The Gang of Five
Happy New Year, everyone!  Much to the relief of many, 2021 has finally come to a close and 2022 has arrived.  With a new year comes not only hopes for the future, but also new projects on the forum.

First, we now have a new phase to the forum’s character showcase.  We have decided that 2022 will be a transition year from notable characters to general discussion of the LBT films.  From the legendary original film, to the introduction of Chomper in LBT 2, to the mysterious rainbowfaces in the seventh film, they will all be getting a showcase this year.  Details can be found here .

Secondly, we are seeking feedback on the Fanfiction Prompt challenge before it starts back up in February.  If you have any feedback that you would like to give then please do in this topic.

We hope that the new year brings you all happiness and joy!  We look forward to seeing what the forum community comes up with over the coming year. :)

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5291 · 172421

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Besides, she can cook. Having a girl who can cook well might as well mean you are set for life, my friend," Mantis grinned as he and Crane brought over more of the snacks Jing had prepared for her fiancé.

Tai Lung stepped up and kissed Tigress on the cheek. "I've been admiring your progress, dear," the snow leopard commended. Since Po was engaged now, Tai Lung and Tigress dated more regularly.

"Got it," Kovu nodded to Abu, quickly taking the food from the elephant and handing him a gem as payment it return. "I know you love gems." Turning to his lovely ladies, Kovu had an idea. "You know....both of you would be fun to have me eat me food off of you, like you were living tables." He could tell both Kiara and Sima were for this idea by the looks on their faces.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Myaardi)

"You are on Myaardi," the knight said. "My name is Kire. I am the defender of this town." He swept his arm around him to encompass all  the surroundings.  At the mention of Chong, he spoke. "I do not know of this 'Chong' you speak of."

"Perhaps we can introduce ourselves in your tower?" Dr. Zanasiu proposed.

Kire nodded. "Very well. I shall meet you there to let the guests of the tower know about your arrival." He then flared out his burning wings and practically rocketed into the sky.

Deimos looked at the tower. "We can probably get there faster if we ride the dune buggies," he said.

"One problem. We don't have any," Dr. Zanasiu replied, looking at the shuttlecraft.

Mr. Bigmouth began to deploy a radio transmitter. "I'll request an unarmed pair from Captain Carson."

(Pottermore)

"Lord Stripetail," Captain Carson said as she looked around. "I will be taking some of my crew to explore this town but get ready to evacuate. Something tells me that we landed in a very bad location."

------------

The two Aurors finished jotting down their notes and used a portkey to teleport back to the Ministry of Magic's headquarters.

A distant popping noise indicated that someone had Disapparated. Almost certainly an Auror thanks to the lockdown of civilian floo networks and anti-apparation charms.

------------

The two Aurors handed the report to Minister Fudge and awaited further orders.

Footsteps and loud protests outside the door indicated that the Aurors were likely dragging off a Pinkstone sympathizer  to be interrogated.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" What do we know about this Stripetail?" Fudge brought his fingertips together after reading the report." " The last thing we need is another powerful Dark wizard running around. Still, we should at least make contact first. Better safe than sorry, and Pinkstone has already put plenty of trouble on my plate." Fudge sighed." I would have thought that dealing with her so firmly would shake her followers and break their support. So far? That's not happening.  He glanced back at the report." Reach out to this Stripetail, gauge his response and get back to me. Any of the others, if they cause trouble, lock them up or Obliviate their memories." Fudge said
-
Do what you have to, Captain. Our timing on our arrival was poor, but we couldn't really have predicted that the entire place was under lockdown. " Stripetail said, pulling out his wand - the one with the mithril core- and pulling a decree posted on a lamppost to him" Hmm. They have a curfew in place, it starts at 8 , their time. No one allowed on the streets save authorities past that point. Fudge must be facing a serious threat to put such measures in place. " He turned to his team" Dixie, find a hotel for the team to stay in.  No luxuries, this isn't Pokitaru. Be on guard at all times. We are not likely to get a friendly reception here." Of course. " Dixie nodded, as she , Scooby, Gabuna and Gabumon walked down the street.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 01:21:58 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson and a small retinue of hers walked down the streets of Esbenshire. All around her, she could feel a strange prickling sensation at the back of her neck. She had no idea if that was the result of the magic in the air or if she was picking up the tension. She also noticed a small shack around with of several men and women dressed in robes akin to what Stripetail wore but they all wore a patch depicting a large "M" bisected by a magic wand emitting rays of light. She assumed them to be law enforcement or military but decided against approaching.

Suddenly, an SUV sped close to the building. The window rolled down and she heard someone shout "Reducto!". The subsequent explosion was far enough that she was not harmed but the explosion stunned her slightly. She immediately ordered her crew to leave the area as she began running. Already, she could hear incantations being cast and spells being fired. It was then that a popping noise made her turn around. Two men dressed like those crewing the hut appeared behind her. Beyond the two men, the battle raged and she saw some people who wore no uniforms but were clearly using magic as they had magic wands (even odder was that some of them were using crossbows).

"Sorry about that, but even Muggles who arrive from off-world are not permitted to see magic," one of the men said.

"This is a misunderstanding," Captain Carson began. "I did not intend to see magic. Let me talk to my commanding officer and things will be sorted out."

"Obliviate!"

The last thing Captain Carson saw was bright white flash.

-----------------------------

Next to the decree, a moving portrait of a well-dressed man in a wizard's robe and the classic pointed hat was posted. The decree read "Cornelius Wittham. Wanted for thirty counts of violating the Statute of Secrecy. Deliver all tips to the nearest Auror. You will be rewarded. The Ministry of Magic thanks you for keeping Esbenshire safe for Magicfolk."

Strangely enough, the Spirarian guard next to him only saw a bare lamppost. Likely due to the enchantments that prevented Muggles from seeing such magical items.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail paused as he read the decree and took note of the wanted wizard." " Seems like a low profile is the better move." He mused." He turned to the guard next to him " Let's go.  We need to touch base with Carson and her group. This place is on edge and visitors are likely to come under suspicion, particularly if they are not magic users." He touched his communicator" Capitan,  what have you found?"  There was no response." Capitan?" Stripetail repeated. His face began to narrow. " Capitan Carson?" Stripetail pulled out his wand.
  Connectium" he intoned and his wand tip glowed green and a green trail snaked out in front of him. " Follow me. We need to find her." Stripetail said to the guard

Cinder and Ruskin were monitoring the dragons who were flying down to the surface." Try and not draw too much attention. Although that may be too much to ask. This place might not have Dragons at all." Ruskin said.

Kiara took the food from Abu and set it down on the table . Smells really good. Thanks Abu." She smiled.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

The guard looked at a tablet. "Well, if it's any consolation, she and her group are alive. The life signs reading from their uniforms are normal."

-----------------

Meanwhile, Captain Carson and her group found themselves outside of Esbenshire. The woman staggered over to a tree to regain her bearings. The rest of the group was also trying to figure out what was going on. All she could remember was piloting a shuttle down to the planet and then nothing more after that.

It was then her radio buzzed. "Who is this?"she asked.

(Myaardi)

As the dune buggies had not arrived, the group simply walked to the entrance of the tower town.

Kire was waiting there with a motley group of people. "Well, what say we introduce ourselves over a meal?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You're welcome, your highness," Abu said to Kiara, using his trunk to tip his hat to her. "It's nice to help you all again." The elephant did indeed appreciate the gem Kovu had given him as thanks.

"This is the best night I've had in a long time," Kovu smiled in comfort to his lionesses. "All thanks to you two."

"Jing really does love you, Po," Viper smiled gently, "She's working really hard to impress you." The snake kung fu master had a good sense of romantic relationships, so she could tell the Panda King's daughter was being serious.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Capitan! Its stripetail. i've been trying to ereach you , but you didnt respond. " Stripetail asked over his walkie talkie.  ' i'm on my way towards you now. i cast a tracker spell when you didnt respond. what happened?"

I wont turn down lunch' Ratchet said as they began  walking further into the town.  '  You girls armed?' he said to Angela Saha and rivet ' Got the ligtning rod right here' Rivet pulled out a glowing weapon. " Plasma Coil and for defense the Shield launcher' Sasha said. " Lava gun for me' Angela said " needs some updates, but still works."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

"I don't remember," Captain Carson replied. She looked around the country road. All she saw were various farmers tending to their crops and similar. A wooden sign reading "Welcome to Esbenshire" was on the side of the road. "I think I'm outside a town called Esbenshire."

(Myaardi)

"Unknown lifeforms detected. No hostility. Welcome to the Tower Town." The reply was from a humanoid cyborg.

"Well, they look rather mechanically inclined if I might say so myself," a woman in a yellow jumpsuit and carrying a large wrench replied.

Kire then spoke up. "Well, let's get the meals ready," he said, walking off to the main hall where a massive dining table awaited them. On the table were a variety of dishes ranging from roasted birds to assorted seafood dishes.

"Well, I guess we should dig in," he said.

"I helped make them!" a young boy replied. He had on an angler's hat and a tackle box secured to his waist.

"Jimmy, you just caught the fish!" a man in an apron replied as he poured out some beer for everyone.

"Why don't you go to the jungle and hold a fishing rod in one hand while throwing frost daggerfish at bats trying to eat you with the other?"

"Let's just eat and then we can talk," Kire replied as he took a seat.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You don't remember? How odd. See if you have recordings from your suits, as I understand they are called " body cameras " Even if you don't remember, the footage will. Then we can see what happened." Stripetail said " I should be at your position in less than 10 minutes. Try and remember what you can in the meantime."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Look Viper I appreciate the moral support, but I am just not sure about all this." Po sighed" Come on Po" Viper grinned " You can't get out of this, not without leaving China and everyone behind and spending the rest of your life as a wandering outcast. You have it too good for that."  She grabbed one of the stuffed rolls Jing had made and bit into it" Besides, she's a really good cook, she had me try these bamboo wrapped rabbit skewers. By the heavens, I couldn't stop eating them!  A couple years of her cooking Po and you'll be able to sumo wrestle " Viper laughed" Not that you couldn't already with your gut." She teased.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: