The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 50278

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll write my next post this weekend but before I do I'd like to raise a question.

I've been talking to LeventeII recently since he's released his first story and I've been wondering if a roleplay might be the best way to practise his writing. He seemed interested to try roleplaying so I'd like to ask if any of you would mind having an unexperienced writer like him join us (and perhaps help a little and give advice whenever it's due)? This roleplay is perfect since he has to play an original character which is a great way to learn working with characters and develop them etc.
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I have nothing against Levente joining us on this roleplay. I agree that it could give him the much needed experience to improve in creative writing and I am willing to give tips if needed. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Yes, I'm totally okay with Levente joining. It'd be great to have another member participate.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I think that's fine! I found I've been able to greatly improve my writing through RPing! As long as he understands the rules and etiquette of RPs, I don't think his level of writing skill will be a problem.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Also, I have a lot of writing experience, so I too could give him tips or pointers as needed.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Bump

would like to see this roleplay back to life.

I think it would be better if the same rules as for Changing species roleplay apply to this big roleplay as well.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bump

would like to see this roleplay back to life.

I think it would be better if the same rules as for Changing species roleplay apply to this big roleplay as well.

I asked this same question months ago and didn't get a reply. I'm waiting for others in my group to do their post before I can get started on mine.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would have no objections to that plan.  It might be good to get a head count as to who else would be fine with such a rule change (if you are gone for one week then have some one to take over for you) and to also decide what should happen next.  I know that we will have to find a replacement for Ducky due to him indicating that he would not be returning to RPs after his three month exam-studying period.

@DarkWolf91 @Sovereign @Sneak @Anagnos  (and who else am I missing?)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there anyone who wants to take over the role of Ducky's character? If not, I might be willing, but I wanted to extend the offer to others first.

Edit: Also, my character has not yet been added to the list on page 1, it seems.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:24:04 PM by StardustSoldier »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is there anyone who wants to take over the role of Ducky's character? If not, I might be willing, but I wanted to extend the offer to others first.

Edit: Also, my character has not yet been added to the list on page 1, it seems.

It has, the list is on page 5

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I just had a look at page 5 and I don't see the list.

Oh, sorry, I was thinking of the other RP.  I will add you to the list.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My character in this RP is a yellowbelly named Sheeba. Do you need me to write up a character backstory?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My character in this RP is a yellowbelly named Sheeba. Do you need me to write up a character backstory?

Yes, that would be appreciated. That way I can add it to the list of character descriptions.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've sort of quit role-playing so idk. If everyone else is still in I might reconsider my decision but knowing myself I'm probably just going to be overwhelmed with things as soon as I get a job. Between my own stories and a RP, if I don't have time I'll rather neglect the RP than my stories so idk
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be fine getting this roleplay back on track, but that's easier said than done. I have absolutely zero interest to continue any RP's right now and it will probably stay that way for a while. I don't think I'm alone in this regard, as the activity for this roleplay has dropped considerably. Maybe we can revive this roleplay one day, but for now, I'd rather just focus my energy on something else.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hate to say it, but I have a similar stance to Anagnos and Ducky right now. I still think the roleplays are a really cool idea... but over these past few months I personally just lost my enthusiasm for roleplaying. I'm spread out kinda thin as it is and I have other projects that I'd rather focus on right now.

That said, if someone else wishes to take over for my OC, you have my full blessing. Just send me a PM on the forum or on Discord to let me know. :)