The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask FBS' Pets

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Spazz: Anything I can possibly think of!! Chaos ensues!! In fact, here's my schedule!!

-Go into a dead sleep for most of the day.
-Wake up and rush around the cage to the point of it being very noisy!!
-Once the humans can't take the noise anymore and so much as crack open that cage door, I'm off like a rocket!! If one could read my mind, it'd be like this:
"Ooooo, what this? What's that? Omg, is that edible? Nope, but I'll try to eat it anyway!! Aww, my humans took it away....I am sad.....Oh! What's that? Oooooo, an item that is not mine and possibly very valuable to my humans, I'll take it for my stash where I'll make sure they'll never see it in one piece again!! Lookie, a door!! Hey I can squeeze under it!! Squeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeee!!! Oh noes, the human's daddy! Awww, I'm in trouble, he scruffed me. I wonder what he's mad about.....Oh Well! Freedom!! Ooooo, rubber!!! Awww, they took that too....SOAP!!! Must eat....Awww, stop pulling me away from the good stuff! I'm sad again, Oh! What's this?!"
-And so on and so forth, all the while, running and bouncing like a maniac, never stopping, slamming into the wall a few times, but always ready to cause mischief!! OMG, what's that!? *sticks her nose in whatever it is she found*

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow. *muttering to self* I hope you never discover caffeine… :p

(Some of those things remind me of our cat, Sasquatch, who's quite the spazz himselfóthough not nearly as nuts as that ferret. :p)

Shoogy and Gliga: What kind of enclosure are you kept in and what do you think of it? Do you have enough room to do any gliding, or do you have to be taken out for that?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Spazz: What's caffeine? Is it edible?!

Spazz on caffeine......wow, all hell just broke loose....

Sasquatch sounds like fun!! What kind of kitty is he? And yes, ferrets are insane, I can't think of a crazier pet....

Shoogy and Gliga: What kind of enclosure are you kept in and what do you think of it? Do you have enough room to do any gliding, or do you have to be taken out for that?

Shoogy: Our cage is huge! Multi-level and it's tall rather than wide to accomodate our arboreal habits.
Gliga: It does allow us to glide a little but not too much. That's why we enjoy play-time so much!!
Shoogy: But our cage is fun too! There's branches and toys and hammocks and pouches and ropes!! Lotsa climbing and lotsa fun!!
Me: A hastle to clean though.
Gliders:  :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Feb 28 2011 on  03:30 PM
Sasquatch sounds like fun!! What kind of kitty is he?
I'm not sure, exactly. He looks like a tabby, but he's got this long fur that reminds me of a Maine coon or something. Though it has nothing to do with his breed, he's also polydactyl; he has multiple toes: seven on each front paw and six on each back paw (and all but the extra toe on his right hind foot bear claws). My sister (who is technically his “official” owner) has called him by the actual term “spazz” (along with about a thousand other nicknames). :p He's definitely earned the title, given his status as high-speed hallway sprinter, household spelunker, self-appointed cleaner of butter dishes, explorer of bags and boxes both empty and full, toppler of knicknacks, creator of clutter avalanches, scarer of deer, climber of everything, and destroyer of feet. :lol

Have you seen the “Show us your critters!
Show us your critters!” thread yet? I've been posting photos of him there since we first got him as a kitten on August 27, 2009 (though I'm long overdue for another post :oops). Here's
Here's the first post. (The thread also includes photos of my brother's dearly departed leopard gecko, Tory.)

I got an idea for a new question series while asking the sugar glider one. :idea

Buggies: What do you think of your living quarters?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in some other things and kept forgetting about it! :oops

AWWWWW!!! Kitten Sasquatch be sooo cute!! I wants to huggle him now, he be so adorable!! I also like how his siblings have all their cryptozoological names!

Oh!! Answer time!!

Mantids: It's not too big and has perches to chill on. But since we're not bugs that really need to move, we're content.

Tiger beetles: Running space is vital and this is the best our human can give us. So we like it.
Jolt: Speak for yourselves!! It needs to have more room!!
Me: Even if I can give you more room, you'll still be a klutz! :^.^:
Jolt: .......................So?

Assassin Bug: Mine's is the same habitat as the mantids and it could use a bit more features. But at least it's clean and I can climb a lot.

Takeo: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Me: I think he likes it!  :lol:

Antlion: I can dig in it, so I'm happy... Though i do wonder why the sand has to be so many different colors.

Ants: We're good with it. It could be bigger so we can expand a bit more, but we make as much use as we can with what's given to us.
Amazons: We hate this confinement!! It's keeping us from our world domination scheme!!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Mar 14 2011 on  11:44 PM
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in some other things and kept forgetting about it! :oops
No problem. :) I know WAAAAAY too well what that's like. :rolleyes

Budgies and ratties: What scares/annoys you the most?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Budgies: Anything and  everything HUMAN!!!
Me: I remember they flew away from everything you did....

Marble: Food-teasing's annoying!
Caramel: Making us go back in our cages before playtime's over without so much as a playful chase is annoying!
Domino: Forcing me to swim is annoying!! And scary!
Me: Domino's my only ratty that doesn't like swimming, to my sister's happiness <_<

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To those of you who live in cages, terrariums, etc.: Have any of you ever escaped?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Me: Yes, they have!! Mostly my insect prisoners- I mean....pets.... :smile

Buggies: Awwww.....the joys of being arthropods! Our human sometimes forget that most of us can fly!! :lol
Me: :rolleyes:

Spazz: I learned how to break out of my old cage by squeezing through, but then they changed it so it'll be harder for me.... :(

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would any of you bugs care to share your escape stories?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey Domino, how things with you and your Mama, Sparky? ^^

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey fellas! :wave Long time, no questions.

Roll call time! Who's living with Sparky right now? Anyone new? (My fondest regards to those of you who have passed on or moved to new homes.)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Would any of you bugs care to share your escape stories?

Assassin Bug- When that human's sister first tried to play with me, I bit her and she dropped me. Unfortunately, I was caught before I could go far...

Tiger Beetles- *mocks the Assassin* Ha! We always go far in our attempts :nyah !
Blur- One time, when our human picked me up (this was before I marked them, so I'm just winging it on who it was I picked up), and I was so calm she let me chill on her hand instead of holding me like usual. That's when I flew off! :p She was reminded instantly that we could fly!! It took her hours to find me again and even longer to catch me :lol !!

Churro- I don't get why you guys try to run away. :rolleyes: Closest I come to escaping is jumping on my human's head, then onto a plant nearby.

Antlion- Awww, it's physically impossible for me to escape, now I- oooo, an earwig! Mine! Nomnomnom.

Ants- Ooooo! We always find a way out, and now we can begin our conquest for world domination!! Oh crap, the giant pink thing (called a finger) is back!! Bite it, bite it, bite it!! Oh noes, we be back in the antfarm..... <_<

Hey Domino, how things with you and your Mama, Sparky? ^^

It be going good!! Our bond especially got stronger when Caramel and Marble went away :cry . We miss them and for a while, my human and I were the only ones we had. But everything's going well now!! My human got me more friends!!

Hey fellas!  Long time, no questions.

Roll call time! Who's living with Sparky right now? Anyone new? (My fondest regards to those of you who have passed on or moved to new homes.)

Antlion- Right now, I'm the only bug. Hopefully it'll stay that way!! :DD

Knaw and Skeet- *sniffs ya* Who be you?! What's going on?! Do you have any food?!
Domino- I got new friends!! :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Domino, Knaw, and Skeet: Pattern-wise, what do you guys look like? (Your hoomin might have told me before at some point, but I've forgotten. :oops)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:lol  :lol  :lol That's alright!!

Knaw- I'm a simple albino, our hoomin's first albino. I think she loved my eyes!!
Skeet- I'm black with a white belly and white cuffs on my forepaws! *lifts his paws as if to show off :DD *
Domino- I look like Skeet, but I have the white stretch over my muzzle and up my face. I also have a shinier, smoother coat!

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Double post :p

Antlion- Right now, I'm the only bug. Hopefully it'll stay that way!!

All I can say is: HA HA!!

I just wanna share that I recently acquired another antlion!! I found him at work, and decided to bring him home! I'mma name him Apep after my antlion OC. :DD

Current Antlion- How come I don't get a name? *already jealous*
Sparky- You live in multicolored sand that you regularly doodle upon! You don't need a name!! :lol
Antlion- Yes I do! :anger
Sparky- Alright. Seeing as now I have two of you, I guess I can name you Picasso!
Picasso- I'm happy now! :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 9 2012 on  08:53 PM
I just wanna share that I recently acquired another antlion!! I found him at work, and decided to bring him home! I'mma name him Apep after my antlion OC. :DD
That's fantastic! :D

Picasso: How old are you at this point, if you don't mind me asking? :p Or, if you prefer, how long have you been living with Sparky?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Picasso- My exact age isn't really easy to determine as my hoomin never had me as an egg. However, the hoomin she got me from stated that he tries to sell the youngest ones, so yeah! :D I've been with my hoomin since September 6...ish..., 2010, so she considers that my birthday!

NOTICE: Picasso the Antlion now has his own DeviantArt account! Check it out here: http://picassotheantlion.deviantart.com/

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 10 2012 on  06:57 PM
Picasso- My exact age isn't really easy to determine as my hoomin never had me as an egg. However, the hoomin she got me from stated that he tries to sell the youngest ones, so yeah! :D I've been with my hoomin since September 6...ish..., 2010, so she considers that my birthday!
Well then, happy belated second birthday! :birthday :birthday :smile

NOTICE: Picasso the Antlion now has his own DeviantArt account! Check it out here: http://picassotheantlion.deviantart.com/
That is awesome! :wow Lucky you! There can't be many other invertebrates with their own page on that site. :lol

(I never finished my earlier series of asking for each of your pets' differing perspectives on the same question. Would you mind if I continued?)

Terror, Monster, and Morphius: What scares/annoys you the most?