The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Really? Now they have fully feathered Raptors? Six movies in? :petriemad Also from now on you should hide any spoilers we may get because I am not repeating Fallen Kingdom again.

Well Dr. Henry Wu said in Jurassic World that the dinos in Jurassic World were not pure, they were designed to look the way people expect. Plus the raptors in JW may be based on Dienonychus DNA which have no feathers.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Really? Now they have fully feathered Raptors? Six movies in? :petriemad Also from now on you should hide any spoilers we may get because I am not repeating Fallen Kingdom again.

Well Dr. Henry Wu said in Jurassic World that the dinos in Jurassic World were not pure, they were designed to look the way people expect. Plus the raptors in JW may be based on Dienonychus DNA which have no feathers.
Ehhh I guess so.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Ehhh I guess so.

JPIII had close to feathered raptors.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You know what looking at that mini dinosaur closer I don't think it's a raptor. It might be a baby Rex or another small theropod similar to a raptor.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:26:26 AM by LittleDas75 »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also they put Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus together even though they both lived in separate times and on separate continents. Mega fail.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
You know what looking at that mini dinosaur closer I don't think it's a raptor. It might be a baby Rex or another small theropod similar to a raptor.

Perhaps its Troodon or something else.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm going to say it I hate the Giganotosaurus design. It's incredibly ugly looking. I have put up with inaccurate dinosaur designs in the franchise before but this is way too far. They even ripped off the color scheme from the Giga in Dino Crisis 2.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The first five minutes of Jurassic World:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obqfbOUKSFg&vl=en

I have to say it illicited no emotion in me. I really feel this film will suffer because fans did not respond well to the T-Rex rampaging through San Diego in The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

I honestly felt watching this sneak peak, that the Jurassic Franchise should have ended with Jurassic Park III. This franchise feels like what Bilbo Baggins says in The Fellowship of the Ring film, “I feel thin, like too little butter spread over too much bread.”
This 5mins of footage makes me hope this is the end of the Jurassic films.

The only exception, is I love Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. It captured the heart of Jurassic Park.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I have to say it illicited no emotion in me. I really feel this film will suffer because fans did not respond well to the T-Rex rampaging through San Diego in The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

I honestly felt watching this sneak peak, that the Jurassic Franchise should have ended with Jurassic Park III. This franchise feels like what Bilbo Baggins says in The Fellowship of the Ring film, “I feel thin, like too little butter spread over too much bread.”

The only exception, is I love Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. It captured the heart of Jurassic Park.
I am not looking forward to this film either. It looks like it's going to be worse than Fallen Kingdom. Also I am done with defending the inaccuracies in this franchise and oh boy this prologue has a lot like Putting Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus together when they both lived at different places at completely different times. Also I'm sorry but the Giga design is hideous. Why couldn't they have used the Giga from JWE because that design was a lot better.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 03:03:05 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I gotta say, I'd love to see a docuseries that looks like the first three minutes here. I think that looks gorgeous, dinosaur inaccuracies aside.  :smile

Annnd then the humans come in. Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about this one either. Fallen Kingdom was so underwhelming to me and I've got a feeling this one's going to be similar. I've never been a massive fan of JW compared to the JP and it just seems to be slipping further with each film. But who knows, maybe this'll surprise us.

Agreed, Camp Cretaceous is great. I believe Season 4 is coming out in a week and I'm much more excited for that than Dominion.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I am not looking forward to this film either. It looks like it's going to be worse than Fallen Kingdom. Also I am done with defending the inaccuracies in this franchise and oh boy this prologue has a lot like Putting Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus together when they both lived at different places at completely different times. Also I'm sorry but the Giga design is hideous. Why couldn't they have used the Giga from JWE because that design was a lot better.

Yeah it makes sense to have Giga and T-Rex fight in our times because of InGen using D.N.A. From Triassic, Jurassic, and Early and Late Cretaceous Periods. But to have two dinos from two seperate time periods battling in the past? Sigh, Pseudo-Paleontology.

In defense of the designs (not Giga) Dr. Henry Wu does explain in the first Jurassic World he designed them to meet expectations, and that the real dinosaurs would look very different. However, that only works for InGen lab created dinos, not those from the Prehistoric eras.

I gotta say, I'd love to see a docuseries that looks like the first three minutes here. I think that looks gorgeous, dinosaur inaccuracies aside.  :smile

Annnd then the humans come in. Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about this one either. Fallen Kingdom was so underwhelming to me and I've got a feeling this one's going to be similar. I've never been a massive fan of JW compared to the JP and it just seems to be slipping further with each film. But who knows, maybe this'll surprise us.

Agreed, Camp Cretaceous is great. I believe Season 4 is coming out in a week and I'm much more excited for that than Dominion.

I agree, definitely getting Fallen Kingdom vibes. The biggest issue I had with Fallen Kingdom is the tension resides in “save the dinos!” and if we don’t intervene the dinos will re-extinct. Uh Isla Sorna has lots of dinos, and Henry Wu has tons of DNA samples. 

I am the same. I prefer The JP films to the JW ones.

A fellow fan of Camp Cretaceous! We should chat about Season 4 in the Camp Cretaceous thread when it comes out. :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:46:11 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I at least hope that Michael Giacchino's score is better this time and isn't bland and forgettable like it was in Fallen Kingdom.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I at least hope that Michael Giacchino's score is better this time and isn't bland and forgettable like it was in Fallen Kingdom.

The JW theme is pretty good, even iconic, but nost of his other scores are nothing special.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The JW theme is pretty good, even iconic, but nost of his other scores are nothing special.
True but I think he still had a lot of bangers in Jurassic World like Chasing the Dragons and Our Rex is Bigger Than yours and his reprises of the classic themes are good too but yeah their isn't anything special from him. I want John Williams back. Or heck how bout bring Don Davis back. He had some great music in Jurassic Park 3.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

True but I think he still had a lot of bangers in Jurassic World like Chasing the Dragons and Our Rex is Bigger Than yours and his reprises of the classic themes are good too but yeah their isn't anything special from him. I want John Williams back. Or heck how bout bring Don Davis back. He had some great music in Jurassic Park 3.

I actually love Don Davis’ JP III, I actually liked it more than William’s Score, save for the two JP Themes by Williams.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Honestly the Jurassic World films are probably the most underwhelming things I have ever seen. I don't hate them because their bad, which they are, but because their just such a let down.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Honestly the Jurassic World films are probably the most underwhelming things I have ever seen. I don't hate them because their bad, which they are, but because their just such a let down.

I agree wholeheartedly. They illicit no emotion, no attachment from me. While ths JP Trilogy really connected with me.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
While I did like Jurassic World when I first saw it 6 years ago I also felt pretty underwhelmed. I was especially disappointed that the Indominus Rex didn't really do a whole lot. Hasbro's god awful merchandise didn't help either. While I originally liked Fallen Kingdom more when I first saw it I still felt underwhelmed. I have a feeling that Dominion is going to be the most underwhelming one of them all.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Indominus Rex gets some great moments in Camp Cretaceous Season 1. Probably to make up for what you spoke of LittleDas, I-Rex doing hardly anything.