The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mac or PC?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If your mac has an intel chip, you can run windows.  ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I was always brought up around using PCs and Windows and got to grips with it fairly quickly. However, I never really go into the realms of Macs until I started using them for university projects. From which, I have deduced that Macs seem to be a great deal better as a designing tool in comparison to a PC. The aspects of a Mac for audio/visual designing just seemed to be that bit more intuiative (if that's the word I'm hunting for). PCs I'll use for everyday word processing etc but given the choice, having had my eyes opened to what Macs can do, I'd choose a Mac for designing any day of the week! ;)

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
I choose mac; it's the computer I use. Plus PCs seem to hate me X3

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are some folks who use both os's.  Mac for day to day stuff, and xp for playing pc video games.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ I happen to be one such person who likes both Windows and macOS. I would love to get a top of the line MacBook Pro someday, but with that being just as expensive as it sounds, it’s pretty far out of my budget, which is why I have a PC at the moment.

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
PC, because I've never used Macs before.
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Definitely an Apple person, but grew up on them, they've never had any major issues (I always seem to get operating issues of some kind using a PC), and my Macbook Pro has lasted me... uh... 11 years now... that's quite a long time for a computer! XD Granted it's starting to show signs of fatigue, but definitely a great investment since it's lasted this long!

I use PCs for work, and don't usually have problems with them (but we have like military grade firewalls and such at work that keep nasty crap out), and while I like their price point, I just don't generally like their interface as well (plus GUI is technically Apple's, by way of the guy Jobs hired from Xerox after Xerox's computer totally flopped. XD). But I wouldn't say I dislike PCs, I just prefer Apple.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:15:34 AM by Pterano »

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Well, I’m kinda torn since I primarily use an iPhone for everything now and I’ve never had any problems using a Mac, but I’ve had my Dell PC since I believe 2005 or 2006. It still works, albeit with a host of issues, but it hasn’t kicked the bucket even after 13 years which is honestly amazing. So I don’t know, I guess I just like both :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never really used a mac. Always grew up around Windows computers and even today most software I need will not run on Macs. I have to help Mac people out at my work sometimes and am usually at an absolute loss of what to do :D So yeah, Windows PC for me!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I've used a Mac in school before and it's so different from the Windows PC I'm accustomed with. Even today I still prefer Windows out of habit.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I'm a PC guy. I've grown up around PCs since I was a toddler and will never stop using them, lest something crazy happens with future technology.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I am a PC guy as well. That might be because it's what I grew up with and thus it's what I got used to. However, there were a good several years when I was in college and one of the computer labs only had Mac computers, so I got to spend a lot of time with Macs as well. However, even after all those years, I never fully got the hang of it. Like, I'm competent enough with Macs that I can navigate my way around, but the layout and functionality has always felt awkward to me. PC just seems more smooth and natural somehow, imo.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Pc all the way I mean I own both of them but I prefer pc for gaming photoshop and other stuff but for the mac, I usually only use it for university work nothing more

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, now that I remember, I owned a Mac laptop as well (and I still have it in storage). It was a hand-me-down from my brother, as he didn't want it any more. He's a PC guy too.  :Mo

vikingpeggy

• Ruby
    • View Profile
If you prefer Apple's tech, and don't mind accepting that you'll have fewer hardware choices, you're better of getting a Mac. If you'd like more hardware choices, and want a platform that's better for gaming, you should get a PC.

https://www.downloadtexasgisdata.com/downloads/williamson-county-gis/ | https://www.downloadtexasgisdata.com/downloads/leon-county-gis/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:56:24 AM by vikingpeggy »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just never liked the layout and design of Macs, although I realize this is less of a "negative" and more just my personal preference.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:25:40 PM by StardustSoldier »

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I just never liked the layout and design of Macs, although I realize this is less of a "negative" and more just my personal preference.

Big agree on this  :OhYou

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~