The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is Your current job or future job

oogaboo · 104 · 25361

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I work at a public library, handling AV stuff.
My dream job? Freelance animator.  :angel I know it's a bit unrealistic and impractical, but it is a dream.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Currently, I work part-time at Target.

My dream job was always to build roller coasters, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Luckily I have Roller Coaster Tycoon to live out those dreams  :lol:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah target is a nice store they sell some friendship is magic stuff there. How do you like working there?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's certainly better than when I was working at a grocery store, but there's always certain people that get under my skin. It's not a bad place to get experience working with people.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Currently, I am employed as an adjunct biology instructor at a community college.  As I greatly enjoy my job and have good relations with my employer, my dream job is simply to acquire a full-time tenure-track position teaching within my area of expertise.  Several positions opened up at my employer this year but they were retracted prior to being filled due to the dire economic situation at the college.  Hopefully more positions will open up as the economic situation improves.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah that's awesome that you like your job. And I hear you on that. I have coworkers and managers and customers get upset me greatly as well. But don't let them get under your skin. We have to stand tall Ducky123. And Just walk away if they get you upset.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, my plans have changed quite a bit from last year. :smile I'm now planning on becoming an international tour director by the end of this year. That would really be a dream come true for me, and I'm getting my certification for it in November. :smile Really hope it works out, but I feel that it will. It's a more solid choice than the Foreign Service anyway.

Build roller coasters? How awesome! :DD

Good luck to you as well rhombus on getting that full time position. :yes Adjunct professor is pretty impressive!

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 15 2013 on  01:15 PM
Ah that's awesome that you like your job. And I hear you on that. I have coworkers and managers and customers get upset me greatly as well. But don't let them get under your skin. We have to stand tall Ducky123. And Just walk away if they get you upset.
I suppose you referred to rhombus?
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I can now proudly state that I am a tour director for not one but now two tour operators. :smile I've met my goal from last year, and I can only go up from here. :smile Current career goals include getting lots of experience leading tours this spring/summer, and then, in August, I'm gonna try my hand at getting in with a major tour operator that I've had my sights on for a few years now. :smile If I can't get in with them, I'm definitely going to be offering to lead international tours with one of the tour operators I'm currently employed by, as that would be a fantastic way to gain international tour directing experience. :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Feb 5 2014 on  11:30 AM
Well I can now proudly state that I am a tour director for not one but now two tour operators. :smile I've met my goal from last year, and I can only go up from here. :smile Current career goals include getting lots of experience leading tours this spring/summer, and then, in August, I'm gonna try my hand at getting in with a major tour operator that I've had my sights on for a few years now. :smile If I can't get in with them, I'm definitely going to be offering to lead international tours with one of the tour operators I'm currently employed by, as that would be a fantastic way to gain international tour directing experience. :smile
Sounds like things are going well for you.  Good luck.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They certainly are! Thanks! My first tour is next month! Can't wait! :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Feb 5 2014 on  02:01 PM
They certainly are! Thanks! My first tour is next month! Can't wait! :smile
Sounds great.  I'm sure you'll do great.  :goodluck

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I work as a computer software manager at the environmental protection agency. ^_^

I also work for AeriaGames as a GameSage.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The EPA? Sounds like you made it big then, LBTLover1! :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'm still in school at the moment, but after joining Air Cadets and talking to some pilots at a School's Career's Day, I definitely want to be a commercial pilot. I love flying, and after having an Air Experience Flight last Saturday, I'm positively certain that it's something I want to do. ;)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds awesome, Rammy! So happy for you! :DD

I'm currently where I want to be, and most likely have wanted to be since I graduated - a child care center, working with the wee little toddlers. It's not exactly the age-group I had in mind, but they keep the day interesting and can darn near melt your heart with everything they do^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I work at the RSPCA currently. The pay is awful,but it is one of the most rewarding jobs.

I'm an animal care worker so I stay at the shelter and care for the animals we have  in,I don't go out and do all the rescue stuff. I also sometimes work at the adoption counter-it hard letting them go cause you do get attached to them,but it is for the best and we do even go out and do a home check and see where the animal will be kept before we let them take it home,we want to make sure our animals will get the care they need.

It's a hard job but also one of the most rewarding jobs there is.

My dream job is a horse related career.

I really want to be a Jockey but it will be highly difficult.

Female jockeys really don't get many chances as male jockeys do,horse racing tends to be a male sport and thats one of the reasons it's called the Sport of Kings,though the main reason is way back in the dinosaur age,only the ones very high and society were allowed to own and run a racehorse...I would be a woman in a sport dominated by men..sigh...but there are female jockeys out there..so in can be down if we get given a chance.

Also I don't think my parents will approve of that choice..

Horse Racing is ranked the worlds most dangerous sport..then again basically any type of riding is ranked that. Other people get hit in the head by a ball..I get thrown off a 1100 pound animal going 55MPH..what a lovely choice of sport I have made. My Mother wishes I took up volleyball instead of riding but whatever :lol

If that fails..which it most likely will. I want to get my dog grooming licence and open up my own place,it would be kinda cool..owning my very own business while my brother works at the McDonalds counter..he he he. And he said I wouldn't get anywhere in life,and I have a real career in animal welfare,and he works at a fast food place.

I also want to become an Author and write my own series. I've been writing original stories since I was 7 years old,I find it way easier then FanFiction because when I write Original stories,I can create my own world and nothing is already set such as character traits,places in the world etc etc.

I actually did write a novel last year..though I have the one and only copy,am thinking of posting it online though as I still have the files and that for it.

So to sum it up.

Current Job:
Animal Welfare (RSCPA)

Dream Career:
Jockey
or
Dog Groomer
or
Author

I'll figure it all out,no need to rush myself. Got the rest of my life to figure things out.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
For the past 3 years, my job has been bagging groceries and cleaning at a grocery store. It's not the greatest, but it's better than having no job at all, though. :(

It's part-time and the pay is only $8.75 per hour. about $14,000 per year for me.  And i'm not a high-school aged teenager. I am 25 years old now. I still feel that I have made no real progress since 18. And that the last 7 years have been a total waste (other than moving to Florida 4 years ago.)

I just hope I can get a better paying job in the future to get my life going better. :( I definitely do not earn enough money to live on my own, and i'm still with my mom and dad. :(    I'm sorry, guys. I feel bad. My one life is passing me up year by year. :( I do not like the direction my life is going in now. :( Yeah living in Florida is great, but not having my own car, or having enough money to live on my own, and never having a full time job ever before, really sucks.

I'm still living with my parents. I have no real in-person friends, i've never had a girlfriend either and I feel that my life is passing me up, and that i'm losing at the game of life. :( I feel bad and really behind. And when i'm at home, I still do feel stuck and that I can only do things my parents approve of as long as i'm still living with them.

Guys,   I  am     just.           plain.          sorry.    :(

I feel that 2008-2014 have been 7 wasted years of my 1 life that I will never get back.

I think that "normal" 25 year old guys do live on their own, have decent jobs, have friends, and some even have girlfriends.