The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Arvens' LBT 11 Review

Petrie · 40 · 6034

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
JP 4? JP 1 rulez, JP2 is quite good, JP 3 is not so good and what will JP 4 be?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maybe if we're lucky there won't be one.  -_-   The only way I *might* like it is if they turn away from the carnivores for once, those raptors especially.  They're getting way too much screentime.

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I am going to watch it for the sake of watching it. I am not actually looking forward to seeing it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not a huge fan of Jurrassic Parc. I really like the JP movies I saw (the original and the third) but don't love either. Nice music, nice effects, stories ok. Nothing that would make me jump with enthusiasm, but nothing that would make me think too bad of the movies either.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Don'y erven bother with the second one. It stinks. The original and #3 and are both excellent, though.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Let's hope so Platvoet. I plan to see it when it comes out.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hello Arvens...

I have looked over Land Before Time 2 and number 11.

The lessons are COMPLETELY different.

The lesson of LBT 2 is... Enjoy your childhood as it lasts
The lesson on LBT 11 is... one little lie can cause big trouble.

Plus LBT 2 the gang don't really know about the break in the wall till the two rexs enter not even knowing that the wall was gone or not takening much notice because of the egg they was carrying.

The adults ask and they take notice of the facts of that night. About Chomper in it they basicly keep quiet and as a serect about him. NEVER telling the adults once.

---

From LBT 11... I think you gone a bit too... well over the top on making the film look bad when it not.

The lie only mainly had Littlefoot to play a part of it. He lies about the little ones being theifs and mean afraid of being told off.

Later he sees all the trouble he caused to them, his friends and the adults. He tells them all the truth before it too late.

His Grandpa then tells him later near the end that he grow bigger the day he stood up and told them he was wrong taking massive Courge to do so...

----

So if I get a warning for this... so be it. I am showing what I have seen and what facts I have seen. I watched over them carefully and came up with that the LESSON wasn't the same to any others.

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I said LBT 11 is similar to LBT 1 (not 2--where did you get 2 from?) because it's a lesson of prejudice (different species, and in LBT 11's case, different species--everyone hates the small creepy crawlies).

I was not extreme because that was how I feel and I saw it as a cheap rip off of the theatrical film.  I have no reason to warn you or anything of that sort.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Still... sounds like you personally attacking it

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
I don’t mean to disappoint you Threehorn, but you’ll have to grow accustomed to the fact that you are writing in a forum where opinions different from the owner’s or the mods’ opinions are not only tolerated but even welcomed. Warnings are given out for offensive or seriously inappropriate posts. Arvens, I or any other mods around here are no “dictators”. Please don’t treat us as such.
However like we accept your opinions I wish that our opinions will also be accepted or contradicted by means of reason (like you did in this thread) too rather than being labeled as personal attacks or being denied any reasonable basis no matter whether reasons were given or not.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly what did Littlefoot lie about?  I haven't seen the movie.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly what did Littlefoot lie about?  I haven't seen the movie.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I think it had to do with the tree sweets and who ate them.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There was a tree in this movie which had very tasty blossoms (called "tree sweets") which grew only once in a long while. When Littlefoot tried to pinch one of them he accidentally shook the whole harvest down from the tree. All the treesweets shaken down from that tree were then eaten by the tinysaurs whom Littlefoot then claimed had taken all the treesweets, loosing no word about the fact that he had shaken the tree sweets from the tree.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I must say, this isn't one of the best films, but I have alot of respect for it as it did help me get back into the series. :)

You know, I hope the writers come up with something for LBT 12 with a Sharptooth battle.  Something that makes them look tough and yet at the same time them a defeat we can all be proud of. :)

Let's hope something happens in LBT 12 that will save the series. :^.^:

Yes, I too disapprove of the idea of tickling Sharpteeth.  Though who's to say Sharpteeth aren't ticklish? :)

Kinda makes you wonder which LBT sequal had the worst Sharptooth fight.  Though I'd say this one does rank somewhere in the top area. -_-

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You know, I hope the writers come up with something for LBT 12 with a Sharptooth battle. Something that makes them look tough and yet at the same time them a defeat we can all be proud of.

That's been one of my major criticisms of where the sequels have gone, not to mention some singing performances as well.  The original hid nothing...yes tyrannosaurs were hungry and had to eat and kill.  They must be starving to death by the sequels because they aren't able to kill or eat anything.  -_-

Hmm...worst sharptooth fight...well they all pretty much go south after the original.  Anything beyond 2 or 3 is pretty much considered lame in my book.  8 probably is the worst alongside 10 and 11.  It's like "no fear" among the prey.  What do prey usually do: hide or run away, try to avoid detection, they don't blantantly fight the predators.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anything beyond 2 or 3 is pretty much considered lame in my book.
Do you mean to include the LBT 9 swimming sharptooth in this? That one was pretty cool in my opinion.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 27 2006 on  11:32 AM
Do you mean to include the LBT 9 swimming sharptooth in this? That one was pretty cool in my opinion.
I must agree with you 100% on that one, Malte.  Hard to say who's more impressive, Sharptooth (From LBT 1) or this swimming sharptooth.  It's just a hard call in the end. :)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just bought this movie a couple of days ago and I really love it. It's not one of the best LBT sequeals but imo it's a really good sequeal.