the mud's range, Cera jumped up and yelled "OW!"

The rest of the gang laughed. "We probably shouldn't follow them anymore," Littlefoot said. "We have to know what they're up to!" Cera said once again. "But I trust my mom," Chomper replied. "Maybe rexes aren't suspicious, but a fast biter has to know everything!" The gang groaned. "Even a magic wish can't change her attitude," Chomper laughed mentally.  PEtrie picked up the trail. "I think I know where they're going."  The gang followed silently, but the place Terri, Tera, and Cira had stopped at was a clearing, so there'd be no place to hide. "Up there," said cera, pointing to a little cliff that was sticking out. The gang scurried up there. When they got up their, they noticed a belly dragger join the group. "That's Mr. Belly Dragger's mate," Ruby commented. "That's right, he got married a little while ago didn't he?" Chomper replied. The gang listened in.

Mrs. Belly Dragger had all the story-telling skills that her mate had, and she was telling the trio what everyone called a "Girl story." (The LBT equivalent of a chick flick, a joke I thought of.) Cera and Ruby were very interested, but then they heard a weird noise. They turned their heads, and saw Chomper, Spike, Littlefoot, and Petrie were asleep! They woke them up. "Sorry, that is just so boring," Chomper commented. "No it's not!" the two fast biters reply. Then they heard what sounded like rocks crumbling, and realized the little cliff they were on was coming apart. "OH NO!" they all yelled as they rolled...right in front of the grown ups. "Chomper!" Terri said. "Petrie!" Tera said. "Cera!" Cira said. "And the rest!" Mrs. Belly Dragger said. The gang looked embarrassed. "We were just...checking how the weather was over here," Cera lied. The mothers of course didn't believe her.

The gang had no choice but to confess. "Kids, we just want you to realize that we want some time to ourselves," Mama Flyer smiled. "We love you very much, don't worry," Mama Sharptooth continued. "And I hope you learned that spying is wrong," Cira concluded, eying Cera slightly.  "OK, we understand," the gang said, and began to walk home when Terri sauddenly said "Wait just a second...you didn't think you'd be off the hook that easily?" she smirked.

A FEW MINUTES LATER...

"This is the life," Cira smiled, lying on her back, Cera and Ruby fanning her to keep her cool, the rest of the gang doing it to the others. "I knew following you guys was a bad idea," Cera grunted. "Wasn't it your idea Cera?" Chomper laughed. Cera grunted again.

(Read and review/comment. Coming up soon... the return of Rita, Myra, and Rory, as well as more ChomperxRuby moments   :smile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Here's the next chapter, I haven't been getting many comments, so when you read it, could you please tell me what you think, ok?)

Chapter 11: An Unexpected Reunion

Chomper and the gang were playing Tag one morning, and chatting about whatever came to their minds.  "It's been really hot these last couple days hasn't it?" Petrie sighed, rubbing some sweat off of his face. "Want to swim in the waterhole guys?" Ducky asked politely. "The water's cool, it is, it is." "Yeah!" they all cheered and jumped in.  Chomper accidentally swallowed too much water and had to spit a lot out when he resurfaced.  Cera laughed. "Ah be quiet Cera," Chomper replied. Petrie was taking a nap on Spike's back due to him being tired. "We should all rest up," smiled Littlefoot. "Our next hunting class is soon." "Agreed," Chomper, Cera, Ruby, Ducky, and Petrie replied.

To recap the previously unmentioned hunting progress of the gang, it's been improving quite well.  Sharptooth ha some especially positive comments on Chomper and Littlefoot's use of teamwork, the lack of hindered the progress of sharpteeth in the previous reality.  Cera, well... Sharptooth has commented how Ruby would be a good example of a hunting pack leader, and Cera could afford to listen to her more. Petrie and Spike have been doing just fine in the belly dragger and flyer packs.  But today, since the groups have had plently of experience, it was time for the first attempt at a solo hunt.

"Fellow sharpteeth," Sharptooth called to the group. "Over the past couple of weeks you have learned to hunt in packs. But today, you will learn how to hunt, in case your in the emergency situation, by yourself. I recommend sticking to smaller leaf eaters until your skills have developed fully." Chomper and Ruby were listening intently, ready to try out the new challenge. Ruby chuckled a bit. "Poor Cera, maybe I should secretly help her out a bit." "Nah," Chomper replied. "Do you want her to think any more of herself?" The two sharpteeth laughed. "You're pretty funny Chomper," Ruby complimented. "Thanks," Chomper blushed in reply.  "Good luck to you, may ou have good luck," Ruby said as she walked off.

Chomper and Littlefoot gathered with some other young rexes. "OK guys, this is a big moment, so let's make sure no one messes up." Littlefoot said. The rexes all put their claws together including a reluctant Hyp, who still needed to pass the hunting test. "See you later," they all called to each other. "Oh yeah, bring lunch," Chomper added with a chuckle.  Chomper walked over to his parents. "You'll do fine son," Terri smiled. "I'm sure you will, I have high hopes for you Chomper," Sharptooth complimented after he walked over. "Thank you Sharptooth," Chomper said, honored by that comment, and set out towards the Mysterious Beyond. "I like your kid's attitude," Sharptooth said to Chomper's parents.

Chomper waved to his friends as they took off, and started using his sniffer to find a trail.  Hmm, a swimmer," he noticed, and went in the direction of the odor. "Might as well have a mid-morning snack," (A little joke based on the comment Cera made in five.)  H followed the trail to a little puddle of water, he noticed it wasn't very big. "I probably won't get good remakrs if this is all I bring back," Chomper thought. His belly growled. "But I might as get it anyway."  After a breif meaty treat, his sniffer started acting up again. "Is this, five different trails?" he said, "I wonder what they are."  He got in stalking mode and began tracking down the trail, waving to PEtrie and some of his siblings as he flew overhead.  "Good luck Chomper," one of his flying friend's brothers called.

Chomper eventually found the source of these odors. 4 dinosaurs were all walking together: 1 longneck, two threehorns, and a spike tail. None of them too big. "Oh boy, here's my chance!" he thought happily.  He hid behind some trees, then made a charging motion, but the spiketail turned around and noticed him. "Run!" he yelled in leafeater.  Chomper sighed and gave persuit, gaining steadliy. The 4 flateeth jumped over some trees, but Chomper managed to stal on their tails. Eventually they had been cornered by a big stone wall. As Chomper closed in, one of the threehorns cried. "This is it Rory!" "I'll miss ou Myra," the other one yelled. Chomper stopped, the girl longneck looked at him and suddenly her eyes widened. "Chomper..?" she asked surprised.

Chomper was thinking "It couldn't be?" "Rory, Rita, Myra?" he asked in flattooth."It is you," Rita the longneck replied relieved.  "This is Greg," Rita said, pointing to the spiketail. Myra looked nervous. "Rita, how can you trust him, we haven't seen him since he was a hatchling."  "What happened between you guys and me?" Chomper asked, not sure how it happened in this reality. "Well one day back when our herds lived in the Great Valley," Rita began. "When the sharpteeth invaded, the 4 of us found an egg. We thought it was a leaf eater's, so we took it with us when we fled, but  it turned out you were a sharptooth, and your parents tracked you down. They really care about you." Myra sighed. "Why are you telling him this? We're his diet, not his friends!" "Hey, all sharpteeth aren't mean," Chomper replied offended. In the previous reality, he tended to get into arguements with Myra occasionally.  "It's just instinct. So, where do all of you live?"

Rory, who wasn't completely distrusting of Chomper answered. "After wandering the Mysterious Beyond for a bit, our herds eventually found another valley. Not as good as the Great Valley, but still." Myra could be seen mouthing "Don't tell him this!"  "Hi Chomper, I'm Greg," the spike tail.  "Don't worry Myra," Rita commented. "I'm sure Chomper doesn't eat meat." Chomper let out a nervous laugh. Yeah, I don't eat leaf eaters...who are my friends." (He added that last part silently.)  "So how have you been Chomper?" Rita asked politely. "Great!" chomper smiled. "I've made some...new friends, and I'm doing well at hunting.." "Ha! He admits it," Myra called.  "Knock it off," Rory said.

The groups' nerves had eased down by this point.  As the conversation continued, chomper suddenly heard Littlefoot cry "All right Chomper!" "Oh no," thought Chomper. "Go get em!" Chomper quickly thought of a plan. "Play along," he whispered in leaf eater. Chomper then let out a roar, and the 4 understood what he was planning. They started to panic fakely and ran off.  When they were out of Littlefoot's sight, Chomper smiled. "Bye, hope to see you guys again," "Yeah, as appetizers," Myra said under her breath. Rita gave her a look, and called "Bye Chomper!" the 4 headed back to the leafeater valley. Meanwhile Chomper realized to make it seem suspicous why he didn't come back with anything, he quickly sniffed out another threehorn.

After catching his prey, Chomper reunited with his friends. "Wow, preety impressive Chomper," Littlefoot commented. "I just got two swimmers." "I"m sure you'll do better next time," Chomper said. "It's getting late, we should head back to the Great valley," commented Ruby. ""Im all for that," PEtrie said, having caught a flyer. Cera looked slighty mad. All she was able to catch was a tinysaurus.  All the young sharpteeth were complinted by their parents and Sharptooth when they got back.  "Very well done," Sharptooth began "But just remember, hunting is better done as a team." The young ones nodded, and began chowing down. The Bright Circle was going down soon after this.

"Goodnight," the gang called to each other. As Choper got back to his family's area, he had thought about what had happened today. "So, my former sharptooth friends are still out there, glad to know they're OK<" Chomper thought happily. "I hope I'll see you guys again," he said, Rita, Rory, Myra,a nd Greg on his mind, then went to sleep.

(Read and review, coming up next, ChomperxRuby chapters!)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i like chapter 10 chap. 11 not so,

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here comes the long-awaited ChomperxRuby Chapter!  :smile

Chapter 12: A Night Under the Stars

It was another day of fun at the waterhole. The Gang was plaing a game of "Biter in the Center" (Monkey in the Middle) Ducky and Cera were on one side, Chomper and Littlefoot on the other. Spike and Petrie were in the center, trying to catch the rock the two teams were tossing to each other. "Littlefoot, here it comes!" called Cera tossing the tone. It barely avoided Petrie's claws and managed to be caught by Littlefoot.  "Ducky! Here!" called Littlefoot. But when he tossed the rock, Spike rose his big tail and knocked it down. "Guess I'm in the center," Littlefoot chuckled. The young rex swam to the center and switched places with Spike.  "I like this game, I do, I do," said Ducky. Chomper smiled, he never played this game before.  The belly dragger gave the rock to Chomper, and he tossed it hard. Cera managed to catch it.  But something was on their minds.

After a few more rounds of the game, they decided to take a break.  Petrie looked around. "Guys, have you noticed we haven't seen Ruby all day?" he commented. The gang nodded. Chomper especially found that odd, as she always joined the gang whenever they went on adventures or played games.  "Gee, I hope she isn't sick, I don't I don't," Ducky said.  "Maybe we should go look for her," Chomper suggested. "Good idea Chomper," Littlefoot replied.  In the bck of Chomper's mind, there was something he should be rememberig about this day, but he just couldn't put a claw on what it was.

The gang (minus Ducky, bound to water.) were using their sniffers to find a trace of Ruby anywhere.  Eventually Chomper caught her trail. "Follow me," he said.  They soon found Ruby, just walking around the valley by herslef. "Hey Ruby," the five friends called. "Oh hey guys," Ruby called calmly. "Where have you been Ruby?" Cera asked. "Oh, nowhere special," Ruby replied, although that looked like it wasn't the truth.  "We were just playing Biter in the Center Ruby, wanna join us?" Chomper asked. "Maybe later, I'm a little tired," Ruby responded. Ruby looked as if she was waiting for something to happen, but then she walked off after a few moments. "Weird," said Cera. The gang resumed their game at the waterhole, though there was that thought that still was bugging Chomper in his mind.  He decided to stop thinking about it for now.

LATER THAT DAY....

Dinner time came. While Chomper was eating with his parents, Ruby showed up again. "Hey Chomper, sorry  couldn't play with you or the rest of the gang today," she apologized. "That's ok Ruby," Chomper smiled back. Ruby then came close. "But could you do me a favor?" she whispered in his ear. "What?" "Could you meet me at Saurus Rock tonight? So me and you can just talk?"  Chomper didn't know what to think, so he replied. "Sure I will." "Thanks Chomper," Ruby said, and walked off. "I wonder what she wants to talk about?" Chomper thought. "What did you friend want son?" Papa sharptooth asked. "Oh nothing," replied Chomper.  Chomper waited for nightfall to come before he left. "Goodnight son," Terri said as she was falling asleep. "Goodnight mom," Chomper replied, and waited a bit till her heard his parents snoring. His dad was a big snorer, so he could always tell when he had dozed off.  Chomper softly snuck out of his family's cave and went off.

It was weird, as Chomper couldn't find Saurus Rock anywhere. The longneck-shaped rock was nowhere to be seen. But when he got in it's general area, he looked up and grinned. "Of course," he laughed. In this reality Saurus Rock was shaped like a sharptooth, not a longneck. "What took ya?" Ruby asked with a grin. "Oh nothing," replied Chomper.  "I got to show you this," Ruby said. She pointed at Saurus Rock. "The back of the rock is just right for climbing to the top of the rock." "Cool!" replied Chomper. "Follow me," Ruby said. The two sharpteeth carefully navigated to the top of the rock. When they reached the stone sharptooth's head, Ruby quickly glanced around. "Ta da!" she called, pointing her claw back towards the valley. Chomper looked amazed.

From where they were standing, they got a PERFECT view of all of the Great Valley. They could see practically every sharptooth that was still awake, as well as the sight of wind going through the trees, hearing the echo of it coming from the caves. "This is incredible," Chomper said in awe. "I know," replied Ruby.  "They valley looks lovely here at night." Chomper kept looking around. "Look! That's Petrie's nest... and the Secret Caverns, and where we found Hidden runner.." Ruby looked at Chomper. "Yeah, I come up here a lot. It always makes me feel better." Chomper found that comment odd. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Oh nothing," Ruby suddenly replied. Ruby then lied down on her back, staring at the sky.

Chomper looked up, wondering if she was watching something, but there was nothing up there, just the stars. They seemed extra bright tonight, actually, it seemed like only 4 were shining very brightly compared to the rest. "They're very pretty," Chomper commented. "I know," replied Ruby. "I love the night, the night is something I love. You see just how peaceful the world can be sometimes." "I know," commented Chomper.  He atared up at the massive night sky. He noticed a few of the stars from some shapes. "Look, a tree." Ruby nodded. "I saw that. There's one that looks like those thing the flatteeth eat, and one that looks like the Smoking Mountain." Chomper also noticed these, they were all pretty cool.  "This is my own secret place, I haven't told anyone else about it until now. Chomper felt flattered, as she was willing to share her little secret with him.

Chomper sighed a happy sigh. "The weather tonight is just prefect, warm but a little wind."  Ruby looked at Chomper. "Chomper," she began "I've wanted to say this for a while, but thank you." "For what?" "And not just you," continued Ruby. "Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Petrie, and Ducky too, I just wanted to say thanks.. for being there. You're the best friends a fast biter, or anyone for that matter, could ask for." Chomper felt honored. "I'd give anything for these days to last forever." Then it hit Chomper: GIVE. Today was Ruby's star day. "Oh no," Chomper said. "We forgot your Star Day, didn't we?" Ruby nodded, but said. "It's OK, it's not like you needed to give me anything. Just your friendship is enough." Chomper felt relieved but a little disappointed in himself. Then the weirdest thing happened:  the 4 extra bright stars from before all seemed to be shining on..Ruby.  "Whoa, that's cool," Chomper said. "How'd they do that?" "I think I know how," Ruby replied under her breath. Ruby then gasped. "Oh no, I forgot!"

"Forgot what?" Chomper asked. "I forgot something I wanted to give to you." Chomper laughed a bit. "It's YOUR Star Day Ruby, you don't have to give ME anything," he said. "But trust me, you'll love it," Ruby said. "Just stay here, and wait for me. I left it at my cave." "Speaking of which," Chomper started to say, but Ruby had already taken off. "Where does she sleep anyway?" the little sharptooth wondered. "I haven't seen her parents or siblings anywhere since I made my wish."  He then got an idea. "When she doesn't see me, I can just follow her trail and she'll lead me to where she stays the night."  Chomper then slid down the back of Saurus Rock like a slide. "Whee!" he cheered, then landed on the ground. He started using his sniffer. "Ok, let's see... she went that way!" he said, then followed the scent. His sniffer was leading him towards the center-most part of the Great Valley, and he could tell he was closing in on the end of it.

But when Chomper reached the end of the trail, he stopped suddenly. "While this can't be right," he said a little confused. Ruby's trail had led him...right to the outside of Sharptooth's cave! "My sniffer must've made a mistake. It probably just followed someone else's trail by accident." But his theory was quickly proven wrong when Ruby emerged from the cave. "Chomper!" she said surprised. "Did you just follow me?" Chomper looked nervous. "Yeah, but I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, I just wanted to know where you sleep every night." Ruby sighed. "Well, I guess you found me out. Well, some of the grown-ups know too, but you're the only kid who knows." Chomper looked confused.  "Ok, but still, why does Sharptooth let you stay with him? He leads the Valley."  Ruby then sighed. "It's not so much I don't want to tell the others that I do live with him, I just really don't want to tell them why. But I guess I have no choice but to tell you Chomper." "What's going on Ruby?" Chomper asked, knowing there was seriously something going on here.

Ruby started to look sad. "Well, let's just say....if it weren't for Sharptooth...I probably wouldn't be alive right now."

(A cliffhanger! Remember, Read and Review/comment. Next chapter should be up before Friday.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Next chapter is up, more comments (if you pleases.)

Chapter 13: Ruby's Revelation

"WHAT?!" Chomper yelled. He was lucky he didn't wake anyone up with that tone, but that was quite a bombshell  to him. "It's true," Ruby replied somberly. Chomper looked concerned. He needed to know what had happened to his friend long ago. "Ruby, exactly what happened to you?" he asked slightly horrified. Ruby kept a frown. "I really don't like telling others about this, but I feel there's no getting out of it now." Chomper nodded, he had no idea what to think about now. "But..I don't want anyone else to hear this. Let's head back to Saurus Rock, Ok?" "Agreed," replied Chomper. The two friends silently navigated back to the point where they started the night together, and scaled the sharptooth-shaped rock.  When the two reached the top, Ruby double-checked to make sure no one else was around. "Ok, here I go," Ruby sighed. "But I don't remember exactly when all this started happening, so I'll just start my tale from the best place I can."

YEARS AGO, IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND....

"Ruby! Watch me!" a young fast biter laughed. "Ok Howler, I'm watching," a younger Ruby replied, watching her younger brother do a curved jump (cannonball) into the little pool of water nearby. Howler caused a big splash, soaking his sister. Ruby laughed after spitting some of the water out of her mouth. "Hey, watch it next time," Ruby laughed. Sorry sis, it's just that since mom and dad are busy all the time I need someone to watch me dive." "That's ok," Ruby said. "Hey sis, can you teach me how to hunt?" Ruby laughed a bit. "You're too little to get meat by yourself, how about I just show you how to get some stinging buzzers al right?" "Sure sis," replied Howler. Ruby sniffed around, and saw a buzzer's nest a short distance away. "Follow me," Ruby instructed.

Ruby and Howler hid behind a rock, and Ruby informed Howler about what to do. "Ok, when you see buzzers outside the nest and not too high off the ground, just go for it and chomp on them." "Got it!" Howler replied happily.  Howler wasn't exactly the most listening fast biter there was, so he kind of misunderstood his sister's instructions. He charged for the nest. "Howler wait!" cried Ruby "Don't bite the.." but it was too late. When Howler jumped up, he bit into the nest, not just the bugs. "OW!" he cried as he landed on his back. Ruby ran over. "You OK bro?" she asked. "Yeah, but my tooth.." Howler replied. Howler opened his maw wide, and one of his teeth fell out. "Oh great, it fell out," he complained. Ruby laughed. "Don't worry Howler, all of us sharpteeth lose our baby teeth before we get our big ones." "But that was my biggest tooth," Howler complained. "I"m gonna keep it." "Whatever you want," Ruby laughed as a reply.

Ruby's parents eventually arrived. They had a good laugh after being told of the tooth incident. "Be careful next time," Ruby's dad said. "Ok dad," groaned Howler. Ruby's other brother, Edge had shown up. "Look, I caught a little swimmer," he bragged. Howler groaned again. "See, even Edge knows how to hunt!" he complained to Ruby. "Don't worry Howler, I'll teach you one day," Ruby replied.  All in all, Ruby's life back then was pretty good. Even before Sharptooth had united all of the sharpteeth herds, Ruby had enough fun playing with her younger siblings. "It seemed nothing could go wrong in my life," said the present-day Ruby, narrating the story. "So what happened?" asked Chomper, listening intentively. "Well..." Ruby began. "It all started a few months before we took over the Great Valley."

"I started noticing that whenever my parents came home, they would have these weird marks on them. I could tell they were injuries, but they always said it was just hunting trouble. The weird part was...I could tell they were lying somehow, but I just never spoke up about it."

THE PAST....

Ruby's star day had came.  Her parents had caught a spiketail for the main course when Howler walked up to her sister looking nervous. "Hey sis, I wanted to get you something really special, but all I could think of was this," he said shyly. He stuck out his claw, and dropped something into Ruby's: It was the tooth he had lost earlier! "Howler, I'm..flattered," Ruby replied, she thought it was cute that he actually DID hold on to it. "Just promise me you won't get me the same thing on my Star Day," Edge laughed. "Ok," replied Howler.  That night, the parents were saying goodnight to their kids. "Goodnight Ruby, goodnight Howler, goodnight Edge," Mama Fast biter said. "Goodnight mom," the siblings replied in unison. Shortly after they fell asleep, the parents snuck off. Ruby, however, had kept one eye opened and secretly followed them.

"I didn't know where they were going, but I had to find out," Ruby said to Chomper.
"But I'm still not sure what I heard or saw back then."

THE PAST....

By the time Ruby had caught up with her parents, they were talking with someone (Ruby couldn't tell who or what it was) in a little canyon, and she had hid behind a rock a little distance away. But all of a sudden, she could tell her parents sounded afraid and were in a heated arguement with whoever they were talking to. "I can't believe you two! It's been almost a year, and you STILL haven't yielded any results!' "We have a family to take care of!" Ruby's father yelled at the mysterious figure. The dino laughed. "Family eh? I figure you'd have more time avaible if they were out of the way.." "DON"T YOU DARE!!!" Mama Fast Biter yelled, and started to attack the unknown dino, but whatever it was slashed it's claw, and it hit Ruby's mom...right in the throat. "NO!" Ruby's dad yelled. Suddenly he turned around and noticed Ruby. "What are you doing here.." he looked back. "RUBY RUN!" her father yelled as the mysterious dino attacked him. Ruby stared in fear as her parents were murdered in front of her eyes. She ran back to his brothers, she needed to save them.

Ruby had reached Howler and Edge. "Guys wake up!" Ruby yelled at the top of her lungs. "What is it?" Edge asked concerend. "Mom and dad..." Ruby said, her tears making it hard to say the next part.."They're dead!" "WHAT?!" Howler and Edge shrieked.  Suddenly, they felt the ground shake. "Oh no," Ruby said in silent fear. "EARTHSHAKE!" they all yelled. Very unfortunately, the siblings were right at the point where the ground began splitting. "Run!" yelled Howler, but it was too late. The 3 young fast biters were being caught up by the crack in the ground. Edge was panting. "I..don't think I can.." then he fell. "Edge NO!" Howler yelled, seeing his brother fall to his doom before his eyes. Howler was soon to follow. "Howler! Take my claw!" Ruby yelled, but her efforts proved to be useless, as the vibrations of the earth caused Howler to fall.

"I can't remember exactly what happened next," Ruby cried. "And sometimes, I wish I would just forget all of this. All I remember was waking up the next morning, and beside me was Howler's tooth. His gift hadn't fallen into the ground, so I kept it in memory of him. I walked for what seemed like forever until I passed out. When I woke up, I felt someone was carrying me. I opened my eyes, and saw that it was a big sharptooth. I first I was scared, I thought he was going to kill me. But I could just tell he had a good heart, and I was right. Shortly afterwards, all the herds had moved into the Great Valley. The big sharptooth, who I had always thought it was funny that his name actually was Sharptooth, let me live in his cave. He told me how he saw me lying on the ground and managed to save me from dieing."

Chomper meanwhile, had remembered something. In the past reality, he wasn't quite sure, but one day after he left the GV he and his parents were walking around and found 4 corpses of what were Ruby's species. Chomper thought they weren't her family, but he though differently now. The weird part then was that, it didn't look like a sharptooth killed them, it looked like a leafeater did...  "And so I met you guys one day, and here we are," Ruby finally concluded.  Chomper was moved to tears. "Ruby, I'm....so sorry." He couldn't think of anything else to say. Ruby managed to hold back her tears. "Don't worry, I think I've been able to think about good things, not just the bad things in my life. But I swear sometimes, sometimes I swear, I smell him."

"Who?" asked Chomper. "I didn't see who or what killed my parents, but I caught his scent. Sometimes, I just randomly smell him nearby, but then it goes away. I feel scared." Chomper walked over to Ruby. "You want me to walk you back to your cave?" he asked. "That would be nice," replied Ruby. The sharptooth and the fast biter slid down Saurus Rock  and returned to Sharptooth's cave. When Chomper waved goodbye, Ruby came back out, holding a small tree branch with blue leaves. "What's that?" Chomper asked. "What I wanted to give to you," Ruby replied. "Sharptooth told me about these. See, you hold them over someone you like and.." All of a sudden, to his surprise, Ruby kissed Chomper!  "Goodnight Chomper," Ruby smiled, and walked back into the cave. Chomper went back to his parents, a process made surprisingly hard by his inability to focus on that.

Meanwhile, a strange looking fast biter was standing atop the stone walls surronding the valley, giving a tern-looking glare down at Sharptooth's cave..

(Hope ya liked it! The next couple of chapters will be filler, though. Read and review!)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, thank Dark Fox Tailz for the idea to bring Pterano into the story.)

Chapter 14: Bad to the Beak Part 1

Chomper enjoyed spending time with his friends, especially Ruby now after their night at Saurus Rock. Ruby felt that Chomper was the friend she could always come to.. “You’re pretty nice Chomper,” she had told him more than once since.  That day, Chomper came up to her. “Littlefoot told me that all of us should meet at the waterhole, he has something cool to tell us.” “That sounds neat, neat it sounds,” Ruby replied. As they walked off, Chomper’s parents looked at them. “Our son is growing up,” Papa Sharptooth smiled. “Ok,” said Terri “Who’s gonna give him the Flyers and the Buzzers speech?”  “That’s not for more cold times,” Papa laughed in reply. Terri looked slightly embarrassed. “Don’t worry about it for now,” he added.  Mama Sharptooth looked better, watching her son run off.

Ruby and Chomper ran all the way to where Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, and Spike were waiting. Petrie currently wasn’t around.  “Here’s something I think we could do for fun guys,” Littlefoot began. “What?” asked Chomper.  “As you probably already know, we’ve been seeing a lot of the kids forming Pine Cone teams right?” “Yeah,” they all replied. “I thought, maybe we should start a team. We’re all good friends, and we’ve all played before, except Ducky of course.” “I know I know,” Ducky sighed in reply. Her water-boundness affected a lot of the things she could do, but there still were plenty of things she could do.   “That sounds fun,” Ruby said. Cera looked around. “Guys, has anyone seen Petrie? I swear, those flyers always get themselves lost.” “Cera!” said Littlefoot. The fast biter Cera was just as arrogant as threehorn Cera.

“But that’s not the best part!” Littlefoot smiled.  “Sharptooth heard about all of the teams, so he decided to make a tournament out of it! He said the winning team members each receive a Shiny Stone!” Chomper smiled. His parents loved the shiny Stone he won them a while back, and thought it would be cool if all of his friends had one. “What do you say guys?” Littlefoot asked. “Sure!” they replied. Chomper, Ruby, Cera, Littlefoot, and Spike all put their claws together, and raised them in a cheer. Spike went to eat a swimmer Ducky’s mom had caught. At this point, the gang got curious. “OK, where is Petrie already?” Cera complained. “This is getting annoying.” Suddenly they heard wings flying towards them. It was Petrie, looking excited. “Oh, sorry I’m late guys!” he called from above. He landed on a branch near the gang. “I have great news?” “What is it Petrie?” Chomper asked.

“Well, when I woke up this morning I was about to leave to catch up with you guys when my mom told me and my brothers and sisters that…” Before Petrie could say what it was, the answer came to the gang. “Hello down there!” a voice called from above. Chomper and Ruby looked confused, it was a voice they hadn’t heard before, but Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, and Ducky had. “Oh don’t tell me…” Littlefoot muttered. “You gotta be kidding me,” said Cera, putting her hand on her face. “Oh no no no,” said Ducky. They looked up. It was Petrie’s uncle Pterano!  “That’s Petrie’s uncle?” Chomper asked, having heard about him now in both realities.  “It is, it is,” Ducky replied. The big flying sharptooth landed near the gang. “Uncle, I haven’t seen you in a while!” Petrie said, giving him a hug. “I know, I know,” replied Pterano.

Tera and the rest of Petrie’s siblings arrived. “Are you going to do another stunt uncle?” one of the girls asked. Littlefoot sighed. “It’s because of his uncle that Petrie loves doing all these dumb stunts.” He explained to Chomper and Ruby. “You mean like….”

FLASHBACK

Petrie was showing his friends his latest stunt:  The “Fly In-and-Out of A Sleeping Grownup’s Mouth trick. In Chomper’s family cave, Petrie timed it carefully as Chomper’s dad snored on. As the mouth opened and closed, Petrie swiftly flew in, then waited till it opened again to fly back out.  “Petrie, stop this!” Chomper whispered not wanting to interrupt his parent’s sleep. “Don’t worry,” Petrie laughed in reply. He kept doing this until eventually his wing got caught in Papa Sharptooth’s mouth. “oh no,” said Ruby, but Petrie managed to pull himself free.  “Mmm….tasty,” Chomper’s dad muttered, but it was luckily him just sleep-talking.

ANOTHER FLASHBACK….

Petrie was standing atop Black Rock in the Mysterious Beyond. “Petrie this is stupid,” criticized Cera. “Just wait, this’ll be awesome,” replied Petrie.  “But isn’t this dangerous?” Chomper asked. “Just wait for it,” Petrie responded. As if on cue, a rock slide occurred. “Here I go!” As the gang was rushing to get back to the ground, Petrie landed on one of the rocks, and rode it through the rock slide like a human on a surfboard.  “RUN!” yelled Littlefoot as the gang managed to get out of the way just in time as Petrie kept riding the rock. After that stunt, he was punished by his mother of course.

THE PRESENT…

“And don’t even get me started on the attempt at the “Eat a Longneck From Inside-Out” stunt,” concluded Cera. “Good point,” Chomper replied. “So what does Pterano do if he doesn’t live here in the valley?” the young rex asked. “Well, from what Petrie tells us,” Littlefoot replied. “Pterano likes to travel the world, performing his stunts for all the other young sharpteeth in the world, they all seem to enjoy them.” “Cool,” commented Chomper. “But, you can probably guess that the grownups don’t like him,” Cera said. “I heard Cira say that she can’t believe he’s related to Petrie’s mom.”   “That wouldn’t surprise me,” Ruby chuckled in reply.

Petrie and his siblings were asking Pterano a lot of questions. “So why’d you come back to the Valley uncle?” Petrie asked, eager to know. “Well nephews and nieces,” Pterano said. “I think I have finally come up with the best stunt ever.” “What is it?!” all the flyers asked. “Well, I’m sure all have heard of Crumbling Rock in the Mysterious Beyond right?” “Yeah,” replied Petrie. “The one where rocks are contstantly falling over the edge?” “The very one,” replied Pterano. “I was thinking: I’m going to fly from the surface to the top of Crumbling Rock admist all those falling rock.s”

“Pterano that’s crazy!” complained Tera. “Sister, you have no sense of excitement,” Pterano retorted. “Could I do it too?” Petrie asked. “Nephew, this is too extreme for a young one like you,” Pterano said, he wasn’t that crazy when it came to these. “That sounds cool,” said another voice. It was Guido who had just flown in now. “But I bet anyone could do it,” he commented. Petrie looked offended. “That’s not true! My uncle does the most extreme things that only an extreme dinosaur could do!” he retorted. “Oh please,” replied Guido. “I bet I could do it no sweat.” “You’re on,” replied Petrie.  Guido had different motivations when he said this. In both realities, he was a bit of a laughing stock for some of the other young dinos, so he felt if he could do something cool, the others will finally respect him. Littlefoot, Chomper, Ruby, Cera, Spike, and Ducky already did, but still…

Petrie and Guido flew over to the gang. “Ok, here’s the plan:” Petrie began. “When my uncle does his Crumbling Rock trick, Guido and I will secretly do the same thing from the sidelines,” he laughed. “Petrie, that’s not a good…” Littlefoot began, but Petrie ignored him. “Then I’ll prove to Guido that he is not ready for these awesome stunts.” “And when I win,” Guido replied “”I’ll prove that all these things Petrie and his uncle do are nothing but falling-with style.” Petrie hmmphed.  “We’ll see who’s right,” Petrie chuckled, and flew off.  “See you guys soon,” Guido waved to the gang, and flew off. “You guys smell that?” Littlefoot asked. Chomper sniffed the air. “You mean the swimmer Spike’s eating?” Chomper asked.

“No, that’s the smell of trouble,” Littlefoot replied.

(That’s Chapter 14. Dark Fox Tailz helped me with some ideas to add more of the canpn characters to the story. Hope you like it, and if you have any suggestions for plot or characters, I’d be glad to here them J)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I find myself liking this story more and more the longer I read it! :yes I'm happy to say this story has just the right mix of everything, drama, suspense, and the ever loving cliffhangers! :DD

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Conclusion of the two-parter, as well as a little plot development

Chapter 15: Bad to the Beak Part 2

“I can’t believe there actually going through with this,” Chomper laughed. “We should talk them out of it,” Littlefoot agreed. “But what are we gonna do? IF Petrie and Guido do this, they’ll stop arguing, but if they don’t they’ll continue fighting,” Ruby commented.  “Good point Ruby,” replied Littlefoot. “Chomper, me you and Spike will talk to Petrie while Ruby, Cera, and Ducky, you guys talk to Guido.” “Agreed,” the gang said, and went off to find their fair flying friends.  Littlefoot could see that Pterano was with his nephews and nieces. “Maybe we can change Pterano’s mind too,” Chomper suggested.

“Oh hey there Petrie,” the rex called to his friend.  “Are you sure you want to do this?” “I’m sure,” replied Petrie. “I’ll prove to Guido that my uncle and I are tougher than he’ll ever be,” he laughed. “But Petrie,” Chomper replied. “Everyone knows you’re tough, and Guido’s seen your stunts before.”  Petrie chuckled. “You know Guido, he’s such a skeptic loser,” the flyer explained. “Once I prove to him me and my uncle can do this, he’ll stop doubting.” Chomper sighed. “This isn’t working,” he thought. Littlefoot tried talking to Pterano. “Um…Mr. Petrie’s uncle, have you heard about this little bet that Petrie and Guido have?”  Pterano laughed. “I know, but I doubt they’ll go through with it. My nephew’s smart enough to know not to try something THIS extreme.” Littlefoot felt relieved, but only slightly. Suddenly they saw the shadows of 2 other flyers appear overhead.

Pterano looked up. “Well, haven’t seen THOSE two in a while,” he said. “Rinkus and Sierra! How ya been?” Rinkus sighed. “Fine…considering that injury me and Sierra got the last cold time.” “Who are these two uncle?” Petrie asked. “Rinkus and Sierra,” replied Pterano. “They’re two flyers I met while traveling the world. They joined me in my stunts, but after one went wrong they got injured and decided to travel on their own.” “Don’t worry P,” replied Sierra “We know that accident wasn’t your fault.” Pterano smiled. “See you around,” called Rinkus.

Meanwhile, Ducky, Ruby, and Cera managed to find Guido.  “Guido wait up!” Ducky called from the water. “What is it guys?” Guido asked. “We don’t think you should do this dumb dare you have with Petrie,” Ruby said. Guido scoffed. “But if I back down, Petrie will never let me hear the end of it. I’ll prove to everyone that I’m the most super sharptooth, the coolest carnivore, the mightiest meat-eater, the fantastic…est flyer!” Guido than flew off, laughing triumphantly. “Well that didn’t work,” Cera commented matter-of-factly.  “Let’s just let them get their commupance.” “Cera, Petrie and Guido are our friends!” Ruby said slightly angrily. “So? Those flyers are being dumb today. Let’s just see what happens.”

Guido went on to practice flying and gliding. “Finally, I’ll be able to stop Petrie’s bragging,” he chuckled to himself.  He did some impressive swooping through small gaps in some rocks. “Beat that Petrie,” he chuckled.

The gathered again at dinner.  Chomper, Littlefoot, Ruby, Cera, Spike, as well as Tippy (who was also a belly dragger in this reality). Sharing a clubtail the grownups had caught, Tippy asked. “What’s this Tippy heard about the flyers?” “Oh, Petrie and Guido are having a bet involving another stunt Petrie’s uncle is doing,” Chomper explained.  “Tippy says that doesn’t surprise Tippy,” Tippy replied.  Petrie eventually flew in. “After a day of practice, I’m ready to prove Guido wrong!” Petrie laughed. The gang sighed. “Oh just give it a rest Petrie,” Cera said. “I will…after I beat Guido,” Petrie laughed, and flew off. “Huh, you guys tell me if my ego ever gets that big,” Cera said. “Uh…yeah,” the gang responded, and walked off. “What?” the fast biter asked confused

The next day came. Despite their parent’s orders to not watch the event, Littlefoot, Chomper, Ruby, Cera, and Spike gathered at the top of Crumbling Rock. Spike was a little nervous. Watching the falling rocks, he was worried the surface he and his friends were on would eventually crumble.  It hadn’t happened before, but the belly dragger just had a feeling. They looked down and could see Pterano talking with his nephews and nieces (minus Petrie) explaining his upcoming trick. “Gather round young ones,” he called. “Watch as I, your brave uncle Pterano, who will now fly among the barrage of falling rocks all the way to the peak of Crumbling Rock!” “OOOHH!” all the little flyers said in unison. As stupid as the idea was, it would be considered impressive by whoever would be able to pull it off.

Meanwhile Petrie and Guido were off on the sidelines. “Here’s the idea:” Petrie whispered, “After my uncle starts up, we enter from the side, and then I beat you to the top well you lose and hit the ground. “Oh ha ha,” Guido laughed sarcastically. “Anyone can do this, it’s so simple,” he said. “I already told you…” Petrie began to say, but decided not to bother. He noticed among the crowd of flyers was Rinkus and Sierra. “Better stay out of their sight,” Petrie commented, “Knowing them, they’ll probably try to stop us from doing this.”

Back at the top, the gang was watching the Pterano and the the younger flyers prepare for the death-defying flight of fate. “Want some ground crawlers?” Chomper asked his friends, eating them like a human eats popcorn at the movies. “I”ll take some,” said Cera, and Chomper gave her a handful. “I could use dinner AND a show,” she said as an  attempt at a joke, but it didn’t work. “Oh never mind,” Cera said, and continued looking over the edge. Chomper was slightly nervous. In both realities he had a fear of heights that acted up sometimes, and now was one of them. But he tried his best to ignore the feeling this time. “I’m sure everything will turn out OK,” he said. “For Pterano maybe, but those two…” Ruby laughed. “Good point,” smiled Chomper.

Pterano took a few steps in front of the falling rock pile. One of Petrie’s sisters was giving the signal for “go.”  “On my mark…get set……GO!” she called, and Pterano took off. A straight flight from the bottom to the peak would take about 45 seconds considering all the rocks that had to be dodged. Pterano lived up to his reputation, he began by avoiding a rather large boulder that everyone thought would crush him. “Awesome!” one of Petrie’s brother called. “Now’s the time,” said Guido, and the young flyers took off.

“Here they go,” Littlefoot said nervously watching from above. Not too surprisingly, Guido and Petrie avoided the center part of the falling rocks for two reasons: 1. Pterano and everyone else would see them, and 2. They wanted to stay away from the REALLY BIG rocks. “I’m gonna beat you!” Petrie called. “Don’t count you eggs before they hatch,” Guido taunted back. The two fyers flew upwards in what could be called a figure-8 pattern considering they way they dodged most of the walks. Both of them had worked up a sweat.  It was getting difficult. “Maybe this isn’t so easy,” Guido thought to himself.  “Maybe Guido and my friends were right,” Petrie tought. “But I’m not going to let Petrie/Guido know he was right!” they both thought. Little did they know, trouble was about to happen up above.  Littlefoot started to feel the ground they were on shake. “Oh no...” he said.

“We gotta get outta here!”” Littlefoot yelled. Spike’s fear had come true. The ground was crumbling, and if they didn’t get out of the way, the gang would all fall down! Ruby, Cera, Spike, and Littlefoot managed to get to a safe zone, but Chomper had tripped! “Help!” shrieked chomper. “NO! CHOMPER!” Ruby yelled, and tried to grab him, but it was too late, the ground had crumbled, and Chomper was falling. “AAHHH!” screamed Chomper at the top of his Sharptooth lunges. However, Guido and Petrie managed to hear him. “Oh my goodness! We have to save him,” Guido panted, and they flew to the rescue. The got right under Chomper, however…Chomper’s weight only forced the flyers down too! “HELP!” all three of them yelled. Luckily, their screams were overheard by Pterano. “On no, the children!” he yelled, and quickly flew to where they were falling. “WHOA!” all of the flyers watching below. Pterano swiftly dodged many falling rocks and managed to catch Guido, Chomper, and Petrie.

SOME TIME LATER….

“Uhh….uh…” Petrie sighed. He and Gudio had been knocked out cold by the fall. The two flyers began to slowly open their eyes. “Petrie…Guido?” Chomper said, smiling while staring down at them. “Chomper?” Petrie said weakly, “You’re alright?” Chomper nodded. “Yeah, your uncle managed to save us.”  “I’m so glad you’re alright,” Ruby smiled, and the fast biter gave Chomper a big hug.  Chomper blushed at the sign of affection. “That’s good to hear,” Guido smiled, but suddenly, when he tried to get himself up, he felt a stinging pain. “OW!!!!” cried both flyers. “Yeah,” Littlefoot laughed nervously. “You see, what happened was…”  To explain it more clearly, since Chomper fell head-first, Petrie and Guido landed between a t-rex’s head and Pterano’s back. Since a sharptooth’s skull is harder than metal, they were lucky the impact didn’t kill them. Pterano only got a few bruises meanwhile.

“Anyway, after we found you,” Ruby said. “We took the 4 of you to Mr. Belly Dragger. He got a special juice from some fruits in the trees. Pterano should be ok in a little while, but you two…” Chomper laughed. “Let’s just say Petrie that your mom didn’t ground you because you’ll be grounded for quite some time. “Nonsense,” Petrie chuckled. “I’ll be back and flying in no time,” he said, avoiding movement. “Or quite some time,” Cera said with a smirk. “We should probably go to bed now, the Bright Circle’s going down,” Littlefoot said. “Agreed,” the rest of the Gang smiled, and headed back to their caves.

On the way back to Sharptooth’s cave, Ruby’s path was blocked by the fast biter herd returning from a hunt. “Um...excuse me, pardon me, coming through,” Ruby said, navigating her way through the group. Suddenly, she froze in her tracks. She felt SOMEONE give her an icy cold glare, but she couldn’t see who or what. She looked around nervously for a second, than quickly ran over to Sharptooth’s cave.

(I wonder what that was…..  Read and Review!)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
IT is interesting reading these chapters on this page.  To bad Ducky is not in these very much due to her being a water only type.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
petrie is much braver in this story,

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Well it seems that both Petrie and Guido got a lesson out of this, but they did save Chompers life so the pain may be worth it. Although I'm not too sure who that was that gave Ruby that ice cold feeling, but I do know that it can't be good.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Next chapter, thanks for all the reviews guys!)

Chapter 16: The Trouble with Tricia

Ruby quickly got into Sharptooth’s cave, looking nervous. “Ruby? Is something wrong?” Sharptooth asked, waking up from a nap.  Ruby shuddered. “I think….someone’s watching me,” she said nervously. Sharptooth was concerned. Ever since he saved Ruby’s life, he had become her legal guardian, and cared deeply for her safety.  Sharptooth took a few steps outside.  He sniffed the air. All the other sharpteeth had headed to their sleeping places. There was currently no one around. “I’ll stand guard if you want,” he smiled at Ruby. “That’s ok,” replied Ruby. Sharptooth was tough. He could spent a week without sleep if he wanted too. If something worried Ruby, he could stand guard all night.  By that point, the mystery Velociraptor  had slipped away.

Over the course of the next week, Chomper, Ruby, Littlefoot, Spike, and Cera were busy practicing for the upcoming Pine Cone Tournament. Spike, Ruby, and Cera were already pretty good while Chomper and Littlefoot needed to improve their skills.  “Go long!” called Cera and tossed it out of her hand. Ruby and Littlefoot jumped up, but Cera threw it a precise angle to avoid their claws. “I got it!” called Chomper. He opened his mouth and caught the pine, and rushed to his side’s makeshift goal. “All right! The score’s 8 to 6!” Chomper bragged. His day was going great. He had a lot of practice playing this with Rory, Rita, and Myra in the previous reality. He hope they hadn’t got caught or anything. “That’s right,” Cera laughed. “With our combined skills, the 5 of us will beat every team!” Even though Cera had a tendency to be a braggart, Littlefoot almost agreed with her this time.   However…..

THE NIGHT OF THE GAMES…..

“What da ya mean I can’t compete in the games?!” Cera asked Veli and Cira shocked.  “I’m sorry Cera,” Cira replied. “Your father and I have some grownup things to do, and we can’t find anyone else to watch Tricia.” “But that’s not fair!” complained Cera. “Could be worse,” replied Veli. “That flyer friend of yours won’t really be moving for a while,” he added with a laugh. Cera thought about that. Pterano, feeling guilty about Petrie and Guido’s injuries, decided to stay in the Valley and help out his family until Petrie got better.  Rinkus and Sierra also decided to stay around. “Ok, ok,” Cera said, giving in. Veli and Cira gave the two little fast biters kisses. “Bye girls,” called Veli. “Bye Daddy, bye Cira,” Cera called back.

Tricia went up to her sista and rubbed her leg. “Sistuh..” she said smiling. Tricia was able to speak words now, but only a few and she couldn’t really say them properly. Cera sighed. “Yeah, I guess your OK Tricia,” Cera smiled back. “It’s just that I want to play but Cira and Dad want me to watch you….” Suddenly, Cera had an idea. “They just want me to watch you…,” she smiled cleverly. “But they didn’t say WHERE……” She put her sister on her shoulders. “Hold on Tricia, you’re going for a ride,” Cera smiled, and ran to where the Pine Cone tournament was being held.  “Whee!” Tricia said as Cera went to her destination. The games had already started. “Just stay in the crowd Tricia,” Cera advised. “Hope I’m not late..” Tricia nodded and walked to the other really little sharpteeth.

Turn’s out, the Gang’s team had made it into the finals. Ruby, Chomper, Littlefoot, and Spike managed to hold their own against their first couple of opponents. A big swimming sharptooth (image Elsie from 5) named Watra was serving as another judge along with Sharptooth. After some negotiation, Sharptooth allowed Cera to join as a late entry.  “Great to see you Cera,” said Littlefoot. “Great to be here,” Cera replied. The team that the Gang’s team was taking on in the finals consisted of 3 belly draggers and 2 of Petrie’s siblings,  Glider and Dacty.  “I don’t care who wins,” sighed Petrie, who had been carried their by Tera and Pterano.  He liked his friends and siblings equally, so it didn’t matter to him.

“On the count of 3, start,” called Watra to the players. “3….2…..1…..GO!” Sharptooth dropped the pine cone into the center of the playing field.  The game had begun, and both teams were ready. Meanwhile, Tricia and the rest of the crowd was cheering on whatever team they were rooting for.  But Tricia’s eyes soon caught sight of a stinging buzzer. It was about double the size of a regular buzzer. Tricia tried to chomp on it, but missed.  It was lying low to the ground, so Tricia tried again. She still missed. Tricia didn’t want it to get away, so she followed it. She had left the crowd, and since everyone was focusing on the game, no one had noticed. Anyways, it was a close game. The score was 5 to 5, and the first one to 6 won. “You can do it friends, you can, you can!” Ducky called, watching from the water.  Cera passed the pine to Spike. Dodging the other belly draggers, he reached the goal. “WE WON!” Chomper, Ruby, Littlefoot, and Cera cheered.

Sharptooth gave the shiny stone prizes to the winning team. “Congratulations Ruby,” Sharptooth smiled. “Thanks Sharptooth,” Ruby replied. “What was that about?” Littlefoot asked surprised. “Oh nothing,” Ruby replied. She and Chomper gave each other a smile. Only they knew.  Suddenly, Cera came running up to them. “I can’t find Tricia,” she said. “Last time I saw her, she was in the crowd, but now sh’e gone!” “Don’t panic Cera,” Littlefoot said calmly, “We can just follow your sister’s trail and we’ll locate her.” “Good idea,” replied Cera. The gang sniffed the air, and Spike started making noise. “I think Spike’s found her trail,” Chomper smiled. The gang went to a point at the other end of the GV.

Tricia had followed the buzzer, and she was now trying to bite at it from a log that was suspended over a part of the waterhole where the waters got very rapid. “Tricia! Careful!”  Cera shrieked. She ran over to the log. “I’m coming!” she called. At this point, the buzzer had flown away, and Tricia carefully made her way off the log. Cera, however, since she was running fast, caused the log to roll over! “AGHH!” Cera yelled.  “Hold on Cera!” called Littlefoot. “Spike, stick out your tail!” he said. Spike nodded. Even at his young age, Spike’s tail was long enough to be dipped into the water enough for Cera to grab it. Being careful to avoid hurting Spike with her claws, Cera was pulled back on to land before being whisked away by the current.  But they had a problem: Tricia was on one side of a gap, while they were on the other.

“Cera, you and me can make this jump,” Ruby strategized.  “Chomper, you, Littlefoot, and Spike stay here and see if she finds her way back to this side.” Chomper and Littlefoot nodded. “Got it,” they both said.  The two fast biters took a few steps back, then dashed towards the water and managed to jump the gap. “See ya guys soon!” Cera called.  Tricia had gotten a little lead on everyone else.  The buzzer, trying to avoid being eaten by the baby fast biter, was trying to reach it’s nest among some trees.  The trees were on a lower plateau than where Tricia, Ruby, and Cera were now.  Ruby and Cera had finnaly caught up. “There she is!” said Cera. “Oh no, she’s gonna fall over the edge,” panicked Ruby. “I’ll save her!” called Cera, and dashed forwards.  Tricia was about only 3 feet from the edge….

“TRICIA STOP!” screamed Cera.  Tricia started to go over the edge… “WAIT!” Cera shrieked again, and jumped to stop her sister. Suddenly, both vanished from Ruby’s sight. “On no,” said Ruby, and quickly ran over. But when she saw what was next, she could only say. “You have to be kidding me..”  Turns out, there was a small muddy path on the side right over the edge that Tricia managed to safely follow all the way down. Cera however, in her panic, over shot it and landed on the ground.  “Uhh….,” she muttered. She was still conscious, but a little bruised up.  Tricia walked over to her. She finally had managed to catch the buzzer. “Sistuh,” she smiled again, chewing on the insect. Tricia had never realized once that she was in danger, probably because she was more careful than her sister. J  

When the current in the waterhole calmed down, Ruby was able to help Cera and Tricia back to the other side.  “She was just chasing a buzzer, who knew?” Cera said, almost finding the situation at this point. “Anways, me and Tricia should get home. Dad and Cira could be back any moment now,” she smiled.   “Night everyone,” the gang said to each other. Chomper decided to walk with Ruby back to Sharptooth’s cave. “Hey Chomper…” Ruby said to him.  “A few nights ago, I felt a weird presence. Like someone was….watching me,”  Chomper looked concerned. “But why would anyone be watching you?” he asked. “Besides thee fact you’re pretty..” Ruby blushed at that comment. “I’m probably just being paranoid,” Ruby said. “Well, goodnight Chomper,” she said, and went back to her cave. “Goodnight Ruby,” Chomper called back, and ran back to his parent’s cave.

Veli and Cira had returned. “What a night,” Cira said. They saw Tricia. She ran over to them happily.  “Oh, I’m happy to see you too Tricia,” Cira said, getting licked by her stepdaughter. “She Cera, babysitting your sister for a night isn’t so terrible, is it? Veli asked. But he saw that Cera had already fallen asleep, and that her body was slightly muddy. “What happened to her?” he asked. Tricia made an “I dunno?” motion with her head and arms.

Sharptooth, meanwhile, was confused about what Ruby had told him earlier. Why would someone be watching Ruby? And the weird part was that…besides the flyers who had arrived last week, all the scents he had sniffed that night were of sharpteeth he knew….

(There’s chapter 16. 17 and 18 will be a two-parter, and you’ll be surprised about what they’ll be about.!)

PS: Dark Fox Tailz has an idea actually about those 2, and

PPS: Read and Review.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here’s the next chapter: hope you like the direction it goes in J

Chapter 17: Turning Over A New Leaf-Eater Part 1

SOMWHERE MILES AWAY FROM THE GREAT VALLEY…

“Oh will you shut up?!” a feathery flattooth flyer yelled. (Hey, alliteration.)  “It’s your fault anyway!” a large grown-up spiketail retorted. “You stupid spiketail,” the flyer complained. “Not this again,” a little spiketail said, walking into the cave where they were arguing. “Mom, dad, do you have to argue everyday?” Greg sighed. “It’s all your father’s fault Greggy,” Dil replied. “As if,” replied Icky.  “So what’s for dinner?” Greg asked, trying to brighten the mood.  “Treestar salad,” Dil replied, she was rather good at gathering green food.  Now at 9 sentences into this chapter, you may or may not be wondering what’s going on. Even if you’ve figured it out based on evidence from the previous chapters, I will now take the time to explain exactly what is gong on here, hope you like it.

When Chomper made his wish on the Stone of Cold Fire and altered reality, the universe had to balance out the sharptooth: flattooth ratio.  So, all the former sharpteeth (minus Chomper, his parents, and Sharptooth) were transformed into leaf-eaters.  Before the sharpteeth moved in, the leafeaters did live in the Great Valley, but the sharpteeth were too strong and they were forced out.  They eventually found a not quite as big but decent-sized valley (like the one the characters found at the end of 5.)  There was enough greenfood for the leaf eater inhabitants to survive.  The dinosaurs were satisfied with the new living conditions, but that wasn’t the case for one of the leading longnecks, Redfoot. (Redclaw.)  He had come up with constant strategies to get revenge on the sharpteeth, but none had been successful.  

“Well, I guess I’ll go play with my friends seeing dinner isn’t ready,” Greg smiled, and ran off. “See you later son,” Icky called. Greg’s actual father/Dil’s mate died when Greg was still an egg, Icky, for a reason no one could figure out, started hanging out with Dil a lot and became Greg’s father in a way. The situation was made even weirder besides the species difference because of their constant bickering.  Still, both the flyer and the belly dragger both cared for Greg, so that’s the one connection they keeps then together all these cold times.

“Myra, Rita, Rory, where are you guys?” Greg asked, looking for his friends. Since he wasn’t able to use his sniffer, finding them would be quite hard. “HERE WE ARE!” the longneck and two threehorns laughed suddenly, jumping on top of him. “Come on guys,” Greg laughed from under the dino pile “Playing Sharptooth Attack again?” he sighed. “You know we like the game,” Rory chuckled in reply.  The 4 friends got off each other. “So what’s the plan guys?” Myra asked.  “I was thinking…” Rita began. “What?” asked Greg.  “I always wanted to see the valley from atop the Great Walls surrounding it, I heard from Strut that it’s an amazing view.” “Cool,” her friends said in reply. “Lead the way Rita,” said Greg. The 4 friends began walking around the leafeater valley, passing Redfoot’s cave eventually.  “Don’t wanna go in there,” Rory said nervously. “Agreed,” everyone said.

Redfoot had his heart in the right place, but he mind wasn’t exactly the most stable. Ever since getting the news that Screech and Thud had been hunted down, he had grown slightly more bitter than usual.  He thought the typical leafeater way of thinking that sharpteeth were nothing but heartless killers, although some had noted that the only leateaters who were hunted down were ones who had wandered out of the Valley, and they all occurred during what Redfoot deduced were the regular hunting hours.  “They’re all gonna pay..” some of his fellow dinosaurs heard him mutter repeatedly.  Redfoot did get along with a lot of the other leafeaters, but they were really concerned about him. They hoped he’d never do anything drastic.

Rory, Rita, Myra, and Greg arrived at the base of Edge Path, which led up to the walls surrounding the valley. “Oh hi Mrs. Clubtail,” Rory called as the elderly clubtail walked down from the path. “Oh hello children,” she smiled, “Be careful when climbing up here. Some of the paths get really bumpy,”  she advised. “OK Mrs. Clubtail,” Rita replied, then the gang and the grownup walked passed each other.  As they were walking up, Myra had a comment. “So what do you guys think of Chomper?” she asked. “I don’t trust him.” “Myra,” Rita replied, “We met Chomper again not too long ago, he didn’t want to hurt us.”  “That just what his sharptooth mind wants you to think.” “Man you’re paranoid Myra,” Rory laughed.  “Come on Rory, you know you can’t trust a sharptooth,” Myra replied. “I’m sure Chomper nice, and maybe he has sharptooth friends who are also nice.” Rita said, almost confidentally.

When the leafeaters were chased out of the Great Valley, the gang of four had found what they thought was a leaf-eater egg, but it was actually Chomper’s.  Even after they found out it was a sharptooth egg, they still cared for it. Rita had just a motherly-instinct in her that she showed around Chomper. Her friends thought this was weird till Chomper’s parents tracked him down and got their son back.  “I just trust him,” Rita concluded to her friends.

Just then, Greg caught sight of something. “Hey…some tree fruits over there.” “Wow!” said Rory, and Ran over to get them. They were suspended on a branch on a wall   “I can’t get them down,” Greg sighed. “Neither can I,” added Rita. “I can,” smiled Rory. “Myra, help me with this.” “Sure, Rory,” Myra smiled. The two threehorns took a second to gather strength, and charged the wall, the impact was just barely enough to knock the tree sweets down. “Alright!” smiled Rita and Greg. “You were a big help Myra,” Rory said. Myra blushed. For a while now, she liked Rory, but to her, as her mother put it, it felt more like she “liked” Rory. She decided to just ignore these feelings for now, but maybe, in the future, there’d be more.

MEANWHILE…..

Two oviraptor brothers were walking around: Ozzy and Strut. (From movie 2.)  Strut looked concerned. “Brother, why does everyone seem uneasy around us?” Strut asked. “Because we’re omnivores you moron,” Ozzy replied. “They think one day you and I are just going to randomly gobble them up.” “Can’t they trust us at all?” said Strut.  “I’ve never eaten meat in my life, and the still don’t even seem to like ME.” Complained Ozzy. “Well…you know that I ate meat before we came here, but why can’t they just accept the fact that I don’t have to have to rely on both,” said Strut.  “Well you know Redfoot and all the other leaders of this gosh forsaken place,” commented Ozzy. “They can never be too careful.” Strut began chewing on a few treestars. “Ya know….despite what they do, I don’t hate sharpteeth,” he commented. “Are you crazy brother?” Ozzy said, upset by that comment.

“It’s just that…I can’t blame anyone for following their instinct.” Strut explained. “Talk like that, and all the longnecks and threehorns would kill you,” replied Ozzy.  “You know everyone here has to hate sharpteeth, it’s an unwritten rule.”  “I know, but…” Strut sighed.

Rita, Myra, Greg, and Rory arrived at the top of the stone walls. “This is amazing,” Rory said. “Yeah, you are…I MEAN, IT IS.” Myra commented and quickly corrected herself. Rory looked oddly at her, but shrugged. “You feel something weird guys…” Greg began to say, when suddenly, they slipped down the side of an angled rock wall! “WHOA!” they all yelled. Luckily, they never fell straight down, so they were fine except for a few bumps. “Oh great, we’re in the Mysterious Beyond now,” Myra complained.   “Don’t worry,” replied Rory. “We’ll get back soon.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

Read and review. Hope ya liked this chapter.

PS: From ideas me and Great Valley Guardian shared in PMs, eventually (I can’t give you an exact point, he would write one chapter featuring his OC, Longtail. I’ll give him credit when he PMs it to me and I post it. Can’t wait to read as much as you do

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(The next chapter, is has some more comedy in it. Hope you like it!)

Chapter 18: Turning Over A New Leaf-Eater Part 2

Icky and Dil were walking around the valley. “Greg! The treestar salad’s ready!” Dil called, but of course, Greg didn’t show up. “That’s weird,” commented Icky, “You just need to mention food and that kid’s here faster than you can say food again.”  “He’s probably just off with his friends. It’s not like he would run away or anything,” said Dil. “And if he ever did, it would’ve been because of you,” the flyer insulted. “Hey!” the spiketail yelled. “At least I’m the same species as the boy, not to mention his mother!” “Huh, but I’m the one who spends time with the boy!” Icky retorted. “Oh who needs you?” Dil yelled. Once again, the odd couple was in the middle of  bickering. Most of the other dinos had gotten used to this. It was like hot and cold to them. They learned it’s better to ignore it.

Back in the Mysterious Beyond, it was about a 10-15 minute walk from where the 4 friends were back into the valley.  “I just hope no sharpteeth come after us,” Myra said nervously. “You know they’re nothing but a bunch of evil, killer, carnivores.”  “What about Chomper, Myra?” Rita sighed. “Maybe not now, but when he gets bigger…” Myra began, “Mmmm…longneck,” she said, imitating Chomper and rubbing her belly.  “Knock it off Myra,” Greg said. “Let’s just get home.”  Meanwhile, one of Chomper’s father’s friends, a rex named Growley was just walking around, enjoying the exercise. A scent got into his sniffer. “Hmm…leafeaters, eh, I’m not hungry,” he said, and kept walking, but still in the direction the 4 were going in.  He was just going to let them pass. But when Myrs, Rita, Greg, and Rory saw Growley, they all shouted “SHARPTOOTH!” and ran off. Since Growley only spoke sharptooth, he had no idea what they were saying. “Man those leafeaters are natural cowards,” he chuckled.

The friends saw an opening into the ground. “Into those caves!” panicked Rita, and everyone nodded and quickly followed.  After taking a few deep breathes, Myra took a peek outside. “It’s still coming this way!” she said nervously.  Growley caught a glimpse of Myra’s eyes and laughed a little.  “Did they really think I wouldn’t be able to see them?” he thought to himself, and walked passed. It was about suppertime in the Great Valley, and he wanted his share of the prey anyway. “I’m not going to waste my appetite on a few small ones,” he commented.  Myra laughed. “See?! That sharptooth was too stupid to be able to find us!” “Be quiet!” Rita shushed.  “We’re not out of the Pine Cone arena yet. (Out of the ballpark.)  “We should see where these tunnels lead,” thought Rory. “Good idea, it might be too risky to head back up there,” added Greg. “So, let’s go!” Rita smiled. “I’ll lead,” said Myra. “No, I’LL lead,” replied Rita.

Back in the leafeater valley, Strut had walked off by himself leaving Ozzy behind, he wanted to have some time to himself.  “What these past couple of weeks have been,” he thought to himself. “Everyone here is either nice or extremely biased. Sure, I can speak both languages, and sure, there have been some mean sharpteeth, but geez, these dinosaurs can get on your nerves sometimes.”  Then, Mrs. Clubtail and Rory’s parents came up to Strut. Have you seen Rory and his friends anywhere?” Rory’s mother asked. “I know they headed up the sides of the walls, but they haven’t showed up since,” Mrs. Clubtail recalled. “Sorry, I haven’t” replied Strut.  “Thanks for everything thoug,” Rory’s father said. After they walked off, Strut sighed. “I just wish I could live in a place where people wouldn’t automatically judge me.” He said to the wind, although he secretly hoped someone heard.

BACK IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND:

Rita, Rory, Myra, and Greg had reached the end of the Underground Caverns. “There’s the surface,” smiled Myra. However, since they were running and Growley was walking, they saw each other again. “RUN!!!!!!” yelled Myra.  Growley chuckled. “I bet if those flatteeth could talk they’d probably be telling each other to be stupid right now,” he laughed at the sight of the longneck, spiketail, and threehorns running from a sharptooth who wasn’t even chasing them. “Simply pathetic…”  he sighed. He looked up, and noticed the Bright Circle was going down. “Better get back or the herds will have eaten all of the food,” he said, and began running.  Greg looked behind them “Now it’s trying to kill us for sure!” he yelled. Rory saw some small gaps on the sides of the rock walls they were walking through. “In there!” he pointed. Myra and Rory got into one, while Rita and Greg got into the other. “That was so brave Rory,” Myra smiled relieved. “Oh, it was nothing,” Rory blushed back.

Rita still looked nervous. “Look, we gotta stop that sharptooth before he can hurt anyone,” she said. “But how?” asked Greg. “Look ahead,” Rita motioned with her neck. A short distance ahead was a big rock atop a cliff. “If we can hit it on the head with that we can kill it,” Rita strategized. “Think we can do that?” asked Rory. “It’s our best chance,” replied Rita. Myra pointed to a small stone path. “If we follow that we can get to the tops of these walls,” she said. Everyone nodded and preceded up the walls, trying to avoid having Growley see them, even though he didn’t care about what they were doing. They were just annoying him, if anything.  The gang got to the top of the wall. “Ok, stay off the bumpy paths, they might collapse,” cautioned Myra.  

Back in the valley, Icky and Dil met up with Julie, Rita’s mom. (In this reality, her parents never got killed like they did in the prologue.)   “This is getting ridiculous,” Julie said. “I’m sure they wouldn’t have been lost if you could’ve just had dinner ready faster,” Icky said to Dil. “Oh, you’re too small to do anything right,” Dil retorted.  “This is even more hopeless,” Julie sighed. No one  could figure out why this flyer and spiketail stayed together after all these cold times.  “You don’t think they ended up in the Mysterious Beyond, do you?” Icky asked. Dil and Julie gasped. “If a sharptooth hurt them I’ll…..” both mothers said in unison.  Say what you will about about Dil and Icky’s relationship, but Dil was as good a mother as Terri, Grandma Sharptooth, Cira, and Mama Flyer, she was devoted.

Myra, Greg, Rory, and Rita had made their way to the boulder. “We gotta just wait for that big, mean sharptooth,” Rita said, “And when I say “now” we push this rock over the edge, and knock him out.” “Got it,” Rory, Greg, and Myra replied. Growley, meanwhile, sniffed the air. “So those little ones won’t give up?” he said. “And I hear they think us sharpteeth are dumb.”  Growley, however, didn’t notice the giant round rock they were near.  “On the count of 3 guys..” Rita began. “1…….2……3…..NOW!” The leaf-eaters put all their strength into moving the boulder. “Come on, come on..” strained Rory. A few more pushes did the trick. The kids succeeded in knocking the rock off the cliff, but thankfully, it didn’t hit Growley on the head. It did however, graze him on the nose. He was furious now.

“WILL YOU DUMB KIDS JUST LEAVE ME  ALONE?!” Growley yelled loudly, which to the gang sounded like a MASSIVE roar.  “IT DIDN”T WORK!” shrieked Myra, “RUN! RUN AND DON”T LOOK BACK!” Rita yelled. After 5 non-stop minutes of running, the gang finnaly arrived back at the leafeater valley.  “Greg!” the spiketail heard his mother call.  He ran up and nuzzled her. Rita, Rory, and Myra did the same thing with their parents. The touching parental love was soon broken when Icky yelled “Where were all of you?!”  After the friends gave their answer, you can probably guess what their parents’ reactions were: No leaving the Valley for a month, no leaving their parents sight for two weeks, and no random snacks, only the 3 basic meals of the day. Rory could see Redfoot walk past. “At least someone’s in a good mood,” he said, noticing the big longneck’s smile.

MEANWHILE, AT THE GREAT VALLEY…

An angry Growley got back to the center of the Valley. “Gosh, what happened to you?” Papa Sharptooth asked him. He was eating a large spiketail with Chomper and Terri. “You won’t believe this Dein,” Growley replied. (As in deinonychus, even though they are t-rexes.)  “Some dumb, not to mention little, leafeaters dropped a rock on my sniffer. I hope it’s not broken or anything.” “You should go see Mr. Belly Dragger,” Chomper smiled. “He helped a lot when Petrie got hurt.” (For the next couple of chapters, Petrie is still in his state of dino-crippledness.)  “I’ll take that advice kid,” Growley smiled. “Here, I’m full, you can have the rest of my share of the prey,” Chomper offered.

Back at the leafeater valley, Mrs. Clubtail walked up to Redfoot. “What are you so happy about?” she asked. “I just figured it out,” Redfoot said. “Figured out what?” Mrs. C asked. “How to get rid of the sharpteeth once and for all.” Redfoot replied.

(There’s 18, read and review. I’m still open to suggestions.)

Next time, on the Land Before Time: Sharptooth Valley: While cleaning his family’s cave with his mother, Chomper is told by Terri the story of how her and Chomper’s father first met.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 19, like I said, reviews are always encouraged. J   )

Chapter 19: Parental Bonding

The Bright Circle was high in the eky, shining bright on the Great Valley. There were also no puffies in the sky that day, so the weather was absolutely perfect for just doing what you would want to do, right?  Well, for most of the sharpteeth, yes, but not for Chomper. His mother had asked him to help out with a big chore in the cave, and Chomper knew declining the question wouldn’t work.  He had nothing against helping his mother, he loved her very much, but like most kids, he’d rather be hanging out with his friends.  Chomper heaved a bored sigh as he was cleaning his family’s cave out of anything that would make it dirty; IE dead insects, leaves, any blood from prey, etc… Chomper even hummed a one-man version of the boredom song from 9.  The job was that boring.

Terri was also cleaning out the cave, because tonight was her and Dein’s 9th anniversary of when they became mates.  “Oh don’t complain Chomper,” she called to her son. “You know this night is important to me and your father.” “I know, I know,” Chomper replied, eating leftover insects and cleaning out any gooey slime they may have left behind. “I just wish I could be playing with my friends now. I can even smell Ruby and the others nearby.”  “Look, how about we do something that can lighten the mood?” Mama S. asked. “Like what?” Chomper asked curious. “How about I tell you a story when we do this? Then the work won’t seem so hard.” “What story?” Chomper asked. Terri suddenly had a problem: at ths point in Chomper’s life, he had pretty much heard all of the normal stories told to young sharpteeth  (Notable examples being The Sharptooth Slasher, the Sharptooth Who Cold Swallow a Longneck Whole, and The Fast Biter Who Ran So Fast He Spun the Earth Around.), and Terri wasn’t exactly good at improve.

Terri finally had a story idea come to her head. It was fitting for the day, anyway. “How about the story of how your father and I first met?” Chomper looked intrigued. In both realities, he never really asked about this. When he was younger, he even used to assume that his parents always lived together since the moment they were both born, but now he knew better than that.  “Sure, that sounds cool,” Chomper smiled.  “Tell me,” he said. Terri started thinking about where to start. There were many things to tell. “Well, about…I’d say 12 cold times ago…”

12 YEARS AGO, IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND….

Times were rough for the sharpteeth back then.  As mentioned before, most of the predator species were on each other’s nerves and their was no cooperation back then. Terri had just come back from a hunt, her sister/Chomper’s aunt Rennie, and her mother/Chomper’s grandma Rexie.  Her father left when Terri was younger. He wasn’t doing it for selfish or evil purposes, but he never said why.  “Good job sis,” Rennie said sarcastically “If you’re a newborn hatchling.”  “Shut it,” Terri replied. “Girls, quit fighting,” Rexie said to her daughters.  “You shouldn’t be fighting each other, you should only be fighting those who bother you.”  Rexie was good at being a mother when it came to the protected and being devoted parts, but her personality could be described as a bit…crazy. She prefers the term “eccentric”, but yea, she was a bit “nutty.”  (10 million theoretical dollars to the first person who can figure out movie that’s referenced there.)

Terri huffed. “Look, I’m getting thirsty, I’m gonna go see if I can find a water hole, sis, you wanna come?” she asked.  “I got nothing better to do,” Rennie replied.  “Just be back before the Bright Circle goes down,” their mother ordered, “Someone would probably pick a fight with you if you were out then.” “Yes mother,” the sisters replied.  Since a sniffer wouldn’t really work on finding water,  it would take a while before Rennie and Terri would have successful results.  After walking for 16 minutes, they caught sight of a waterhole. “Score! Looks like no one else’s here,” Rennie laughed. “I wouldn’t say that,” Terri replied, eyeing another sharptooth getting some water. It was a male, and about their age. “Just ignore him and he’ll ignore us,” Rennie said.  The sharptooth sisters walked down to the waterhole and began drinking, minding their own business just as the male had finished. He seemed to be walking past, when suddenly, Terri tripped on his tail and fell into the waterhole.

THE PRESENT…..(Which is still technically the past to us.)

“You mean dad did that on purpose?” Chomper laughed a little, cleaning off a few blood marks for last night’s dinner. “Chomper, you do notice when I say what I like about your father, I never really say he’s the most polite sharptooth I know.” Mama Sharptooth replied. “Good point,” Chomper chuckled in reply.

THE PAST…..

“What was that for?!” Terri asked angry, her sister laughing a little while helping her out of the water. “You were in my way,” the rex replied. “I wasn’t!” retorted Terri. “Who are you, anyway?!” “I’m Dein,” the sharptooth replied. “You’re going to pat for that!” Terri yelled, and pounced on him. She didn’t intend to kill him or anything, she just wanted him beat up…badly.  Both rexes surprised each other with their strength. “Pretty tough for someone as whiny as you,” Dein laughed. “Not bad for someone as much of a jerk as you,” Terri said, struggling to pin him to the ground. Eventually the fight ended. “Let’s go home already sis,” Rennie said. Terri nodded. Then, Dein took a big sniff of the air. “I now know your scent,” he looked at Terri, “You’ll never be able to get me off your back.’ And it turns out he wasn’t lying.

THE PRESENT…

“I thought I wasn’t going to see him again, but boy was I wrong.” Terri chuckled. “For the next several months, the sharptooh was practically stalking me. Some times, when I went hunting, he would show up out of nowhere and beat me to the leafeaters I was going for, clearly just to spite me.  I remembered his trail, and I could tell he was around even when I didn’t see him.  Also, sometimes when I went to get a drink, he would show up with a friend of his or two and jump in the waterhole, completely soaking me.  But it was weird: the entire time these things were happening, I never really hated him. And soon, that fateful cold time came…”

THE PAST…..

Terri was hurrying back to her mother and sister through the heavy snow. “I should’ve listened to Rennie, it’s a dumb idea to try to hunt in this weather.” What Terri failed to notice was that a mound of snow was covering a hole in the ground, big enough for a sharptooth to fall through.  After a few more steps…”AGH!” Terri yelled as she fell through the hole and landed in a small cave on her bottom. “Ouch!” she said. She looked back at the hole above. Her height was a little over halfway between the ground and the hole to exit. “This is bad,” she thought. Suddenly, she heard a voice. “Hey? What happ…AGH!” Dein said as he fell in. “This is worse,” Terri mentally sighed.  “Surprised to see you down here,” Dein laughed. “Just admit it, you’ve been following me all this time!” Terri yelled. “Maybe I have,” Dein replied, in a teasing way. “Why?” Terri asked. “I dunno...maybe to see your reaction, maybe I find you strong and cute.” Terri’s eyes widened at that comment.

“He likes me?!” Terri thought. “No way!”  “Look, that doesn’t matter right now, what matters is getting out of this cave.” Terri nodded in response. “I have an idea,” Dein said. “What?” Terri asked. “I hope your strong, so I could stand on your shoulders, climb out, then help you out of here.” Terri wasn’t sure it would work, but she didn’t have any other method planned. “I’ll try,” Terri said. “You sure this won’t hurt you?” Dein asked. “I once carried a dead grownup longneck on my beack, I can handle an overweight sharptooth.” “Hey!” Dein laughed.

THE PRESENT….

“And that is why I don’t have the ability to shrug anymore,” Terri explained to Chomper.

THE PAST…

After a little straining, Dein managed to get back into the Mysterious Beyond and pulled Terri up. “Uh…thanks,” the young adult female rex said. “Don’t mention it,” Dein replied, and began to walk off, when Terri said out of nowhere. “I think you’re cute and strong too.”

THE PRESENT….

Chomper was almost finished with the cleaning just as Terri was finishing the story “So, in conclusion, your father formally introduced himself to grandma and your Aunt son,” Terri smiled, “And soon after, we became mates. And then you came along.” Chomper smiled. “I never would’ve guessed that’s how you guys met,” he said. Chomper wondered if this was the same case in the previous reality, since he deduced his wish didn’t affect sharpteeth who were related to him. He also saw that the cave was completely spotless by dinosaur standards. Teri grinned. “See? Work just flies by when you’re enjoying yourself,” she said. Chomper nodded in agreement. “You can go play with your friends now,” she smiled. “Thanks mom,” chomper said, and began to run off. When he was only a few steps out of the cave, he was jumped on by omeone. When he opened his eyes, it was Ruby! “Oh hey Chomper,” Ruby grinned. “We were missing you,” she laughed. “Don’t worry, I’m here now,” Chomper said, still a little surprised by her introduction.

“I’m glad,” responded Ruby, and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. “Let’s go,” she smiled. Terri watched from the cave as Dein returned with their anniversary dinner. “They grow up so fast..” she smiled

(You know, the drill, read and review. Hope ya liked the little ChomperxRuby moment, I wanted another one.)

Next time on TLBT: Sharptooth Valley: We meet the sharptooth versions of Shorty, Bron, Ali, and even Littlefoot’s mom (shock), homper has a little adventure with Rory, and more of Redfoot’s plan begins to come to light…

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, a teeny bit of plot development at the end..)

Chapter 20: Chomper and Rory’s Unexcellent  Adventure

“I’m gonna beat you!” Chomper called to Littlefoot, the two tyrannosaurs were having a little race. “Don’t count your hatchlings before they hatch Chomper,” Littlefoot chuckled back.  They both saw the makeshift finish line a short distance ahead.  The two charged, then jumped for the ending. After rolling around, they both shared a laugh. “Who won?” Chomper asked with a dizzy smile. “I don’t know….maybe one of the multiples of you Chomper,” Littlefoot replied, his vision briefly messed off. Next to Ruby, Chomper liked hanging with Littlefoot the most.  In the previous reality, Littlefoot and Chomper were pretty much brothers who weren’t related, as they always were there to support each other. In this reality, due to both being rexes now, some people who didn’t know them kept assuming they were. Chomper noticed Littlefoot kept looking around. “What are you looking for Littlefoot?” he asked. “Well, actually…” Littlefoot began to reply, when suddenly, he said, “There they are!”

3 more sharpteeth came walking up. Two grownups and one Littlefoot-aged kid. “Dad! Mom! Shorty! Great to see ya!” Littlefoot called. Chomper smiled. “Oh good, his family visited again,” he thought. “But wait..” Chomper looked at Littlefoot. “But didn’t your mom…” “Huh?” said Littlefoot. “Never mind,” replied Chomper. (Author’s explanation. In this reality, Littlefoot’s mom never died. The reason Bron (Wh will be called Tyran), Shorty, and Littlefoot’s mom (who will be called Saura), don’t live in the valley is because they preferred to travel, but Littlefoot didn’t want his grandparents to be lonely, so he voluntarily stayed in the GV.)    “Great to see you’ve been doing well son,” Tyran smiled.  “Same here,” replied Littlefoot. “How you been Shorty?” the sharptoot asked. “Just fine,” replied Shorty. In this reality, Shorty was still a bit of a braggart, and his attitude still had its problems.  Saura gave a smile. “Tell him Shorty..” she said. “Mom…” Shorty replied in nervous embarrassment. “Seems Shorty likes a sharptooth he met on our travels.”  Littlefoot laughed, but only lightly.  “It’s not embarrassing Shorty,” he said.  “There’s a girl…I kinda like…too,” Littlefoot explained. “What’s her name?” “I’ll tell you if you tell me,” Shorty replied.

Littlefoot sighed. “Ok, her name is..” the brothers said at the same time. “Ali.”  Suddnely, both sharpteeth’s eyes widened. “Did you just say…” Littlefoot began. “You know her?” Shorty replied.  “But I…” Littlefoot gasped. Chomper laughed a little, he knew what was happening.  “I’ll see you around,” Chomper called, walking off. “Take care Chomper,” Tyran said.  Chomper grew to like Littlefoot’s brother and father in the past reality, even though his experience with Shorty was a little uneasy. (see the episode, “The Big Longneck Test.”)  Chomper wondered what to do next. He remembered that Ruby, Cera, Spike, and Ducky were busy in another part of the Great Valley trying to find medicinal plants that Mr. Belly Dragger mentioned would help heal Guido and Petrie faster. “What to do…” he sighed. He felt like taking a nice, calm, walk. “A quick stroll around the Mysterious Beyond wouldn’t hurt,” Chomper thought, walking towards the valley’s exit.  He waved the belly dragger herd, who was doing the hunting that day.
The part of the Mysterious Beyond just outside the GV was unusually peaceful, maybe because leafeaters never dared to walk this close to the predators.  It was a perfect place to go for peace and quiet.  Chomper just smiled as he walked around. “Oh dang, I feel it again,” he mentally complained. There was something stuck between his teeth since breakfast, and he just couldn’t get it out.  It was really annoying him.  As he kept moving, he sniffed the air. “Hmm…a threehorn..” he commented.  He took another sniff and realized, “No way,” he laughed in flattooth.  He folled the trail where he eventually caught up to a familiar face. “Rory!” he smiled. “Huh, AGH! A SHARPTOOTH!” the threehorn screamed, but then he saw Chomper’s face. “Phew, oh Chomper, it’s just you,” he said in great relief.

“What are you doing here Rory?” Chomper asked curious. “I thought you would know it’s dangerous for you to get this close to the Great Valley.” “I know,” Rory nodded. “But Redfoot asked me to do a favor.” “Redfoot?” Chomper asked. “Yeah, this big longneck with a scar from his left eye to the bottom of his left foot.” “I would’ve guessed,” Chomper whispered in reply.   “Anyways, I’m surprised I was let out of the valley, my parents grounded me a few days ago.” Rory explained. “But Redfoot came to me with a favor: He wanted me to find something: this weird, rare, black flower.” Chomper thought about it. “It’s probably just a rare food for you leafeaters that he thinks is very good,” Chomper said. He hadn’t seen Redclaw/foot since he made his wish, so he didn’t know what his personality was like.  “So, Redfoot told me the directions, and here I am now,” the threehorn concluded.

Chomper smiled at his friend. “I got plenty of spare time, I’ll help you find them,” the sharptooth grinned. “You’d do that for me? Thanks,” replied Rory. “Hey, what are sharpt…I mean friends for?” Chomper said.  They gave a nod to each other. “Well, let’s go,” Rory said.

(At this point, Chomper and Rory would sing Adventuring, but you probably don’t want to hear that song any more times then you already have in the TV series.)

Chomper was still fiddling with the bit of food stuck in his teeth. “Darn it,” he muttered. “What is it Chomper?” Rory asked. “Oh, just something that got stuck between my teeth at breakfast,” Chomper explained.  Rory looked creeped out by that comment. “Don’t tell me…you ate…” he said, aware of what the answer would be. “Yeah,” Chomper replied with a monotone sigh.  “You know that….” “I know Chomper,” replied Rory. “When me, Greg, Rita, and Myra saw you again a while ago, we all thought you were a completely good sharptooth who never ate meat and didn’t hang out with other sharpteeth for a brief moment, but your friend, whatever you call him, soon showed up and proved us wrong, I guess.”  The friends kept talking while they walked. “Not every sharptooth is mean Rory,” Chomper explained. “It’s just…instinct. Sort of like how all of your kind only eats green food.”  

“Not all sharpteeth are mean, most of the ones in the Valley are pretty cool, it’s just that, well…”  “I know, I know,” Rory replied. “But despite our dietary differences, we can still get along, right Chomper?” Rory commented. Chomper smiled, and remembering his own words from a long time ago “You are what you are, and I am what I am. We can’t change that, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.”  “That’s right,” Rory replied.  The two were able to concentrate on the adventure again. “How close are we to those plants Rory?” Chomper asked. “If I remember Redfoot’s instructions clearly, not too far now,” the threehorn responded.  The two kept going, doing the occasional bit of small talk, until they came up to a raging river. “Oh great, the plants are on the other side of this,” Rory complained. Chomper looked down the river, and saw some logs rolling downstream.  “I got an idea,” he grinned.

“Don’t tell me…” Rory gulped. In both realities, Rory had a fear of fast-moving water.  “If we time it right, we can just jump onto the logs, and make it across, I mean the river’s not that wide,” Chomper explained.  Rory clearly had a look suggestion “I don’t wanna do this,” but he knew he had to complete his take.  “Just follow my lead,” Chomper said. Chomper waited a few seconds, jumped to one of the logs, caught his balance, then made it to the other side.   “Come on, you can do it,” the sharptooth encouraged. Rory looked at the water for a few moments, then nodded  “OK.”  Rory took a few steps back, and then the threehorn made a charge towards the gap and jumped onto the log. He made it onto the log, however, since he was a 4-legged dino, he was unable to retain his balance when it rolled forward!  “Help!” Rory called to Chomper. Chomper panicked, he had to do something.

“Hang on! I’ll find something!” Chomper called to his friend. Chomper looked around the immediate area. “Come on, come on,” he thought. Suddenly he saw a tree right by the river with several vines hanging off it. “Score.” Chomper said, ripping one of the vines off.  “GRAB ON!”  Since threehorns didn’t have hands, Rory had to grab it by placing his two front feet together. “Got it!” he gasped, briefly going under the water and coming back up. Chomper summoned all of his sharptooth strength to pull his friend up. As he got closer and closer to saving the day, he noticed that the vine was starting to break. “Just a few more seconds…” he thought nervously. Rory’s front feet managed to touch the ground again. “I gotcha,” Chomper sighed, lifting him out of the water completely. They deep many deep relieved breaths. “Thanks Chomper,” Rory panted. “Don’t mention it,” replied Chomper.  “Now let’s go find those plants,” he smiled.

They eventually found the field with the black flowers. “How many do you need?” Chomper asked. “Well, Redfoot said about 10 would be necessary,” Rory replied. “Ok,” Chomper smiled, and went to grab some. “Just wait a second,” Rory advised. “Redfoot instructed me to make sure to not ingest any of them,” he said. “Don’t think I would eat these” Chomper laughed, picking up the plants.  He gave Rory the plants. “Thanks buddy, I know the way back from here,” Rory smiled. “See you around!” Chomper called.  Chomper jumped across another log and ran back to the Great Valley, getting some insects as a little snack.  He went to see how Littlefoot was doing with the whole Shorty issue.  “Oh hello Chomper,” Ducky called from the waterhole. “Hi Ducky,” Chomper replied.

Meanwhile, Rory had made it back to the leafeater valley. “Finally, I thought this job be never done,” he huffed in accomplishment.  Rory’s father came by. He knew that Rory was asked to do a favor, so he temporarily allowed him to be un-grounded for the day. “But you know what happens when you’re all done with this,” he reminded his son, even though Rory didn’t need the reminder.  “I know dad,” Rory replied, walking over to Redfoot’s cave.  When he got there, the big longneck was waiting. “Here’s those flowers you wanted sir,” said  Rory, who was carrying them on his back. “Thank, you may go now,” Redfoot replied. “Sure, whatever,” Rory said, and walked off. As he was leaving, Redfoot looked down at the plants and smiled.

“All according to plan….all according to plan…”

(Hope ya liked it. R and R please. )

Next on TLBT: Sharptooth Valley: A two-parter dealing with ChomperxRuby, Littlefoot(or Shorty)xAli, and maybe another pairing or two.

:smile