The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RIP Will Ryan

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Will Ryan, who voiced Petrie in the first Land Before Time movie, sadly passed away yesterday.

From the Adventures in Odyssey website:

Today we learned that our dear friend Will Ryan passed away after a short illness. Will acted on the Adventures in Odyssey audio program since 1987. He played more than 150 characters across more than 400 episodes but was most well-known as the lovable genius Eugene Meltsner. Will was 72 years old.

Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Will became involved in many aspects of the entertainment industry in California, especially voice acting where he’s known as Petrie from The Land Before Time, Willie the Giant in Mickey’s Christmas Carol, and Rabbit in several Winnie the Pooh cartoons. Throughout his thirty-five year involvement with Adventures in Odyssey, Will worked with other voice actor friends such as Hal Smith (the original voice of Whit), Walker Edmiston (voice of Tom Riley and Bart Rathbone), Dave Madden (voice of Bernard Walton), and Katie Leigh (who continues to voice Connie Kendall).

He will be greatly missed by us in the LBT community. Thank you, Will, for bringing Petrie and so many other characters to life. Fly high.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
May he rest in peace and his role as the voice of  Petrie live on for the rest of time.

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • He could be any one of us
    • View Profile

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Will. The original Petrie will be sorely missed by all in the Land Before Time community. He helped bring Petrie to life and will forever be remembered for bringing our favorite Flyer up into the skies.  :(petrie
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rest in Peace.  His contributions to the fandom and his other works will be long remembered.  If there is one consolation here, the announcement mentions a short illness, so hopefully he did not suffer long from his cancer.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
 :(petrie Will Ryan, the original voice actor for Petrie, has passed away. He also played the bug on An American Tail who was Warren T’s sidekick. In the words of Ducky, “Poor Petrie”  :duckysad

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry to hear this news. Will Ryan made the original Petrie so kooky and lively and lovable. He didn't spare any energy in his voiceover work, and he will certainly be remembered by me and many others here for that. Aside from Will's work on Petrie, I also appreciate him for lending his voice to the first animated version of Gyro Gearloose, a character whose modern-day counterpart has become one of my favorites.
Rest in peace, Will. :TreeStar