The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom Hearts (all)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You know the Disney company is in real trouble when a video game, of all things, is what actually reminds people of the good old days when Walt was still in charge and their projects still had that 'Disney charm'. Well, discuss the series that made some of us realize just what trash Eisner had been tossing at us here.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
About Kingdom Hearts?
Well...I love it!  :lol:

Maybe the last good game from Square-Enix with a good story.
*Watches KH2 - Final Mix: Secret Ending* =P

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've always wanted to play Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, but since I never got into Sony's consoles, I never got to play it.

However, I see a saving grace coming.  There is word that the next Kingdom Hearts will have Mario in it.  If this is true, Nintendo will stop at nothing to ensure it comes ONLY to the Wii. :)

Here's hoping. :^.^:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts is easily one of my favourite RPGs ever! I mean, c'mon! The mechanics of Square's infamous RPG Final Fantasy clashed head on with the wonderful world of Disney?! What MORE could you ask for?!  :lol The chemistry is perfect!  :DD Still awaiting news on the possibility of the director's cut version hitting English shelves. KH2 Final Mix + has a few more videos, more boss fights, a new drive form, a couple new keyblades and a complete 3D remake of the GBA game Chain of Memories! At the moment, it's all in Japanese (but with English voice acting) so unless you know your "wasabi" from your "shoshimi", you're gonna get a bit stuck  :unsure: It's available for import but I think it's currently region 4 only (as I've been told) so unless you've got an Asian PS2 or a chipped one, we could all end up bitterly disappointed.  :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I love Kingdom Hearts. I've played and beaten both games, and so has my sister. My brother has yet to beat the first game.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Oh man, I absolutely love the Kingdom Hearts series. I own all of the games including the Final Mix versions of the first and second one. I even collect the manga XD

Oh, and Pokeplayer, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but that rumor of a Kingdom Hearts with Mario was nothing but an April Fools joke. Would've been sweet though.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yeah, I saw that Mario version of Kingdom Hearts. It was made as a joke. It'll never come into existance.

To be honest, I don't think I would have liked that version of Kingdom Hearts anyway. I have nothing against Mario. It's just that I feel Kingdom Hearts shouldn't be changed from what it was meant to be.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah! Kingdom Hearts!

Since I don't have a PS2, I'm just plain happy if I could play the GBA version. When I first saw that game, I was awestruck by seeing Disney chars there. I want to play that game beccause of that (the Disney characters). Wether is the GBA version or not, but I wanna play it.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
By far my favorite series along side the Mario series. The story is just simply incredible, and the game is fun to boot. Ever since its realease back in 2001 I fell in love with it. I first heard about it on T.V, and I was so excited to have a video game where you can play through Disney movies as a completely new different character and have him change the Disney movies around. The funny thing is when I first heard about it I misread the title and thought it was called, "The Kingdom of Hearts." XD All of the games were awesome, albeit I didn't like the battle system for Chain of Memories that well, but the story was still awesome! The new KH game will be announced at the Tokyo Game Show, but it will not be Kingdom Hearts III, but rather a game that chronicles the other characters from the series such as Roxas and the three knights from the ending. I own 1, 2, COM, and the first Final Mix.

Yeah, about the whole deal with Mario in the game, that was an April fools joke for a game called "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts." If that was an actually game I think I'd have a heart attack. XD However, I actually wrote a story that retells the story of KH with Nintendo characters instead of Disney characters. KH will always be the best!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hehe.  Come to think of it, I saw some kid in school today playing the game on his cell phone.  Looked kinda cool. :D

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Sep 12 2007 on  04:51 PM
Hehe.  Come to think of it, I saw some kid in school today playing the game on his cell phone.  Looked kinda cool. :D
You mean the mobile version of Kingdom Hearts? I thought that game was canceled after a couple of chapters that they have done.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, yeah! I forgot about that cell phone one! That one looked decent, but I thought Sora's face looked a little creepy on the title screen. XD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, it definitely is a great series. I also love it because its not turn based (I can't stand turn based RPGs, unless they're tabletop).

My favorite characters would have to be the main trio. The chemistry between Sora, Donald, and Goofy is almost too much!  :lol:  And the scary thing is, you don't know who the sane one is out of that lot, because Sora's been the most loopy of the three at times!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Turned based RPG's are when you take turns in attacking one another in an RPG. First you attack and then you have to wait until your opponent attacks, or in Final Fantasy Games you have to wait until a meter goes up before you can attack.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think it's like in the original PokÈmon RPG games (Red, Blue, etc.), where one player got to make a move, and then the next player made a move.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Precisely. That was always "bleh" to me, because you were standing there taking damage without being able to dodge at will.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great news everyone! Some screen shots of the next Kingdom Hearts games have just been realeased. We'll be getting more info and hopefully a trailer at the Tokyo game show in two days. Here's the link the website that has the pictures: Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

From my perspective of the two pictures, the one with Roxas and Axel seems pretty straightforward (considering that one of the new KH games would also go more in depth about Roxas' time at Org. 13) While the other one is slightly confusing, considering that the only time KH1 Sora and King Mickey met was during the end of the first game...unless maybe Sora did meet the King during KH1, and Square-Enix made no reference to it. Either way, Square sure has a way with playing with our heads when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. XD Anyways, the Tokyo Game Show begins Thursday, so be sure to check out the website for updates fellow Kingdom Hearts fans.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingdomKey23,Sep 18 2007 on  09:35 PM
Great news everyone! Some screen shots of the next Kingdom Hearts games have just been realeased. We'll be getting more info and hopefully a trailer at the Tokyo game show in two days. Here's the link the website that has the pictures: Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

From my perspective of the two pictures, the one with Roxas and Axel seems pretty straightforward (considering that one of the new KH games would also go more in depth about Roxas' time at Org. 13) While the other one is slightly confusing, considering that the only time KH1 Sora and King Mickey met was during the end of the first game...unless maybe Sora did meet the King during KH1, and Square-Enix made no reference to it. Either way, Square sure has a way with playing with our heads when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. XD Anyways, the Tokyo Game Show begins Thursday, so be sure to check out the website for updates fellow Kingdom Hearts fans.
Hahah, I saw that yesterday! I'm psyched about it too!

In fact, there are rumors about a KH coming for the PS3, PSP and DS. These are just rumors though but they do discourage me, I never plan on getting a PS3 unless it gets a huge price drop and some good games and I don't want a PSP. XP
Hopefully the DS KH game rumor is true.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Um, guys, Sony pissed Square off. There are going to be no more PS KH titles. the one's going to the Wii.