The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Natural Disaster to Die from.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Are you kidding me?  That's quick and easy.  How about being torn limb from limb by a tornado?  Even if that doesn't happen you'll get spit out and go flying into a building or hit the ground going 80mps.  Not enough to kill you instantly, but enough to damage many internal organs until you die suffering lying on the ground with 100 broken bones.  Now that would suck!

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Mar 14 2009 on  06:17 PM
Are you kidding me?  That's quick and easy.  How about being torn limb from limb by a tornado?  Even if that doesn't happen you'll get spit out and go flying into a building or hit the ground going 80mps.  Not enough to kill you instantly, but enough to damage many internal organs until you die suffering lying on the ground with 100 broken bones.  Now that would suck!
 :blink: That...Is...Fatal

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Lightning strikes are near instant death.

Pyroclastic flows are REALLY nasty. Imagine the spell Ground Dasher (blast opponent with superheated gas and rocks) from the Tales series. Multiply that by several thousand. If you don't get burned alive, you'll get crushed.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Same as with the lightning one would not last the fraction of a second in a
pyroclastic flow. It would be instant death, though with some more moments of agony before the flow reaches you. When it comes to a slow and gruesome death I think dying from thirst would be dreadful :(
A drought is not the first natural disaster that will come to people's mind with the more spectacular alternatives, but shortage of water probably kills more people every year than earthquakes or volcanoes do.
When we are thirsty we always have something to drink within reach. Did anyone ever have to go for a really long time without water? I never had to wait more than a few hours for a drink and even that was very uncomfortable. Having that much worse and stretched out over days would be just horrible.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Mar 14 2009 on  06:30 PM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Mar 14 2009 on  06:17 PM
Are you kidding me?  That's quick and easy.  How about being torn limb from limb by a tornado?  Even if that doesn't happen you'll get spit out and go flying into a building or hit the ground going 80mps.  Not enough to kill you instantly, but enough to damage many internal organs until you die suffering lying on the ground with 100 broken bones.  Now that would suck!
:blink: That...Is...Fatal
Not only fatal, but that's overkill :x.

I agree on twisters being the worst, drowning being second.  This could happen in either a hurricane or flash flood.  Just imagine, being swept underwater and never able to come up for air again :x.  The only reason I put drowning in second is 'cuz it's faster and less scary than dying in a tornado.  Being struck by lightning is quick.  So are being in a burning building or catching on fire.  Most fire victims die of carbon monoxide poisoning before the flames even touch them, and people on fire inhale the flames and die before they burn to death.  Nobody's mentioned rockslides, mudslides, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions yet, so that's pretty surprising :huh:...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
worst natural disaster would be to die in a tornado or earthquake..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:rolleyes: Hmm...I'm noticing that all of you guys opinions talks about them "Painfully Slow" Type of Death and thats no problem everybody have there own opinions,  But to me (I could be wrong) but some that is mentioned are most likely to survive from (depending on how fast Samaritans come to the rescue).

In truth if I was caught in Mother Natures Fury I would be in a Natural Disaster where I have a 50/50 present chance of surviving.  

The Reason why I prefer Lighting to be the worse is because it is so unpredictable, you could be right in the middle of something and all of a sudden you are removed from existence.  Some people rarely surivive a lighting strikes simply saying  that the kind of Disaster you don't feeling are the ones that Kills.  That's why I say its one of the worst to Die from.

But right now I'm going to drop the Lighting topic because I know another Natural Disaster which is

Getting burn by Lava ( :blink: that is if somebody fall in).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
like Lightning, falling in lava is a very quick, but painful death
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's kind of creepy how we all talk like we were talking from first hand experience or after interviewing those who had :blink:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In New Zealand, where we lived (Wellington) was on a fault line....so we got a couple of earthquakes.  

I don't really class earthquakes as the worst natural disaster to die from though.  Although if a very powerful earthquake ignited a tsunami THEN I would class that as the worst natural disaster to die from.  Actually that was what I feared when we lived in Wellington.  We lived near the beach, we wouldn't have been able to escape if there had been a tsunami....

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
darn it! Malte beat me to the punch! drought was the first thing to come to mind, it would be the worst I can come up with.  Oh well

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
darn it! Malte beat me to the punch!
What a triumph to beat someone to a slow and painful death :p