The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Man this shot of Rexy standing in front of the theater looks really bad. These movies have very high budgets and they still can't make 100% photo realistic CG Dinosaurs. This would have been acceptable in the 90's but were in the 2020's. Come on ILM. It is possible that this shot isn't finished yet but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:57:35 PM by LittleDas75 »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
And please don't use the argument that the CGI would be better if there was more animatronics. I really hate that argument. CGI should be able to stand on it's own. You don't need a bunch of practical effects to make it better despite what those CG hating critics on the internet will tell you. But that being said the CGI in the JW films isn't bad or atrocious. It just isn't up to the standards that ILM have set in the past. Do you remember in the JP trilogy how ILM and Stan Winston were always trying to raise the bar for their Dinosaur effects well not in this trilogy. Besides the addition of more animatronics in Fallen Kingdom the effects look the exact same in these films without any attempt to raise the bar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:01:51 AM by LittleDas75 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
It is odd the CGI looks worse in the Jurassic World films than the Jurassic Park films! Very odd.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Is it bad to say that the CG in the Walking with Dinosaurs movie looks a lot better than the CG in these films?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Is it bad to say that the CG in the Walking with Dinosaurs movie looks a lot better than the CG in these films?

Do you think its laziness? That artists and animators no longer put the attention to detail in anymore? Or is it money based, the movie companies want to save money by not spending more on detailed designs and blending with real world environments? Or is there another factor?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Do you think its laziness? That artists and animators no longer put the attention to detail in anymore? Or is it money based, the movie companies want to save money by not spending more on detailed designs and blending with real world environments? Or is there another factor?
I honestly don't know. It could be a combination of all of those things.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

What I hate is the terror of the Velociraptors, a staple of the franchise, is gone. All that is left is Blue, the heroine dinosaur. Why the writers of JW neglect Site B is beyond me. 

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

What I hate is the terror of the Velociraptors, a staple of the franchise, is gone. All that is left is Blue, the heroine dinosaur. Why the writers of JW neglect Site B is beyond me.
Probably because Site B is where the 2 most hated JP films took place at.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Probably because Site B is where the 2 most hated JP films took place at.

Sorna was mentioned in Fallen Kingdom, which is ironic. The whole Fallen Kingdom premise was “Save The Dinos.” Uh there is an entire other island with dinosaurs.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Just to let you guys know, Universal just released a trailer for the movie, so if you want we can discuss our thoughts after seeing that trailer?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5ELWi-ekk

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll admit this trailer has gotten me a little more excited for the film. It's still probably going to be trash but maybe it will be enjoyable trash.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I'll admit this trailer has gotten me a little more excited for the film. It's still probably going to be trash but maybe it will be enjoyable trash.

Honestly, the OG cast from the original Jurassic Park being in this film just gives me hope this might be a good film. 

But I’ll probably have to wait a few more months before Universal shows what role they have in this movie, since I don’t want to get my hopes high yet.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm hyped. That trailer was pretty awesome and it's gonna be great to see the old and new gangs together. My brother is a pretty big Jurassic fan too, and it comes out just before his birthday, so I guess that's his present sorted.  :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Majorly excited to see Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Satler! The film looks like it has the potential to be the best of the Jurassic World films.

“Bigger, Why do they always have to go bigger?” Lol

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
So we saw a feathered Velociraptor. Do you think that means some natural dinos are breeding?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
So we saw a feathered Velociraptor. Do you think that means some natural dinos are breeding?
Maybe.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Life finds a way.”

The best storyline IMHO is to emphasize that everyone who aurvived Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna are the experts on how to co-exist (survive) with dinos.

I wish everyone made a cameo, including Amanda, Paul, and Eric Kirby from Jurassic Park III.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
“Life finds a way.”

The best storyline IMHO is to emphasize that everyone who aurvived Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna are the experts on how to co-exist (survive) with dinos.

I wish everyone made a cameo, including Amanda, Paul, and Eric Kirby from Jurassic Park III.
Tim, Lex, Kelly, Nick, and Billy.