The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TIME'S RUNNING OUT

Jrd89 · 67 · 7721

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
estate taxes go up top rates go up for oeople above 400k, captal gains go up. not as good as what i'd like, but thats the bnature of compromise..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah tough times are ahead of us. The government needs to stop spending .

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Today, the senate's fiscal cliff deal was OK'D by house of representatives. IT'S A DEAL! Congress has...at the eleventh hour-last minute..

...passed the fiscal cliff deal to avoid a major economic disaster. they DID IT!  :) thank God.

That's a big relief ;) . I was getting scared back there, guys :( because I thought they weren't going to do anything but continuing to fight, argue, and oppose!, and let us fall off the cliff and economically suffer (those darned republican congressmen hadn't been agreeing to ANY proposals no matter what! because they DON'T like any of the democrats ideas/ways. But, they FINALLY gave in on a very last minute and the deal cleared the house of representatives and moved onto the president.

Had congress NOT reached a deal and let our economy suffer, I would have lost every last drop of respect :angry: :angry:  for U.S. congress. I'm telling you guys, they don't know how to get things done worth a s**t today.  Ughhh. <_<  

But, I am very happy. :) A deal was reached by congress in time before any hard economic blows would've been taken!! ;)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well of course the US wouldn't partly be in this mess in the first place if Bush wouldn't have passed those stupid tax cuts to begin with and THEN get into two wars to something like the tune of 2 billion dollars a week for JUST the Iraq war alone! Everyone complains about ludicrous things adding to the deficit, but nothing has added to it more than the two wars the US has been involved in over the past decade. I mean I don't see how ANYONE can believe they can cut taxes AND spend over 4 billion a week on two separate wars WITHOUT increasing the national deficit.

Malte was absolutely right on how the US tax system works and breaking down the different percentiles. You can't add all the percentiles together, as it just doesn't work that way. I feel he's also right in saying that being a CEO does NOT justify getting paid hundreds of times more than someone who works equally as hard. The US Congress is alarmingly unaccountable for their actions and seems to be the only place where one can get away with NOT doing one's job and still keep one's position. In a stratified society of upper and lower class, one HAS to be accountable, and Malte's also correct in saying that concentration of wealth is an extremely dangerous thing; just look at Spain.

Throughout its history, Spain had NO middle class. Just an aristocracy that had everything, and everyone else who had nothing. One in four males were not getting married at the start of the 19th Century because they simply saw no point to starting a family if they'd NEVER be able to go anywhere in life. Wiping out the middle class only stagnates economies and societies.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
**This is about the new car subject**

I've known for several weeks know, and know well enough.. that I was dreaming. You can dream of something you can't afford, but you can't buy it. It's simple as that. Don't set yourself up for a burden. : (  I get it. I learned back in January. My income CAN'T handle that expensive of a vehicle.

Looking back at my previous posts (not about the fiscal cliff, but the Camaro nonsense), I feel so so stupid. I sounded like a stupid butthead..  

Saving for/wanting to buy a $31,000 2012 CAMARO at my current income level? o_o     X_X  NO WAY!  

I'm sorry. (I had my nose in that Camaro book I got for Christmas way too much.)  I needed to get real.

"Get an older car" is right, Ptyra. But still, ;) something that will leave the '95 Riviera in the dust. (which now currently has a blown motor, which happened to dad on new years eve, the engine stopped working, the car is un-drivable now.

It's been the Mercedes and a rental car since then. My dad will have to either find a used motor off of another Riviera from a junkyard and tow the car to a repair garage to get the good motor put into it (a car heart transplant...) or get rid of the '95 Riviera..and find a very cheap car to use just for work purposes temporarily. (as soon as he has enough money to do so.) So that he doesn't have to keep shelving out hundreds of dollars, week after week, on rental car fees.

Now, back to "my" car. Your quotes are true, Ptyra.  (I admit was being a really stupid idiot back in December to you guys. :(  Very stupid.  And i'm sorry for it.

Yes, Ptyra. :( I need a car that will not be TOO expensive for my income and one that's a few years old. but like.. 6-8 years old, right in the middle.  

Your quotes are true and I'm very sorry I fussed with my "2012 Camaro crap/nonsense" I'm sorry. You were trying to help me and set me on the right path, and I wrongfully ignored you. :(  You're right.

Ptyra: At your age, you'll get HEAPED in debt if you get a brand new car, especially one of that particular brand. If you want a Camaro, get one that's a little older and used. At least it'll have some miles on it.

Darkhououmon: Is a brand new car really necessary? What's wrong with a used one?

Ptyra: It doesn't matter how much different the logo design is or the interior design. You will not have the money to afford one. Even in several months!

Yes, Ptyra. :( I was such a brain-dead stupid dummy on my '12 Camaro crap. FORGET THE CAMARO! IT IS too much! : | That was my fault.

But I've thought of an '07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS  (I do love the Nascar Sprint Cup Series, and they did race Monte Carlo's up to 2007, before they switched over to the impala, and now the ALL-NEW Chevrolet SS (that's not hitting dealerships until this fall, but SCREW that, I've read it'll cost $40,000+ ).  

But! the '07 Monte Carlo SS has a 303 Horsepower engine, too! :) how about that? that's really good power.

Now, the price it goes for now is about $12,000-$13,000 right now, and with my last payday (before I made this post).. I crossed the $13,000 mark (including what mom and dad owe me) ;)  So now I can keep saving,.. for the extras that come with a car purchase.. and save for non-car stuff, too. ;)    I can pull off an '07 Monte Carlo SS.  

It's a nice Chevy sport coupe. and great for the NASCAR fan.  The Impala they raced from '08-'12 is very very boring/white bread yawn, but the Monte is great.  

(I used to love them when I was in Middle School when the '01's and '02's were brand new.   This is what an '07 Monte Carlo SS looks like. It's nice and it's priced right. 6 years old. I can handle this car money-wise. Here's what one looks like:

http://media.motortopia.com/files/17628/ve...1b/Cars_015.jpg  

And here's a left-rear shot of one:  
http://i.oodleimg.com/item/3081813698u_13x...rlo/?1341502489
Yes, like that one pictured above, some did come with the silver rally stripes. I think those were the ones that were LOADED with all of the available options, too. :) )  Those aluminum wheels add a really nice touch, too.

My car makes a lot of noise too...hence why I named it "Squeaks". Maybe you're right about 1995, but the cars my family has are all from the early 2000's.
Yeah, you could use a new car, but not one fresh out of the factory! A car from 2004 might do you fine

Well, it's an '07. '07 was a great year for me. I graduated from high school that year! :) It's not TOO expensive for me to handle. It wouldn't be at all like that '12 Camaro crap I was talking about. I CAN'T afford a freaking $31,000 CAR!  I just had my nose in that Camaro book from Christmas for way too long and started dreaming. <_< I needed to get real, and I did a couple of weeks later. It didn't take long at all. I'm sorry for ignoring your advice, guys.  

You wouldn't know that it'd be a 6 year old car if you take a good look at those 2 pictures above. It still looks like a nice, spiffy/sporty coupe, and not at ALL, old and crappy. ;)  And I believe I can manage one.

My main point is, i'm sorry for my earlier posts. You're RIGHT, Ptyra. And I am sorry. I was dreaming too much.. thinking I could get it. BUT.. I KNOW better.  I can't.

But, like I said, I have found a different more affordable car in a better, easier-to-handle price range, and I wanted to share my thoughts on it with you guys, and was just curious on your thoughts of me and an '07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS?

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I got a 1990 Volvo and it still runs like a charm! :)

All I can say is just bide your time, your money, and look for ANY car that can go. Do not stress yourself about what year it is. Just find a car that works and will not cost too much in maintenance.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As you know, Jared, I have an 8 year old car that runs amazingly. :DD So yeah, just get yourself something practical and something that will go a long way for your needs. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post