The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 1 Re-release

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

Just a generic question. Has anywhere else recently received a digitally remastered version of LBT 1 on DVD? I checked out some stores the other day and I saw LBT re-released. I was wondering if anyone else has had a recent re-release of the original? It's highly unlikely that the UK would get something like this before the States, unless it's an internal promotion set up by Universal here in the UK.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have a DvD of the original land before time movie. Kind of disturbing (but of course good for me) it was a free bonus that came along with the Australian DvD of LBT 11.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I know there was an "Anniversary Release" not too long ago, but that was a big joke because they didn't do anything different than the first release without a special name.  No reason to buy a newer copy of the first film if they won't add any new content to it.  -_-

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Anndie McAffee wrote in one mail:

Charlie said we record about 8 more minutes of dialogue (per movie) than they actually use. They extra scenes are kept in storage and he has been trying to convince Universal to put them onto a future DVD but so far they have no plans to do so.

-anndi
I don't know if the last statements were meant to refer to the original movie as well or only to the sequels, but either way I find it comforting to know that apparently Charles Grosvenor didn't just forget about the scenes.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Well, I dont think this LBT release was anything special coz it wasnt for an anniversary or anything. Just wondering if anyone else had got a LBT 1 re-release or whether it was an internal promotion within the UK

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The only re-release I've seen up here is the 15th anniversary edition release.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, they have the original on DVD, but as for any re-releases, no.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf