The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT: What do you use it for?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
LBT is turning out to be almost as if it is a security blanket for me :) Whenever I think about it, it's usually when I need to think about something else to stop thinking about some of the painful realities of life :p I use it mainly for creativity, for comfort, for all around enjoyment and to try to get in touch with the inner child in me.

So, does anyone here treat LBT like this?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sort of, but for me it is not so much the hugging of LBT plush (though I have them) but dreaming a bit about more LBT stories.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I don't tend to use LBT as a means of security (nor do I really use anything as such) but I do like tend to watch LBT as a wind down at the end of a day after working or something along those lines. So, a de-stresser is more an appropriate tag I'd use (not that I get that stressed about anything :lol)

Despite this fact...can I have an LBT plushie anyway?  :^.^:  :D

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jun 29 2008 on  03:15 AM
I don't tend to use LBT as a means of security (nor do I really use anything as such) but I do like tend to watch LBT as a wind down at the end of a day after working or something along those lines. So, a de-stresser is more an appropriate tag I'd use (not that I get that stressed about anything :lol)

Despite this fact...can I have an LBT plushie anyway?  :^.^:  :D
Yes you can :D *throws a huge Little Foot jumbo plush at you*

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Security blanket.. No.. That's something else.

LBT makes me incredibly happy, that's where I 'use' it for, to cheer me up.. :^.^:

Though, a plsuhy would be veeery nice  :yes  :P:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 29 2008 on  08:15 AM
Security blanket.. No.. That's something else.

LBT makes me incredibly happy, that's where I 'use' it for, to cheer me up.. :^.^:

Though, a plsuhy would be veeery nice  :yes  :P:
Here you go! *throws a jumbo Ducky plush at you* :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
What I use as a security blanket is my dog and my family. <_< I don't think something like a tv show could ever do that for me.  It's a fun thing to watch, but if you mean something to escape reality then sometimes I use it for that but honestly even though I'm not a big gamer how I escape reality for a while is by playing a easygoing game.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes it can be just the thing after a hard day now gimme a plushie!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
XD
*throws a huge Little Foot jumbo plush at you*
Here you go! *throws a jumbo Ducky plush at you* 
*Throws a jumbo Petrie plushie*
Geez, LOL :p
*Wishes he had that many LBT plushies to throw around to everyone!* :lol:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 29 2008 on  10:09 AM
XD
*throws a huge Little Foot jumbo plush at you*
Here you go! *throws a jumbo Ducky plush at you*
*Throws a jumbo Petrie plushie*
Geez, LOL :p
*Wishes he had that many LBT plushies to throw around to everyone!* :lol:
:lol: Naw, I stole those from my imagination...in reality I wouldn't have any jumbo plushies :p

*throws a pile of LBT plushies from my imagination all over you*

On topic: LBT can connect to my inner child and it sure helps me deal with some stressful things in my life :p I also use it to express myself, such as my fanfiction.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Um, my fan fic.....................

I should probably not tell the Universal executives to turn Twilight Valley into a stand alone LBT movie..... a PG-13 rated LBT movie?! I'll get forward smashed to Poland!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i really enjoy The Land Before Time and it makes me feel good watching it. Im sure happy seeing The Land Before Time. I think it is cute and sometimes i feel like huging my Land Before Time dolls. I think it is cute and i love the Land Before Time so i dont find it silly huging something i like. It dose make me feel confitable but i dont always do it everytime something botters me. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Security blanket....  Much like Iris, it's something else.......  She knows what it is, and I know what hers is...  :^.^:  Heh...  But, I do like the plushies, and have hugged mine from time to time...  LBT just isn't my security blanket, though.  Even though it did return my heart to a childlike state! :D  But...  It's...  Something else, yeah.  :^.^:

EDIT: As far as comfort zone is concerned...  I voted sometimes, but really, it has nothing to do with a security blanket for me...  I do love to watch it though... :^.^:  Just isn't my security blanket, and never will be...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest, I first started watching LBT to see if it could be combined with Star Wars in a crosover I was planning. (Yes, I know not all agree with me.) I eventually decided on it based on the the characters, who were both relatvely undeveloped and yet had very unique personalities, (not to mention the sheer number of characters out there made for loads of subplots, and the intricasy of the movies, which helped me see LBT as its own universe and timeline.

I still find the films endearing, especially 1 and 10, but I think the fun truely started when I combined it with another amazing series, which, while much more intricate and mind-boggling, would be even more interesting if the Land Before Time was added in. It allows characters from both sagas to change into more thn what they were, and benefit from each other, as well as face entirely new challeges.

It was never much of a comfort zone thing for me. I just liked the storylines.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT is what enables me to calm down when I'm about to blow a fuse, though that does not work 100% :(.  Along with my faith, it also helps me listen to my conscience and do the right things.  Indeed, LBT is a positive release for me :yes  :^.^:.

Since I have perhaps all the plushies from the 1990s on, does anyone have a five-feet high plushie of Cera?  If so, toss me one but please don't knock me lights out :lol!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jul 11 2008 on  08:49 PM
Since I have perhaps all the plushies from the 1990s on, does anyone have a five-feet high plushie of Cera?  If so, toss me one but please don't knock me lights out :lol!
 :blink:  :blink:  :blink: Huuuuuuhh?  ......... :lol  :lol  :lol
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jul 11 2008 on  08:49 PM
*throws you one I stole from e-bay*

:lol

Spike_of_the_Valley

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yes, I definitely find the movies to be very comforting.  Often, if I've got something big and important the following day (say, an exam or a wargaming tournament), I'll watch some LBT before I go to bed.  It might be a whole movie, or it might just be a few clips, but I find it helps to ease my nerves.  

Of course, it would be so much more effective if I had some LBT plushies, especially one of Spike...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just enjoy watching LBT.  I've not thought about it before but there are certain movies I, and likely others, enjoy in a different way then certain other movies.  Lbt, Mary Poppins, Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang, can be enjoyed in a different way then Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and others like that.