The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Season

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was wondering what everyone's favorite season or seasons are.  Mine is autumn/fall, 'cuz I love the colors and cool temperatures.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
My favorite is winter, because where I live, I never have a "white christmas" at not close to home.

Winter is one of those seasons where it's peaceful and calm and the whole earth is basically renewing itself.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Definitely winter.  I hate warmth and the sun so I love it when it's cold, stormy, and snowy.  Once the temperature goes past 60 degrees F on a sunny day, I get way overheated.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spring.  It's warm, but not to hot.  So no temperatures & heat indexes in the triple digits, unlike summer & not cold like winter.  Very hard for me to keep warm in the winter, even inside.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I love the winds of fall/autumn in the hair, those days of that season where summer has cooled down to a pleasant degree without those days getting chilly.
I also love those days of winter when there is that fresh, cold air in the morning, the perfectly clear sky, and no chilly winds (sadly of recently winters over here turned into a slushy, rainy unpleasant mess of lately too warm to feel like winter but too cold and wet to share the merits of fall/autumn).
When the trees turn green again and live is cropping up everywhere in spring (which occasionally shares those cool fresh mornings of the winter) I enjoy this a lot too.
Summer too has its merits, but same as many others here I don't like those days of stuffy, paralyzing heat which keep you from getting anything done. Then again, it is very pleasant to counteract those temperatures with a refreshing swim in cold water :)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
WINTER!
Why? Winter means snow, snow means...
SKIING!!!!!  :wow
(and skiing make me feel the best)  :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i personaly say autumm and summer, because the good temperature and the serenity and the calm of my little hometown,

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Autumn/Fall - no humid weather and I don't have to mention the 's word' once (snow).  Hate driving in snow on hills.

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile
well, winter is ok...but summer is the best!!! :D  :yes

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
For me, it'd have to be winter...I hate the heat (probably the only thing I don't like about Kamloops summers), but I love the cold. Plus, I love watching snow fall.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really not too sure as all seasons seem to have a certain special something to them. But it would probably be autumn and for the exact reason Malte stated.

I love the winds of fall/autumn in the hair, those days of that season where summer has cooled down to a pleasant degree without those days getting chilly.
That about sums it up to a tee.

This topic brings something else to mind that probably belongs in another topic all by itself, but what would be your ideal scenario in your favorite season? I've always wanted to be in a forest up in the mountains during either autumn or winter at dusk. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love summer.  It's the one time of year I can go outside in shorts and a t-shirt without being cold. :p  I enjoy spending time outside but I prefer to do so when it's warmer.  

It rarely gets too hot here so summer is that perfect mix of warmth and pretty scenery without char-broiling me in the process. :p
The downside: summers here are rather short.

As for the other seasons, sure they have things I like but I'm not a big fan of the cold. :p  Spring, fall and winter here can all bring snow with them here.

Really, I enjoy all of the seasons in some way, I just have a hard time being out in the cold for long periods of time.  I'm just sensitive to it.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wow, nobody's mentioned school as part of their parameters... I love summer 'cause there's NO SCHOOL!!! (well, less school, really.)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
My favourite time of year is summer... Or winter? Sorry, can't decide wich one it is. In summer the nature looks better then ever, while in the middle of teh winter, everything is covered with snow, and looks clean and bright. Also, almost all of my favourite celebration are taking place in winter season. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Summer for me, the others are too cold :p Seriously I'm too thin for cold temperatures :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Summer for me, the others are too cold  Seriously I'm too thin for cold temperatures 
Hehe, that sounds familiar. :p

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My two favorites are spring and autumn because of the agreeable temperatures. Winter is too cold. Summer is too hot and has too many thunderstorms which keep me off the computer.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favorite season is summer. For the past four years, I went to my camp, CTY. I loved my time there. I wish that it didn't end this year, but it did. I'll live with it, but I don't think that I'll ever be able to listen to "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day ever again without feeling a little sad inside about how I won't be having anymore good times at CTY as a student. :cry

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
it¥s Autumn for me,a time neather to cold or hot, and near my birthday :p