The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rarest games in your collection

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Does anyone have any games that are rare as in hard to find, not the company Rareware.

Some of mine are

SNES

Super mario all-stars + Super mario world

Harvest moon

N64

Legend of zelda ocarina of time gold edition

Killer Instinct gold

Conker's bad fur day

Clayfighter sculptor's cut

Gamecube

Ocarina of time and Master quest

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I have the "Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World" (PAL) module for the SNES. I bought it on a flee market for only Ä5. The collector's value is Ä50.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure how to tell what games I have are rare or not.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 6 2011 on  07:19 PM
You can check Ebay to find out

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pikmin 2, and I heard that's a kinda rare game.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Nintendoofah64,Aug 6 2011 on  08:25 PM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 6 2011 on  07:19 PM
And how would eBay help me find out?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile

And how would eBay help me find out?

eBay sellers usually work pretty hard to make their games as appealing as possible to get them sold, and so if a game is rare, very often in their descriptions from what I've seen, they literally say things like "rare" or "hard to find." Beyond that, if a game is several times more expensive than it was several years ago when it was new, I would take that as it being rare too. I'm not sure if that is what he meant, but it's all I can think of.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have the 1st three Spyro the Dragon games, which can sell for 100 bucks each. But I'm never selling them.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Bubble Bobble Is worth a ton of money. If you still have it in mint condition still sealed with all the booklets I heard it can sell for 1,200-1,500 dollars.

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Spyro the Dragon Press Kit ( PS 1 )
Metal Gear Solid - the Twin Snakes ( Gamecube )
Conker¥s BFD ( Nintendo 64 )
Bioshock Limited Edition Box ( X-Box 360 )

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I never knew. I mean the console versions sell for $100 used and$200 new from most sellers. The PC can sell for $300, depending on the condition. I have the PC version, but I'm not selling it, no matter how much it's worth.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I found The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past mint and sealed for 500.00

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds like a lot.  I guess it's a very popular game.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 10 2011 on  05:53 AM
I found The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past mint and sealed for 500.00
That sounds about right to me. A Link to the Past is considered by many to be the best game in the franchise and one of if not the best game for the Super Nintendo. I remember playing it nonstop when I first got my Super Nintendo. I couldn't put it down to save my life.

Mine would have to be Final Fantasy VII in a black label form. I found it on eBay for $700.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have dozens of the best Super Nintendo games.  I may not like games too much nowadays, but I was a real gamer back in the Super Nintendo era.  I remember my first game was Super Mario World, which I got used.  It never worked very well.  You had to turn the console on and off many times to get it to work right.  So a family member bought me Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World to make up for it.  I also have all the original Donkey Kong's and a whole mess of other cool stuff.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I also have a black label FF7, and it's a pretty funny story how I got it. I originally owned a greatest hits copy, but that one for some reason stopped working (though I never tried buffing it, which would probably fix it) so I decided to just start from scratch at the time and buy a replacement (I was at college, and didn't have my original copy with me). So I shopped around on Ebay, and found an actual black label in mint condition with the original case too. I don't believe the guy knew how valuable it was, because he was selling it for only 30 bucks. :p I was like yeah, OK, I'm either gonna completely take this guy or it's a scam. I decided to risk it, and yep... it was a real black label in original case. :p I don't know WHAT that guy was thinking, but I've played it all the way through, works fine, and so yeah... I got a 700 dollar game for 30 bucks. :p

I also own Suikoden and Suikoden II, the latter being 800 bucks new, and over 100 used. I also own Xenogears, which is pretty sought after today as well. I have Vandal Hearts and the even more rare Vandal Hearts II as well. I think that's all I can think of, though I'd need to look through my collection to be sure. I'm sure some of my Dreamcast games get to be around 100 bucks now.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post