The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Life Changing Video

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4vwqUZge8&feature=related

It was made to be watched every morning to start the day off positively. It's brought tears to my eyes and made me feel... amazing!

there's more videos like this!

EDIT: The video was made in the belief system concerning the Law of Attraction

Research it. Its life altering stuff!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Nice beginning, but I miss any message about giving something in return to those who don't have as much or who are not in as high spirits and in need of comfort. I am grateful for all I have, but I don't think I could be happy without concern for the needs of others. The movie is so exclusively focused on the self that it fails to address the whole.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Done a little research on it. Some of the messages of the movie / book the video is referring to are highly controversial. It is suggested basically that what we wish, our thoughts, and feelings attracted real events in a kind of natural law. The converse argument suggests that people who suffer from the results of disasters or injustice basically attracted it themselves :huh:
I did not read the book or watch the movie myself, but what I read in their own reviews sounds somewhat cynical to me with reference to the unjust dispersion of wealth and also with reference to the current economic crisis. It is something that I think ought to be taken with some scepticism <_<

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I liked the concept of the feel good factor of the movie. Nice uplifting music and beautiful pictures but that's about all I'll take it on as. I'll leave the in depth analysis to you Malte...you seem to already to be doing a grand job of that  :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't know about the rest of you, but when something bad happens in my life I try to find out what caused it.  And I don't just look at the obvious things I've been doing in the short amount of time before the bad thing happened.  I analyze my entire life.  By doing this I have drastically reduced the amount of bad things that happen to me and maximized the number of good things that happen to me.

For example.....today I found an excellent computer on craigslist.  Core2Duo 3.0ghz processor, 2gb DDR2 800mhz ram......you get the picture.  It was an awesome machine and it was only $200!  I kept dwelling on not being able to get it and how it could so easily just slip through my fingers.  And ya know what?  The jerk just sold it to another guy who came before I did when we had already set up an appointment for just a few hours away!  I dwelled on the possibility of it slipping through my fingers and guess what?  It did.  

On the other hand, I got another computer for $200.  P4 2.6ghz processor, 256mb ram......you get the picture.  Crap computer....but it came with a $250 flat panel monitor.  I didn't dwell on losing that one so much because I didn't care about it nearly as much as the other one I had lost.  Because of that, I got that computer.  My plan for this one is just to upgrade it a bit and sell it without the monitor for $200 thereby getting the nice monitor for free.  

I believe in the law of attraction 100%.  It has shaped how my life is and where it's been going so far.  I have by no means mastered it, but I feel MUCH more in control of what happens to me and my destiny than I ever have before.  Sometimes I can't help but attract bad things.  But whenever bad things happen to me, I can always find a way that I've attracted it.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
My mom is really into this stuff. I have to say that since putting it into practice I have become a much happier, healthier person, though that may simply be because focusing on the good in life relieves unnecessary stress. As for helping others, you are encouraged to do so often, but it is also taken as fact that you cannot affect change within people who are not ready or willing to affect change within themselves. As they say, you are the only person who can create within your reality, and your reality is the only one which you can create within.
I am not, of course, presenting all of this to be fact. I think the main point is just to be happy, because happy people make for better communities, and so hopefully a better world.
As another point, the so-called law of attraction dictates that as long as we keep yelling 'There is not enough to go around!' there will never be enough to go around. It is a sure fact that people don't all want identical things out of life. I, for example, have never wanted much money. Enough for food and shelter has been sufficient, and so it's all I've ever had. My life has been based around people and experiences, and it seems that all doors have opened for me in regards to that. When choosing to attend a college that I could not even afford the smallest percentage of on my own, scholarships and financial aid jumped in to cover my need completely. And now that I have made the decision not to attend all four years, an odd string of events and a moderate debt have led me to the military, which I think is a spectacular opportunity. Every misfortune and mistake has seemed to lead me into something great, and away from something much worse. I lead a blessed and perfect life that I love very much, though it is not the life that everyone would wish for.
Again, not presenting any spirituality as an absolute truth. Anything that improves one's quality of life is a good thing :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the movie yesterday, and I could not believe this.

According to it all, the greatest minds in the world (think in the area of Lincoln, Einstein, Martian Luthur King Jr., etc.) knew of this secret.  However, the world could not accept it until now.  The world once went to extreme lengths to keep it a secret. (Think "the world killing them" lengths.) Today, with such a subject being able to be spread so easily by multiple means, there's little choice but to see it play out.

The Law of Attraction may seem far fetched to some, but as I thought about it and looked at my life rather carefully, I realized where I had made The Law of Attraction happen myself.  Looking at it all, I believe it to be true.

In fact, I'm testing it out right now.  I'm asking, with all my heart and soul, for my brother to get a job.  He seriously needs one now.  He was laid off some time ago.  He has hardly any left and is struggling to stay in a community college alone.  His car, his limited means of transport, is dwindling his necessary cash.  The bus would only stretch him so far, but not enough.  My mom's in great pain due to a fixed tooth now, so forget her driving him every day.  As for my dad he's too busy, same deal with his friends.  He is one who needs a job most right now and I'm asking that he gets it.

What will come of it, who knows?  We'll see what plays out as I put everything in the hands of "The Law of Attraction". :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
well, I'm glad the majority of comments have been pro attraction =)

After Malte's comment, I was kinda nervous how others would reply. I totally respect your opinion though Malte, =) no hard feelings

I'm in the beginning stages of applying this belief system to my life. I want to be rich one day and so I've researched afirmation videos that follow the attraction theory and downloaded them to my hard drive. I've watched them daily now and since have had the desire to collect whatever lose bits of change I can find.

It also made me feel a bit more optimistic about finding a job, and I found one just yesturday. It doesnt pay much, but hey, its a job!

I should add that amongst these videos I've downloaded, one was made for those seeking a job =)

Also, I've become more aware of my thoughts. Everytime I complain or think negatively, I rebuke the thoughts and instanly change them to more possitive thoughts which has succeeded to bring a smile to my face.

even after I busted my brand new acer laptop this morning by tripping over a wire... I still managed to keep my chin up and keep my mind on a much brighter future... =P

Even after finding out that I'm having to start making those $300 car notes again (found out just yesturday) i still managed to smile and keep my chin up...

These are hard times... but possitive thinkers still hold an attractive arura and bring about good things... so heres to keeping hope!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck to you, Aves.

Oh, and BTW, my wish came true!  My brother got a job!  He starts Monday. :)

Now with that over, time to make one for myself.  Hmm, what should I do!

Oh! I know! :D