The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blu-Ray Release Date: Oct. 13

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
This grabbed my attention when I first saw it! It looks like the original Land Before Time movie might be getting a Blu-Ray release on October 13. I can't find the actual press release, but apparently the Blu-Ray forum says there is one that Universal issued.

http://www.amazon.com/Land-Before-Time-Blu...=blurayforum-20

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=264836

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's great news actually, been looking forward to a BluRay release for a while now! :) hope it's true!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I'm really surprised LBT never got released on Blu Ray sooner. Well better late than never at least. I have it on DVD so I probably won't pick it up on Blu Ray unless my DVD copy somehow stops working.

If this is indeed true, I wonder if the sequels will get Blu Ray releases. I'd say it's probably unlikely but hey, you never know.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hope there are certain pieces of extra content on it that make it worth buying.  Otherwise, I might skip this one, despite the fan that I am. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess we have to wait till release to see if it has any extras and what they are.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great news! :) I personally do not own a Blu-Ray-Player and neither do I plan on getting one anytime soon but still I'm excited for who knows what "extra contend" they might put into the release? *cough* deleted scenes *cough* :p As unlikely as it is, that's still a possibility, right? Also we might get a trailer for LBT 14, who knows...
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just hope they make this one good and don't just upscale and edit the dvd version (they did this for the bluray version of American Tail, but one can hope).

Upscaled dvd versions usually don't really make for a better quality - digitally recreated ones by using the original negative film roll would. We will have to see if there will be an actual effort made to get out a proper blu ray release.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh! Yay!! Excited if this is official! :smile
8 years with TGOF :yum

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Woo! It's great to hear this news and it's also about time too.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I was just about to share the news :)
Life Is Good

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If this is true, this coincides with the blu-ray release of Jurassic World! I will definitely be getting both!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
If there is any extra content on the Blu-Ray release, I'll definitely consider getting it. I do wonder if the recent storyboards that were released of the some of the deleted scenes would have anything to do with this (probably not, but one can dream). It is about time the Land Before Time got a Blu-Ray release. I guess it might also have to do with the reboot of the LBT series. It appears that it will arrive just before LBT 14 does - assuming that releases in the holiday season - so it could possibly have a trailer for it on there. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This definitely looks confirmed.  :)  My suspicion is its not going to have anything extra or any real restoration.  Take a look at what we've gotten from other Bluth films.  Plus the blu-ray.com thread says "no extras".

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Cover looks as if it mimics the last dvd release.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Cool! Shame it has no extras, though. Would've loved to see them. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Still it is interesting.  I wonder how better the resolution will be.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like how the Bluray actually states
"The Original Movie"

to clarify that it's NOT the sequels.  :p

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 8 2015 on  12:54 AM
I like how the Bluray actually states
"The Original Movie"

to clarify that it's NOT the sequels.  :p
Whoa, thanks for making me notice! Yeah, that's funny. :lol