The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 287138

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good work Zaniusu. Run whatever you found on our systems. See if Chong left any notes or was picked up on camera unawares" Stripetail said." My next one to rescue is Rainbow . She's been prisoner longer than nearly anyone in our group. There's others to rescue as well . Sly for instance . For now take a break, you've earned it. Sasha contacted me and said she has put out a warrant for Voxs arrest across 115 galaxies and 178000 planets . There's not a place within 100 septillion miles that recognizes Polaris that will harbor him. Which of course narrows things down to places that DON'T recognize Polaris. "
Angela and Ratchet were patrolling an area around the next planet Stripetail would be sent to.
Sly was , like Kovu and Skylands Spyro before him, tied to a chair and gagged Mertavius had grabbed him by surprise, and while Sly had tried to defend himself, Mertavius had simply magically changed Slys cane into a toy noodle, like something kids play with at water parks. Mertavius had blasted him unconscious then thrashed him severely with magic once he had regained consciousness. Every part of Sly ached, being tied up and gagged was almost an act of mercy on Mertavius ' part. Sly had had to be rescued a few times before, most notably from the Contessa 's castle, but this was likely the most danger he had ever been in.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Are we closing in?" Jing asked Tigress as their plan flew around more temples. "I don't know how much longer Po and my father can hold on."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Should be 15-30 minutes. We're getting close " Tigeress said as they headed north a large ruined temple sat on a hill, vines curled all over it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For the millions of you on Mawashi, do all of you bow to the king during this hour?” Kovu smiled

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not all, of course ." Vushu said " There are some who simply can't bow physically , others who serve in diplomatic roles that require standing at all times. And then there's some who simply refuse to bow for whatever reason. The bowing is completely voluntary " Vushu said." Ozai doesn't want to force his subjects to do anything that they don't want to."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He’s a very good king then” Kovu smiled, “no wonder his subjects adore him. You got any Ozai books I could read?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's a few non religious ones that I have, let me go get them " Vushu said as she got up. Kopa and Kiara came in bearing gifts for Kovu " Kopa set a set of keys on the table, then a book of dance moves on top of it." Here you go, Kovu " Kopa began as the nurse came in." Everyone out! I have to run tests on my patient! Go get lunch or something!" The Fongoid nurse said making shooing motions, " Go on! Go on!"
Eris and Elida led the group out of the room and began walking towards Winterville
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thanks guys, see you soon," Kovu smiled as he was presented with the gifts and books, including the one from Vushu. He blew kisses to Kiara and Sima as the nurse began running the tests. "What's first?" he asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Magical tests to see if the Dark One did any permanent damage. Then physical tests, breathing and reflex tests " the nurse replied. She pulled out a magic staff and began waving it over Kovu. " Hmm so far so good . I imagine that the wizard healed you when he rescued you."
We've been working on a calendar for Kovu " Sima said as they walked towards the Winterville cafe." something to perk him up."" You mean, making a fortune on perfumes, gladiators sales and catching the eye of every girl from here to Bogon isn't enough ?" Vitani smirked " Most guys would kill for any one of those things let alone all 3."
He deserves it " Kiara replied " He's been through a lot of things lately."  Kiara you'd wrap him up like a mummy if he sprained his claw " Vitani cracked." Besides he's getting paid vacation equal to the time he was captured. " Still, I want him to recover quickly and get back to being with me. The four of us have dinner scheduled tomorrow at Mawashii Potato Pancakes. " The grilled pancakes place? I hear it's really good " Vitani said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"He did," Kovu affirmed, "Stripetail helped me a lot. Hopefully I'll be making progress to recovery soon enough." He smiled as he looked at the gifts his family and friends provided for him.

"Besides," Kiara chuckled, "Kovu and I are very affectionate with each other. Sometimes I wonder if one of you is jealous your relationship isn't like that," she added in light teasing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's love and then there's making out for the kingdom tabloids like Hyena Hijinks or Warthog waterhole Watch" Vitani replied. " I'm not jealous of you Kiara, you're my sister-in-law. We're family.  I'm.. more restrained in my affections with your brother. Doesn't mean I don't scream his name while he's ' on the kingly prowl' You've heard that  plenty of times, just as I've heard' take me Kovu!" at least 200 times.  How you two don't have 10 cubs already is beyond me." Vitani started to laugh. " I got something for my brother that I want your opinion on" Vitani pulled out a painting of the scenery on Hoolefar Island.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
“That’s very lovely, Kovu likes fine arts” Kiara affirmed.  "Where did you buy it from?"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 08:38:16 PM by brekclub85 »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I picked it up on Hoolefar. Was planning on giving it to him as a birthday present, but then he got grabbed by Vox and his thugs."Vitani said " Don't say that I don't do anything for my little brother." She said as they reached the restaurant " Let's get a table and get some grub." So who's paying?" Li' Ella said. " I'll pay for it." Kopa said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Do you guys want portion sizes normal on your world, or on our world?" Sima smirked, her and Vushu's bellies rumbling in unison.

"I'll admit, it sounds almost exciting," Arlene confessed, "The thought of Oliver growing up to be an eater of worlds."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Exciting, for anyone who isn't on the menu " Panty laughed " Which is maybe 2 percent  of mortals, the other 98 percent is fair game . He is strictly forbidden from trying to eat immortals, who would survive getting eaten anyway.Take it from someone who tried to eat a fellow immortal 600000 years ago, that old goat still lectures me on it 600 millennia later. Before you ask , no it wasn't Stripetail. " Panty said. " Stripetail has almost never gotten involved in my affairs, his interests and mine are too different. He believes that immortals should watch over and protect mortal kind, and he's done that as long as I've known him. Don't tell him this, but he does a damn good job of it. Me, my goals are far less lofty and magic consuming. I just like to eat." Panty said.
-
We'll start with Earth sized portions " Kopa replied. " Mawashii sized could feed the entire kingdom for weeks or months.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Arlene gave Panty a playful pat on the belly. "Believe me, I'm well aware of that, and I'm happy to help provide you with food. You've done a great job helping me with Oliver."

"Sure thing, start on your scale, work your way up," Sima nodded.

"I could go for some iced tea to drink on the side," Kiara commented.

Kovu looked relieved as he could tell the nurse was seeing positive results from the tests he was being given. He was still on the road to recovery, but he was recovering.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You'll probably be free to go tomorrow afternoon " the nurse said after reading the results of the tests. " the medical wing has a small food court, go grab a sandwich if you want. Just don't leave the area."
-
You've been interesting to hang around Arlene " Panty said , patting her head fur. If you could do me a favor I am expecting a food delivery from Sara and Korin two of the dragonesses that are in Winterville. Last I saw them they were on flight patrol near the shrine to Ozai the Mountains God, on the east side of town.

I could do with some bird seed cakes " Eris said " Mawashii burger for me" Laval said " they use 66 different kinds of meat "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's what I'm talking about," Sima grinned, "Someone who knows how good and filling our planet's food is."

"You want me to pick up your order?" Arlene smiled, "Where should I bring it to you at?" She was always happy to provide Panty with meals.

Kovu sighed in relief as he heard that news. "I promise I'll keep to the area," he assured the nurse. As he headed to the food court he began dialing Kiara to tell everyone the good news.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just go to the plaza in town, I will be sitting on a bench there. Panty said.
-
Skylands Cynder was going over her notes of Haunted Island History when a orange  dragoness entered " Excuse me? I'm looking for a wizard named Talestrap, or something?" Stripetail. He's busy on a another planet ". Skylands said " You looking for work or something?" Yeah.  Me and Ruskin  are looking for jobs to send gold back to Wrenly well he is " What's your name?" Skylands asked. Cinder" came the reply" My name is also Cynder, but with a y instead of an I . Everyone calls me Skylands though, because that's where I am from. There's another Cynder as well, we call her Warfang to differentiate ourselves. Perhaps we could call you Cinder from Wrenly? Skylands said " Man, and I thought my name was unique " Cinder said as she took a seat  Ruskin is probably looking for food to eat, he's a red dragon who is always hungry.Hes literally a pampered pet of the prince, he's lived a very sheltered life."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:32:16 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm looking at the radar, we should be almost there," Jing said to Tigress. "Does it look like any enemy forces are nearby?" The Panda King's daughter had armed herself with some fireworks in case of the need for combat.

"Good news Kiara, everyone," Kovu said over the phone. "The nurse said after another day or so I should be allowed to go out of the medical wing. I'm at the hospital food court right now. At least they have some decent options here."

"Got any presents for Oliver, before I go pick up your food?" Arlene asked Panty.