The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Emote reorganization

Poll

How should we organize our many emotes?

By creator (Flathead770, Vojeds, Stardisk...)
3 (15.8%)
By character (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky...)
11 (57.9%)
By emotion (happy, sad, laughing...)
5 (26.3%)
Other (please clarify in comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welllllll... it's done! Again thanks to @Stardisk we now have dynamic sorting available. When you create a new post you will see the following new features:
- A scroll bar for emotes. It will no longer fill up the entire screen
- An option to change the way emotes are sorted (default, by character, by emotion, by author)
- A checkbox to put the sorted emotes on separate lines rather than in a cluster.

It took a while, but I believe it has been more than worth it. Please let us know what you think!

Disclaimer: I added the "emotions" a bit arbitrarily. If you think a certain emote would with better in a different "Emotion" section, please let me know (here or through a PM).

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Four things:
- If you activate separated rows mode and then deactivate it, title for first row won't disappear.
- Maybe we should sort by characters and by authors alphabetically. It will be more logical, and you will take less time to find your character/author.
- I think adding some padding between message textbox and settings panel would be good. :)
- I think, separated rows should be deactivated by default. It takes more time to scroll down every time you make new post, or edit your old post.

Everything else id perfect at first glimplse!! :D

Edit: About alphabitical order. I wrote that because I noticed that, for some reason, Cera is first (Because threehorns are the best in everything!  x(cera), though there's Ali, for example. Only now I noticed than a lot of charcters are placed in "Longnecks" category.Hmm, well, maybe it's better for the sake of page space, if separated rows is activated,  but not fair for individual characters' sake! XD
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:30:01 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, this new arrangement of emotes is definitely much better now, especially now that we can scroll through the options, which effectively eliminates the one big complaint I had for a while. Now I can actually be completely okay with fanartists potentially adding new ones, as it will not take up any further screen space (it'll just mean more scrolling, which I don't mind at the current size of the list).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Wonderful, this new system should make things much easier to work with now. Thanks to all the participants in this project. :duckyhappy

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Four things:
- If you activate separated rows mode and then deactivate it, title for first row won't disappear.
- Maybe we should sort by characters and by authors alphabetically. It will be more logical, and you will take less time to find your character/author.
- I think adding some padding between message textbox and settings panel would be good. :)
- I think, separated rows should be deactivated by default. It takes more time to scroll down every time you make new post, or edit your old post.

Everything else id perfect at first glimplse!! :D

Edit: About alphabitical order. I wrote that because I noticed that, for some reason, Cera is first (Because threehorns are the best in everything!  x(cera), though there's Ali, for example. Only now I noticed than a lot of charcters are placed in "Longnecks" category.Hmm, well, maybe it's better for the sake of page space, if separated rows is activated,  but not fair for individual characters' sake! XD

1) You're right, we'll fix this!
2) Yes, I had to group certain characters and emotions together to make sure the separate rows are not taking forever to scroll through. We can of course change certain groupings, but for now I've placed all characters with just 1 emote together with some others. We could add Ali (and Shorty, who received a similar treatment) to the "sidekick" group instead of longnecks, for example.
3) OK.
4) I believe it is deactivated by default.

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
"By Default" sorting doesn't work.  - fixed
Checkbox "Display smileys on separate rows" doesn't save its state - fixed
Remaining the first heading row after uncheking the division checkbox - fixed
Padding required between field and smile sorting panel - instead of that we have moved the sorting panel above the emoticon panel, and added a margin between the emoticon panel and the message field

Also there are new features:
You can hide/show the whole emoticon panel
You can change the height of the emoticon panel by dragging its bottom right corner

:littlefoot
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Yes, thanks a ton. This is great. It is, it is. :yes

I wanted to inquire if this emote, originally from the server, could be added here at all.