The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Was Ducky too impatient with Spike?

Lain_EX · 13 · 1235

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In LBT VIII: The Big Freeze, was the reason of Ducky being mad at Spike of being way too impatient with him, just because he didn't let her sleep very well?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think that Ducky was slightly annoyed at little things that Spike was doing, and that Cera amplified these feelings and got Ducky to over-express them. I really don't think it has anything to do with impatience.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Including, though I don't remember the exact line, that she had to hold onto her anger even if she started to feel better.

Though not likely just Cera or Ducky's fault, shared perhaps the exact percentage of who is more at fault then the other may be best left up to personal preference.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
ducky's not the angry sort.  I blame Cera mainly for the emotional overkill.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 22 2007 on  08:05 PM
ducky's not the angry sort.  I blame Cera mainly for the emotional overkill.
I don't blame Cera. As I stated in another topic, all she did was tell Ducky to express her emotions, how she was feeling. She never told Ducky to continue making Spike feel bad and chase him away. Ducky was the one who misinterpreted what Cera said and took it too far.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Ducky had a number of reasons to be annoyed about Spike and I suppose the accumulation of many things, no single one of which could have made Ducky hit the roof, did the trick.
There was the sleeping issue, Spike's eating Ducky's treestar, Spike's being presented as the "good student" while she was blamed for disturbances Spike had caused. Though I doubt we can apply human standards of behavior to the dinosaurs Ducky's looks also suggest that Ducky was somewhat disturbed by Spike's burping and his "sabotaging" a game by eating the fruit that was used as a ball.
In most of the cases Spike's failures can be attributed to clumsiness rather than bad intentions, but he too is not bare of any malicious joy (chuckling when Ducky was admonished in his place). Many small annoyances can in the long run be more annoying than a big one.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
You've got all of those bad feelings, and then you add a catalyst like Cera's "encouragement" and you've got the recepie for "hitting the roof."

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 22 2007 on  07:26 PM
Ducky had a number of reasons to be annoyed about Spike and I suppose the accumulation of many things, no single one of which could have made Ducky hit the roof, did the trick.
There was the sleeping issue, Spike's eating Ducky's treestar, Spike's being presented as the "good student" while she was blamed for disturbances Spike had caused. Though I doubt we can apply human standards of behavior to the dinosaurs Ducky's looks also suggest that Ducky was somewhat disturbed by Spike's burping and his "sabotaging" a game by eating the fruit that was used as a ball.
In most of the cases Spike's failures can be attributed to clumsiness rather than bad intentions, but he too is not bare of any malicious joy (chuckling when Ducky was admonished in his place). Many small annoyances can in the long run be more annoying than a big one.
allow me to try and be a voice of reason here... you're missing the one that could EASILY offend someone...

Someone you've known for years... (a brother in this case) a friend... who meets someone for no less than a week or two I'd estimate... and then they can't decide who they'd rather be with? they actually are having trouble deciding between a long-time friend and someone they don't know NEAR as well? That'd offend me quite strongly I'd imagine...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I was referring only to the annoyance Ducky showed BEFORE Spike's leaving. The annoyance which may have contributed to Spike's decision after which (excepting her first outburst) Ducky was mostly sad rather than angry.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I meant when she does outburst... the fact that she may feel like she's not all that important if he can't decide who to be with...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Likely it did upset her that Spike seemed unable to decide between her, his sister, and going with Tippy.  Though things are seldom simple.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Though not likely just Cera or Ducky's fault, shared perhaps the exact percentage of who is more at fault then the other may be best left up to personal preference.

Movie 8 seems to clearly resolve that it was not Cera's fault and that Ducky took her advice too far. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of it, and Cera was blameless. Despite this some apparently consider her the villian, going as far to qualify "The mad song" as a "villian song"?!---

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=7585

Really, that was one of the funnest songs and I like it; I don't like that people are making it into something worse then it is when that issue was actually resolved in the film. But I guess I can't change the minds of anyone who thinks so.

Other fans will say it's Ducky's fault, but really I don't want to blame her entirely either. Really, it's the weather that put the spiketails in the position of leaving. I don't entirely blame Ducky and I certainly don't blame Cera.
I'm cool with discussing this, I even have a poll about Cera in LBT 8!

As for the questio of this topic, Ducky was not too impatient, really it was one of the few times in the series she actually showed true rational irritance, which is part of what made 8 a winner---well, a flawed winner, if you know what I mean. It definitely wasn't up to the standards of the earlier sequels.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, I thik Ducky had reason to be angry at Spike. I mean, she ate his treestars and got credit in class when he shouldn't, if I recall,  and in the end he gets away with it scot-free.  :huh:

His burping in this film was really disgusting; I mean, it's not as crude as fart jokes, but managed to avoid it for 4 whole films! Why suddenly put it in?   :huh: