The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How can I recover a recycled account

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 My father has an e-mail account in Yahoo that was not active enough for their liking (it receives e-mails from work), but now they say the account was recycled. I tried to check on Google and people talk a lot but say nothing; and Yahoo Help Center requieres me to send info I can no longer access in order to send an e-mail for help.

I wish I can understand why Companies making sudden changes like this one, when there is no need for, like Microsoft forcing Skype on us.

Do any of you have any idea how can I fix this recycled account thing? Please?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkBYirOZ30

It seems that if your father lost his Yahoo account due to inactivity, it's gone forever. He will not be able to get it back.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And thank you for the reply. It is a real shame because that account was not as innactive as it may seem, but it looks like companies like Yahoo! wants their members to stay connected at least once everyday  :confused  :rolleyes .

I have not seen you in ages DarkHououmon, I guess you no longer connect to messenger programs, but I am glad you are still around here in GoF.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I used to use my old sbcglobal.net account periodically, until one day I log in and its gone. I go through all these hoops and I keep getting told that it was deleted due to inactivity, which baffled me because it'd only been like a month since I last used it. Finally, I find out that my father's Yahoo account was setup as the primary email, and mine was apparently a child address to his, and when his got deleted due to inactivity it dragged mine to hell with it. Needless to say I was pretty peeved; I had a bunch of passwords and stuff on there.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Apr 20 2014 on  04:04 PM
Hello:
 And thank you for the reply. It is a real shame because that account was not as innactive as it may seem, but it looks like companies like Yahoo! wants their members to stay connected at least once everyday  :confused  :rolleyes .

I have not seen you in ages DarkHououmon, I guess you no longer connect to messenger programs, but I am glad you are still around here in GoF.
I don't always connect to Yahoo that often. I believe you have to connect at least once a month or once every two months or something.

I have been, but Skype is really messed up since the merger. Almost no one seens me online anymore, if any. Maybe one person and that's it. And if someone else seems me online, it's maybe once in a blue moon. And then sometimes messages don't get sent.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
@LettuceBacon&Tomato: I am sorry to hear that happened. Is there a way you can ask the company to recover that account? or that child-account linked to it? I don't think there is much to lose with ask. But I can understand how you feel.

@DarkHououmon: Well, you may remember a previous topic by me saying about how skype is so faulty, funny how every update doesn't seem to fix anything but only add new bugs.

Still, in their forums, someone posted an installer of a previous version of Skype (Skype version 6.7.60.102), I unistalled and nuked the new version, installed that older one and unclicked the automatic update feature. It is working far more stable now.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if that installer will work for me, as I'm using Linux now, not Windows.

AIM is more stable for me and so far is the only messenger I use that hasn't bugged out on me. Yahoo sometimes bugs out but not often. Skype, ever since I merged it and MSN, has been problematic.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To my knowledge, this problem of Skype has been fixed by one of the updates... At least I have not experienced any issues for a fair while now  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.