The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 11 Possible error

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I was just watching LBT 11 and I've noticed that the raptors who chase the little longnecks and find their way into the great valley only have two fingers. We usally see T-Rex's with 3 fingers and complain about the century-old mistake, now they took away one of the raptor's fingers. Did anyone else notice that?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i did i was confused at the mistake. i thought i was the only one to see guess i was wrong.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I notice it too but from what I know of it just the style of that charcater appearances, they most likely had that done on purpose cause I seen things in the Land Before Time Offices that made creativity to be amazed. Might be mistakes but the time they spend of this stuff would of corrected it but if they didn't they just created those raptors to have only 2 fingers.

As for number 12 when it comes out in 2006 Christmas there is stuff to buy alongside it and will last longer this time it will most likly bring out new toys new promotions to increase the sales and get more people interested in Land Before Time and even get it to go on beyond number 13 keeping it rolling.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm.. I don't think I agree with that, I mean LBT has become very commercially targeted, but doing that might even increase this. I know they need funds to keep on with the series, but it would be a lot better if they created something more artistic much like the original movie. Oh well, one can only hope =p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Ah, the way to a child's heart and interest is through their parent's pocketbook sometimes...the toys play a big role, though I too wish they'd use those funds for something else as well....a decent 20th Anniversary rerelease of the original would be nice for starters.  B)

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
I never realy understood that. raptors have three fingers. not two. I think the animators where too bissy eating pizza then looking at what they where doing. :P:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have seen designs of a raptor that from what i know of would appear in the series time and again and that one like number 11 has 2 fingers. they done it on purpose as I said before it part of that drawing they made. I was in the offices and saw the raptor drawings design phase.

plus I don't think they get pizza delivers to the 25th floor of the NBC Universal building

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Anyone who has a copy of LBT 3 can tell how many fingers the raptors in that film had.  If there are two then they're staying consistent with their error, if there's three, then someone got lazy in LBT 11 and dropped a digit.  Back in the early days of animation, it was easier to draw four fingers than five, but this is 2006 so that's not really so much an excuse anymore.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
They had three claws in LBT 3. The two claws in LBT 11 need not be an error though. Are you all positive that there were no raptor species with two claws rather than three? I'm not certain about that.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We have to think about this, which lbt had raptors. LBT 3, 7 and 11. The one's in 7 were only on a little scene where the old ones describe how Pterano misled a group of leafeaters away from the great valley. The raptors had 3 claws. So it's got to be an error in 11, the production team just skipped it, they probably thought no one would noticed. I had to watch lbt 11 5 or 6 times 'till I noticed it, so I guess it's just one of those movie bloopers.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I still don't think they would intentionally drop out a claw because they thought it would make to much work. Really, isn't there are raptor species with just two claws? At first sight this picture looks like it, but I'm afraid it might be a three clawed species and the "two claws" are just a result of a strange camera angle.

However, are you all positive there was no two clawed raptor species?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

When I was in the LBT offices I saw drawing designs of a raptor that has a name that I can't remember what it was that going to be in the series and that raptor looks the same to that of the one in LBT 11 and I think it the same one. the raptor in the design drawing has only 2 claw hands. it the way they designed that raptor or raptors cause it what they did on the drawing designs.

We can say it wrong but it the way they did it over all and these go to animaters in Japan so there is a lot of eyes to see this and they most likely put this in as it was with 2 claw hands. plus you get people in the offices working on colour of these dinosaurs for hours on end.

So Petrie no one got lazy it was just the way they created that dinosaur. It what they did since the one that appear don;t know when in the series will have only two digits like the one in LBT 11.

there is NO error, NO mistake. It how they was draw out and most likly a personal touch to one of the artiest and they kept it as it was through final drafts. it just how it was made.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That's Saurornitholestes. It's a three-clawed dinosaur. It's hard to tell, but on the hand that's held down, and not up, you can see a third digit.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ So is that what they drew?  And I'm no dinosaur expert at all...I don't know of any two-clawed raptor...I figured they had three, the larger theropods had two....

And my comment about people being lazy wasn't meant to be literal.  It might be an error and it might not.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Actually your perception isn't all correct. Late Cretaceous larger teropds, mainly Tiranosauridae (Albertosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Nanotyrannus, T-Rex) only had two claws, all other major groups of large teropds had three clwas, except for the case of the Carnotaurus and other relatives of this early cretaceous creature.
I don't know of any two claw raptor, the truth is raptors used there claws almost like we use our hands, they were very important when capturing their prey, so 3 claws would work better than 2 since they needed a third to grab hold of their "lunch".
I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm only an amateur paleontologist but I've never heard of a two-clawed raptor. So there is a mistake, it's not a production mistake, or something like that, it probably has something to do with the team in charge of the dino's anatomy, if there is one, as we all know the lbt doesn't care much for physical accuracy, if so Littlefoot's neck would never go so high and his head would be flat. =P
Just because they meant to have a two clawed raptor, if such creature never existed, it's a mistake one way or the other, it's a mere question of semantics.