The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Farenheit 9/11

Petrie · 8 · 2792

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have not watched this yet, but my nice burrow mate gave me a copy of this too.  I know die-hard conservatives say its inaccurate (naturally) but anyone else who can give a decent review of what they thought of it, what did you think?  I'll probably watch it by Friday, and then give my own opinion on it. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You'll have to ask someone else, I've never seen it.
 Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I can guarantee this will be going to the Midnight board if things get fired up enough.

No, the film was inaccurate and Michael Moore is a liar. Its been too long for me to make a long-winded review of it, but I can tell you now that it was propaganda.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
but I can tell you now that it was propaganda.
No doubt about that. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a propaganda movie, and it isn't meant to be anything else. However, propaganda is used from the government as well. Michael Moore was critiziced for showing only peaceful pictures of pre-war Iraq in Fahrenheit 9/11, causing the false impression of it being a happy little country, and not a dictatorship with an oppressed population. However, Moore wrote in response that everybody knew about Saddam's cruelty already (which again is something US propaganda never failed to point out).
Moore does make "guesses" about Bush's thoughts and of course these are no flattering guesses. However, you won't find any wrong fact in the movie that can be checked out, otherwise they would've skinned Moore alive. I did not like everything about that movie, but some of the facts he brought up are sure worth to be taken into mind.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I was so furious with Moore by the end, that part of the reason I voted for Bush was just to spite him.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It was one thing I was worried about upon watching Fahrenheit 9/11, that some people who watched it would be driven into voting for Bush just because the movie may have appeared too much like mere propaganda.
However, Mr. Bush's policy, in domestic as in foreign affairs surely didn't make the world or America much safer a place to live.
As for the main topic. I do prefer Mr. Moore's books from his movies. I'm not saying that he does not make mistakes and certainly fails to address certain groups of people, but basically I do agree with a great deal of stuff he has written so far.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Dunno. Haven't seen it...probably will eventually and I'll think nothing of it. I admit I thought there was an air of propaganda about and I think that's what put me off about going to see it in the cinema...

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
bump
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?