The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do you play a musical instrument?

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Although I replied in another thread like this...

Yeppers! I play percussion in the high school band. I'm probably the best player there, and I'm a freshman! Well, actually, there was a guy who was better than all of us (he's one of my best buddies too!), but due to certain graduation requirements, he had to depart from the band recently, and so I've taken over as the best percussion player!

As you could tell, I also play some wicked, self-taught drums.

I can occasionally play keyboards, and I'm trying to be better at them!

I'm also learning to play guitar (both acoustic and electric), although I'd probably be better at bass!

I was also one of those people who played recorder in fourth grade, and I still have that and another recorder.

Some others too, but I'll stop here before I ramble.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It's interesting that most of the respondents of this little poll DO in fact play an instrument.  Take that poll anywhere else and I guarantee the results will be reversed.  Maybe it has to do with the kind of person you are.  I guess most of us have more refined tastes when compared to the rest of the world.  After all, we all like LBT even though society tells us it's not "normal."  I guess we're all mature enough to tell the world to stick that "normal" where the sun don't shine. :p

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can play recorder - few Celtic songs for choir, mostly :)
I used to play piano - started when i was five, stopped when I was thirteen or so
I actively play violin - started when I was six. I played in ensembles and orchestras, and I even filled in once for a chamber group for a funeral... I can sight-read pretty quickly.
I also sing - used to be in two choirs, I now sing with my church. I am also familiar with the types of singing known as Singing Out Loud to the Radio, and Singing In the Shower, and Singing Full Blast In the Car With Windows Rolled Down :3
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 13 2012 on  06:45 PM
It's interesting that most of the respondents of this little poll DO in fact play an instrument.  Take that poll anywhere else and I guarantee the results will be reversed.  Maybe it has to do with the kind of person you are.  I guess most of us have more refined tastes when compared to the rest of the world.  After all, we all like LBT even though society tells us it's not "normal."  I guess we're all mature enough to tell the world to stick that "normal" where the sun don't shine. :p

Well, I wouldn't call us "unnormal" ... but yes, it's really interesting that a lot of members can play some instruments and/or sing :) Good point! :nyah

Anyway I play the piano( this one, which only works with electricity :) ) I guess I'm good, but I don't play very much so I could be even better :p
I too sing in our school choir( originally because it gives me a better grade in musics :p( this halfyear I got a 15 points grade, which would be smth. like the American A+ = the best grade existing :DD) but I have a lot of fun singing there ;))
I'd like to play the drums, but I haven't enought space for a drumming set and this would kill my parents nerves, anyway :DD.  I really have the talent to do this...
Inactive, probably forever.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Um....does airguitar or singing under the shower counts? :lol

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

The piano. I started taking lessons in around May 2002 (when I was really starting to get into watching LBT). I recently held a concert at my house. It went well.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't play any musical instruments. No real need to learn that skill.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Might as well post an update.

Currently I play keyboards, drums, percussion, guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, harmonica, recorder, melodica, and alto saxophone, the last two of which are the most recent ones I picked up.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I play some piano, and I'm a newbie at guitar and bass. Would love to learn banjo, though  :ChomperImAwesome

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~