The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Megaman (all)

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Talk about Megaman games here! And a very Happy 20th Anniversary to Megaman! :birthday

Personally, I like Megaman X the most. I don't know why.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, the legendary Blue Bomber.  It's sad that the series went downhill after a certian point.

I mean, it did well with Megaman 1, 2 and 3, but 4 comes and Megaman was losing it's touch, it was even getting sold less because it was still on NES and many gamers had moved on to the SNES by then.  5 and 6 also didn't do so well because of gamers having moved on to SNES.

By then, Megaman needed something to save him, and then comes one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, Megaman game of all time, Megaman X.  A Megaman with a new look, tougher bosses, and the coolest power-ups ever!

From there, he just kept going.  I love Megaman.  It's such a cool series and I hope it never dies. :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not much of a Mega Man fan, myself. Once, a school friend let me borrow a set of SNES games from him. The games were "Super Metroid", "F-Zero", "Mega Man X" (or mabey some other SNES Mega Man game; they've made way too many for me to keep count), and something else. Loved Super Metroid, wish I had F-Zero to keep, but Mega Man didn't catch on. Granted, the game play was real good, and it seemed like something I might like if I played it for a few more weeks (I do remember the bosses being ridiculously though). However, I certainly frown upon the direction the seires has taken on now, with all of this "battle network" junk. I might give the older games a chance, though. I like old games, especially SNES-era ones.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Oh man, I LOVE Mega Man! I've enjoyed all of his games and incarnations. Classic Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Zero, all of them! My most favorite would have to be Mega Man X, but Battle Network takes a close seconds.

His latest incarnation, Mega Man Star Force, has a very interesting plot. Having to do with electromagnetic waves, the constellations and a lot of space-related stuff. Pretty interesting. I'm eagerly waiting for Mega Man Star Force 2.

Mega Man Battle Network is also a favorite of mine, although from what I've seen not many people like this series. But hey, for me it's a pretty good series, and at least Capcom gave the series an ending unlike Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X, I'm still waiting for Capcom to make a game that gives closure to those two and bridges them to their next step in the storyline. (Classic -> X -> Zero -> ZX -> Legends)

In my opinion the Mega Man series hasn't gone downhill yet. While there are some bad games in the series (X7, Battle Network 4), I still have yet to see a series of bad ones that can declare the series has gone downhill.

Just for the heck of it, here are my favorite Mega Man games for each gen.

-Mega Man 8
-Mega Man X8
-Mega Man Zero 2
-Mega Man Legends 2
-Mega Man Battle Network 3

Can't choose from Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Star Force yet since their sequels haven't been released yet =P

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can't choose from Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Star Force yet since their sequels haven't been released yet =P
Megaman ZX has been released, at least in North America. Actually the sequal to Megaman ZX is coming out sometime in November i believe.

I love the Megaman X series up to 5. The first Battlenetwork game was pretty cool, never finished it though and probably never will. I've played Megaman ZX as well and enjoyed it. I really want to try out the Zero series but I haven't gotten arouns to it.