The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Animation Errors

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Is the error only for one or two frames or does it persist for a good bit of the shot?

Either way, how, uh, pleasant.  :sducky

It lasts for about a second, so it's pretty easy to spot.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
Maybe in rebuilt versions of VII they edited some errors like this. Together with stupid edits like changing color of The Stone...

Ok so this confused me so i did a little research and,, does anyone have any images or footage of the stone's color edit? I had no idea they did a reprint, let alone edited stuff. My question is, why bother?
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
somerandomfangirl when she says that there’s an eyeless Grandma in the franchise:

(ok, I’ll stop with the memes, I think I went too far)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Maybe in rebuilt versions of VII they edited some errors like this. Together with stupid edits like changing color of The Stone...

Ok so this confused me so i did a little research and,, does anyone have any images or footage of the stone's color edit? I had no idea they did a reprint, let alone edited stuff. My question is, why bother?
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hJwroCIjY&t=206s&ab_channel=TheLandBeforeTime

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hJwroCIjY&t=206s&ab_channel=TheLandBeforeTime

the same with Night Flowers from IV
https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16944
And yeah, we all wondered: why bother?..
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also while the new explosion looks really cool it would have shattered the entire peak probably. Also it should be blue like it was originally. Also also I actually like the new look of the Night Flowers.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 04:21:08 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
somerandomfangirl when she says that there’s an eyeless Grandma in the franchise:

Yeah that sums it up well  :lol

Also I don't get the change with the Stone of Cold Fire crash scene. As Das said, it looked like it should have shattered the peak with an explosion that big, and Littlefoot literally describes it as blue in the next scene. Odd change to say the least.  :thinking

Update: Having just checked out the whole of that YouTube video, eyeless Grandma is present there as well.  :rhett_ohsnap So they made that happen in the updated version. :facepalm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:10:46 AM by somerandomfangirl »

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
Update: Having just checked out the whole of that YouTube video, eyeless Grandma is present there as well.

I noticed that yesterday but had to go to work so i didn't have time to say anything in this thread. If that clip is any indicator, the reprint may have caused more issues than it fixed. :sducky

that's a really weird issue to have though. Like, really REALLY weird. How does an eye go missing?
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I noticed that yesterday but had to go to work so i didn't have time to say anything in this thread. If that clip is any indicator, the reprint may have caused more issues than it fixed. :sducky

that's a really weird issue to have though. Like, really REALLY weird. How does an eye go missing?

Who knows? I don't know if there was some sort of glitch that made the eyes layer (?) turn invisible but how was this not picked up? Mind you, they didn't pick up on the fact that the stone is supposed to be blue. Good going, Universal.  :petrienotamused

Also have a meme about VII's "upgrade":

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Now this isn't a animation error but since were on the topic of changes I wanted to mention this. You know that infamous facial expression Ducky makes in The Big Freeze well in the HD version of the film they changed it to something not as weird. They did a fantastic job too. The change is seamless.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Edit:
yeah, clip from LBT youtube channel indeed has this...
Nice finding!

Do you have link to "HD version" of the whole film?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 06:39:12 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Edit:
yeah, clip from LBT youtube channel indeed has this...
Nice finding!

Do you have link to "HD version" of the whole film?
No I don't. But it is on Starz.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I didn't realise they'd done stuff to the Big Freeze as well. RIP Ducky's meme face, although I can see why that was changed.

So I'm guessing all of the films were re-released in HD then? Interesting...

Back to animation errors, here's a couple of longnecks after some, uh, special treestars.  :PLoofah

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Red eyed Grandma Longneck is one I have known about for a while. How did that even happen?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 10:30:45 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Honestly, how do most of these happen?  :PLoofah

Spotted another error they made in the Stone of Cold Fire update. Grandpa's belly is invisible as he walks into the shot. This wasn't present in the original print, as shown below.

They actually made VII worse with the update.  :SharptoothAmused I'm gonna have to sit down and go through this with a fine-tooth comb now, see if there's any other errors they put in.  :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
wth? O_o

It becomes creepier and creepier...

And look at that background eyeless dinosaur right behind Grandpa's ghostly belly!

Edit:

And i won't forgive them for cutting Ducky's meme face!
Get them!!!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:26:43 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Honestly, how do most of these happen?  :PLoofah

Spotted another error they made in the Stone of Cold Fire update. Grandpa's belly is invisible as he walks into the shot. This wasn't present in the original print, as shown below.

They actually made VII worse with the update.  :SharptoothAmused I'm gonna have to sit down and go through this with a fine-tooth comb now, see if there's any other errors they put in.  :lol
Okay just how?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This shot right here has way too many errors for me to list so just stare at it, if you dare (rhyme unintended), and you will start to spot them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:44:43 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Attack of the clones.  :lol

Annnd here's another Stone of Cold Fire "upgrade". Spike breaks physics now, deal with it. :p