The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Facebook Account Locked

Nahla · 18 · 3647

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok so I had this Facebook account for longtime and now it coming up with this.

Your account has been locked because we need to verify your information. Please complete the following steps within 14 days to regain access to your account. Please keep in mind that you won’t be able to log into your account without completing these steps.

I entered my full name,e-mail,birth date and it all says incorrect?

Help me,I spent money on Facebook apps now it locking me out of even using any of them,seeing my own personal photos etc...

Please help save Nahla's butt here and explain it to her xD.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
do you know your password? how long have you had the account
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep,know my password.

I was on this morning and chatted to a few people,logged off and went to go on now to  check on something it it's all locked.

It saying it wants my ID or something

It wants one of the following off me.

Driver's license
Passport
Birth certificate
High school ID card
Notarized statement confirming date of birth
Any government-issued ID

And I doubt it from me being under-aged,as I had this for nearly 2 years and I'm 17 and I believe the age requirement is 13?.

I don't have a drivers license nor a passport,never got a High school ID card,though I have completed year 11 (no idea why we never got one..oh well)

And I don't really want to give facebook a copy of all my ID anyway.

Someone told me my Birthday might be wrong I might of changed it by mistake or something,so I got a friend to go check it-my Birthday is 100% correct. I do have my mobile connected to it,but I see no choice of validating by a mobile.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My mom had this issue as well. Reason being she had multiple accounts under the same name for those facebook games. You have to verify one and the others will be closed, since you are technically only allowed to have one facebook ID. Just give them a scan of your ID and they will return it to you. What could happen anyway? I think the least harmful one is the highschool ID card.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
True that,not all that worried now anyway. I'll just download the apps to my phone and get a friend to get and send me the photos I want to recover.

Got most of my facebook contacts as Skype contacts.

Life goes on and such :3.

Least I don't have to read walls of 'share this or die' stuff anymore,thats a good thing.

Think I'll just leave the account,not that I could get it back anyway. I have none of what they want and I have no idea where a copy of my birth certificate could be,if it's around it's in a book thats in boxes...

Oh well,not like it's gonna kill me or anything. Just posted this really cause I was confused wondering what I did wrong within a 2 hour period to get locked.

Thanks guys.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This sounds like it could be a phishing scam.  Don't give them any of your personal information.  Facebook has no legitimate reason to ask for any of those forms of ID.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My account just got locked too... Don't ask me why... They say somebody tried to log in from an unknown place or something like that... Well, I'll try to recover it... been having this issue two years ago and I somehow managed to restore it... I'll let you know whether it worked... tomorrow

EDIT: Okay, apparently I only needed to change my PW... annoying but I can live with it :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Funny that around the time I saw this thread, I saw the notorious Pathlight tried to send me a friend request on FB :rolleyes:.  Anyone else get one from him?

BTW, I did not accept it.  Seeing how he spammed the heck out of the GOF, imagine what he'd do to a FB page :blink:  :crazy.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He tried to friend me before. I think it's a bit creepy that he can find everyone.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, he found me too :rolleyes I didn't accept him FOR AN OBVIOUS REASON grr :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I got one from him..but not quite sureI got random requests from people who share no interests with me nor have any mutual friends.

If Pathlight did send me a request...

I'm kinda concerned how he found out my full real name,since only a few members here got that info...

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Path Light was able to find a Chomper Google Plus page I made.  Maybe he's attracted to LBT fans.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why would you reach out to someone LAT who has such well-documented issues? nothing good can come of it, from my experience with him.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't reach out to him, per se.  He found me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,May 8 2014 on  07:11 PM
I'm kinda concerned how he found out my full real name,since only a few members here got that info...
Perhaps he found the GOF members page?  There's no saying...

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: F-14 Ace,May 2 2014 on  11:16 AM
This sounds like it could be a phishing scam.  Don't give them any of your personal information.  Facebook has no legitimate reason to ask for any of those forms of ID.
I wouldn't be so sure, my artist friend had the exact same issue (he posted under his long-used alias in FB) and they locked his account saying that he can't do that -as if this doesn't happen everyday-. They asked him for that info, but he refused to give any.

So, it is actually a FB policy.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't use my real name on FB, unless I'm addressing someone or something important. I'm Caesar La Rock (which isn't my real name) on FB.

You can't be too careful will all of these crazy looney tunes running around on FB. I've seen so many of them and you would be shocked how much trouble some go through to get to others.

FB is also a place where people do show their true colors as I've been finding out for the last couple of years.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know someone on FB who doesn't use their real name, but it's because they have a shady history and don't want people they've pissed off to find them on there.  This person is definitely not a friend of mine.  They admitted to the reason for their FB name when I used to work with them.  Not only do you have to be careful online, but you also have to watch your back outside the cyber world.