The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does LBT make you cry?

Hyp · 141 · 24358

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
My answer is 'no,' but it is still saddening at certain points, all the same.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yeah, it did a lot, but I can get through it without crying pretty much now.  Sometimes though, If I'm feeling sad, the movie makes me even more depressed.  I know I cried at the age of 2 and I also cried this year over it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I cried quite a bit when watching the first LBT when i was younger. I don't cry when watching the movie anymore but i still feel very emotional towards it, if that makes sense.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Certain scenes of the first one I find emotional, though I do not cry.  I've not really cried since I was in my late teens I think.    The sequels do not touch me as emotionally as the first.  Though a few scenes come about half way at most, since I know no one can die, unlike the first one where we did see someone actually die in it.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 28 2007 on  11:54 PM
Certain scenes of the first one I find emotional, though I do not cry.  I've not really cried since I was in my late teens I think.    The sequels do not touch me as emotionally as the first.  Though a few scenes come about half way at most, since I know no one can die, unlike the first one where he did see someone actually die in it.
*sigh* Yeah, I know what you mean....

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I always find this movie both great and sad, but it also have some very fun parts, like when they first encounter Petrie. But this movie is capable of get some tears from anybody.
 This movie is one of the very few that really have a 10/10 from me.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
its a sad movie and i have cryed some a cuppel of times when i first seen the first film  :cry  but now i can watch it with out feeling sad i seen it alot so i know what to expect  :^.^:  but it still makes me and mabie even others wont to cry. At first it did. sometimes i cry and sometimes i dont.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I cry whenever I watch it, and I don't believe it's entirely 'cuz I'm a cancerian.  Littlefoot's mother dying made me cry.  So did the scene where Cera was left alone freezing(quickly remedied by the following scene :^.^:), the scene where she was crying after the others had saved her(it's rare Cera cries, so it's heart-wrenching to see her do that), and the scene where the Gang embrace at the end(tears of happiness at this point).  Call me a sissy, but I admit the original makes the floodgates open everytime.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I ALWAYS cry when Littlefoot's mother dies, and when he thinks his shadow is hers...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, LBT can really make me cry!
"Hold on Together", I can't lisen to this without burst into tears, and I'm not lying.
 :^.^:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Chee, you guys make me think I'm a cold hearted bastard  :unsure:

I've never cried to the Land Before Time. Actually, I've never cried to any movie at all.
It's sad, yes, and I get a bit of depression on listing to some of the songs from the LBT univers, or seeing the movies. But burst into tears lies very far away from me.

Maybe I am becoming a cold hearted bastard :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Maybe I am becoming a cold hearted bastard  :(
Not so Vilstrup. Usually it is not like shedding tears or not shedding them was a kind of decision we make. The absence of tears does not always mean the absence of grief or other emotions. Take a look at this thread.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I cried when Littlefoot's mother died. :cry2

And I love the song "If We Hold On Together" at the end credits.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I like the song too, but I've found even more depressing music. Odd as it might seem, I actually like depressing music. At one point , it actually kept me going on my LBT fanfics.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vilstrup,Apr 15 2008 on  10:16 AM
I like the song too, but I've found even more depressing music. Odd as it might seem, I actually like depressing music. At one point , it actually kept me going on my LBT fanfics.
I don't think the song is really depressing and even other songs that are similar too. I think it's inspirational.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Inspiraring yes, but I'd say that it does have a depressing effect on me.
Might depend on how you hear it, analyse it.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I can't recall having actually cried in years. However, The Land Before Time brings me right to the brink; I can feel tears forming, but they never seem ot come out, for some reason. I think it's easy to give the film too much credit in this respect though, as I'm sure I only come close to crying becasue it's really all I have left of my childhood, aside from a few battered toys.

So did the scene where Cera was left alone freezing(quickly remedied by the following scene ),
That's an interesting point, as I found that I came far closer to crying during that following scene than when Cera was cold. It was much more touching, rather than sad.

I cried when Littlefoot's mother died.
Interestingly enough, I did not come close to cyrnig whilst watching his mother die. I think this supporst my theory of "opening a door to my childhood", rather than the actual film have any "crying merit" (a rather odd phrase.)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I can't remember, was i crying or not. Maybe a little. :)

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vilstrup,Apr 15 2008 on  10:28 AM
Inspiraring yes, but I'd say that it does have a depressing effect on me.
Might depend on how you hear it, analyse it.
I guess that it's because those kinds of songs just touch your heart in a certain way.