The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

you send it weird idea

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
you send it is pretty cheap so i was thinking why not set up a pay pal account then members here toss money in it to pay for a you send it account or other sim file shareing site. Personally i dont want to even be the one responsible for handling the money and paying for the account and besides im the new guy here  and i would never expect that level of trust yet at any rate. With that said how ever i would def be tossing some funds in such a account once i got a job thats full time. Any ways just a idea. Some of the premium accounts ther are pretty decent. And we all know its just a matter of time before you tube starts nukeing the videos that have been uploaded. Sure its sort of prating but lets face it we have all seen cartoon net work make some lame programing decisions. Like never airing the finale secound season of beast machins. Same for gundam wing same for .hack (oh man was i ticked beyond ticked in fact) I emailed them over that one heh. And i had a friend of mine in the buisss email them as well lol. At any right its just a idea i figured id toss out ther

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't feel that it's necessary to throw money at Yousendit, as the free service allows us to send up to 100 MB of data, which is accessible for 100 downloads or one week.

What sorts of files would the Gang of Five need to pass around that would be much larger than this limit?  All that comes to mind are high-quality video files, where the legalities behind some of them are sketchy.  I have been able to post watchable versions of our LBT TV episodes on yousendit's free service with no problems so far.

If anyone needs the space to host their private videos long-term, they need to find their own file host.  Most video clips created by members here shouldn't be threatened by YouTube.  If they are shut down, the creators can easily post the video on the free service of Yousendit, allowing GoF members to download the video to their computers to keep indefinitely.

In short, I don't think that videos need long-term storage outside of youtube, as yousendit Free can provide any necessary transfer system to keep any GoF files safe and secure.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've actually stopped using YouSendIt because it's not been letting me upload anything recently, even though they're in the same format as before.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Mar 25 2007 on  06:21 PM
I don't feel that it's necessary to throw money at Yousendit, as the free service allows us to send up to 100 MB of data, which is accessible for 100 downloads or one week.

What sorts of files would the Gang of Five need to pass around that would be much larger than this limit?  All that comes to mind are high-quality video files, where the legalities behind some of them are sketchy.  I have been able to post watchable versions of our LBT TV episodes on yousendit's free service with no problems so far.

If anyone needs the space to host their private videos long-term, they need to find their own file host.  Most video clips created by members here shouldn't be threatened by YouTube.  If they are shut down, the creators can easily post the video on the free service of Yousendit, allowing GoF members to download the video to their computers to keep indefinitely.

In short, I don't think that videos need long-term storage outside of youtube, as yousendit Free can provide any necessary transfer system to keep any GoF files safe and secure.
yeh like i said just a idea. I get alot of them some good some not.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yeh like i said just a idea. I get alot of them some good some not
And we appreciate it. :yes  It's always nice to see fresh ideas around here.  Feel free to post any ideas in the future, and we'll throw down our comments on it. B)

Besides, this is only my opinion.  Maybe other members can pursuade me to think otherwise of your idea. ;)