The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Animation Errors

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's one from Saurus Rock. Ducky's crest is the wrong color.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
If we're talking about animation errors, Stone of Cold Fire has more animation errors than the rest of the movies combined. I've tried to count them but simply can't, because every time i try i notice a new one. :ShortyDisgusted

It seems like grandpa longneck's snout is colored like grandma's more often than it isn't, Littlefoot is off-model for almost the entire film, during the nighttime scene Pterano's head is not the right color (not sure if it's an error or not but it looks pretty bad so i'm counting it as a bad design decision if nothing else), Ducky is off-model rather frequently (and severely, I might grab some examples when I have time), and some small things here and there that are hard to notice.

I think about this a lot because even though 7 is one of my favorites, it suffers from bad art syndrome pretty severely. I have a theory that the movie was animated by Wang's B team while the A team was gearing up to switch to digital inking and painting for the rest of the movies (Big Freeze onwards). No evidence to back this up of course, but it would explain the shoddy animation and constant errors.
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
There are a lot of animation errors in the films and TV series which I may post at a later date but I'll focus on one sequence in particular here. One of the most glaring things I noticed during the ending sequence of JOTB is that Bron's markings on his snout are wrong... a lot. Honestly I thought the animators got him wrong more than they got him right.  :sducky

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay what is up with Topsy's neck in the bottom picture. It's so long and muscular. It looks incredibly wrong.

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh thank goodness i'm not the only one who noticed that weird coloration nonsense with bron at the end of JOTB. I agree, i think he's miscolored more often than not in that scene. It's super bizarre. Also Das is right with Topp's neck in that last picture. I love the sequels from an art perspective because if you look at any one frame for too long you begin to notice all the errors  :duckyworried

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@Sapphirre98 Tell me about it. Just look on Fandom's List of Animation Error's page and see how many errors I have added for The Wisdom of Friends alone.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:42:24 PM by LittleDas75 »

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Oof, Topp's neck looks completely unhinged :threehornmad

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeeaaaah Topps' neck looks, uh... odd. I noticed throughout JOTB a few characters looked a bit inconsistent throughout, most noticeably the adult characters. Also is it just me or does Littlefoot's neck look unnaturally skinny in the bottom one too?

Anyway, here's a few grandparent miscolourings from X. The grandparents throughout suffer many animation errors like this, probably because they're usually together and look pretty similar.  :longneckBRUH

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Oof, I didn't even notice Littlefoot's neck  :littlefootscared

Yeah, they get switcharoo'd a lot. Side note: I really love how the backgrounds look in X, even with the errors

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Agreed, I love the backgrounds in X too.

One more from me before I pack it in for the night. I dunno if this actually counts as an animation error because I've got a feeling this might just be my copy of VII (I streamed it before I got said copy and didn't notice this). But anyway... nightmare fuel, anyone?  :littlefootscared

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
oh that's,,,  :rhett_ohno

Somebody looked at that frame, said "alright", then handed it to an inker/painter who said "alright" and inked/painted it. What happened here? :duckyscared

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
there's some nightmare fuel...
*shivers*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Agreed, I love the backgrounds in X too.

One more from me before I pack it in for the night. I dunno if this actually counts as an animation error because I've got a feeling this might just be my copy of VII (I streamed it before I got said copy and didn't notice this). But anyway... nightmare fuel, anyone?  :littlefootscared

I’m scared… :sducky

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Therapist: Eyeless Grandma isn't real, she can't hurt you.
Eyeless Grandma:

In all seriousness, I think I just got a glitchy copy of VII. I checked out an online streaming version which looks like what I've attached. Still a minor error there with the eyes but at least they're not missing.  :rhett_ohsnap

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Is the error only for one or two frames or does it persist for a good bit of the shot?

Either way, how, uh, pleasant.  :sducky

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
huh, weird.
Maybe in rebuilt versions of VII they edited some errors like this. Together with stupid edits like changing color of The Stone...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412