The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your attitude to work

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, the title do says alot now doesn't it?

For those of us who have jobs...
In other words, those of us that wake up early, miss the breakfast, break fiftyeleven traffic laws, and still doesn't get to work in time. And all for our daily bread.
Yes, us guys. :p

Well, I for one really enjoy going to work, even though it's a season job. 1st of May to the 31th of August. And it's not a job that I want to do for the rest of my life. NO way.
I'm a camping-host with full-responsibillity for a 3 star campingsite 2 miles outside Gothenburg. (some people here know me as "The Lord of the Campingsite" :wow) I work after a set schedual split up between me and my 5 collegues. And I'm the only male. :angel
The days I work, about 3-5 times a week, I work from 09:00 - 22:00.
My hourly payment is 95 SEK (about 12 USD) and I get paid during lunch time.
I do check ins, check outs, handle papperwork and other office related slavery, as well as cleaning certain holy objects such as 9 toilets and a urinal. :rolleyes:
Alot of work, might sound like a pain in a certain narrow bodypart to some people.

But thing is I like going to work. Not only because of the payment I get, but also for the fact that I get to know/meet alot of people. Not even mentioning the things I get to learn about certain things within company buisness. The language practise is amazing.
13 hour days sure worns one out though. The last hours, I feel like I've been walking on broken glass and someone has beaten up my legs with a baseball bat. Yeah, I stand up alot.  :lol

Still, the time flies by quite fast. And afterwards, I have my own 25 minutes alone in the car back home. It's a good feeling to know that you've done something good for the last 13 hours. And that you're about 1500 SEK richer.

What I'm trying to say is, I enjoy my job. Even if it's quite demaning and a pure hell sometimes. Nah, it's not. It's great! :yes

How about you other guys? Is your job enjoyable or do wish to wipe it out from the Earth's surface?
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I mostly enjoy it... It pays well enough... I am a tutor. I don't need to break any traffic laws...  :lol:

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well I'm not working this summer, but last summer I didn't mind working. "Going" to work was different, had to wake up too early.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't mind my job. Then again I only work two hours a week :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
My job is literally two doors down from my room. :p In the same house!  I have no set hours and I'm my own boss.  I don't need to drive at all or maintain a schedule.  But my job is rather thankless at times and it's sort of scary to be so dependent on only yourself.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I enjoy my job, but it can really be stressful at times.  I'm a CNA (certified nursing assistant), and my job pays better than most jobs that don't require a college degree.  Also, it feels good to take care of the elderly :yes.  My workplace has been dealing with bein' unusually short-staffed (aides have resigned and their positions have not been filled), and while I'm out of school until the fall semester begins, I'm helping 'em out much more.  Also, we're under new management, so things are still somewhat awkward.  However, if you're physically strong, can stand to deal with gross things (urine, blood, cleaning up corpses, etc.), and have a lot of compassion and patience, it's a worthwhile job to have :yes.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I work as a bakery sales clerk. I like what I do - it's a lot easier than washing dishes (I hated that job :p), I get along well with pretty well everyone in the store, and we're unionized. It doesn't hurt that we get some of the highest sales-side wages in the store, either  :DD - the way I see it, we're essentially well-trained stockpeople, and when I get to my max wage (four or five years) I'll be making close to or slightly over what my dad does as operations supervisor at a warehouse. I miss working mornings, though - not much comes out of the ovens at night. Having a workplace that constantly smells of fresh-baked stuff is awesome, I think. A shorter-than-average workday (5 hours) is basically the only thing that I don't like about my job, though I do work five days a week.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of my job. I work as a bar tender in a local village pub. So basically, I dose up the general public, feed and water them then kick them out at the end of the night. I work full time, 5 over 7 (basically that means I work any given 5 days per week. Causes havoc for a social life coz I can never plan one week from the next). I get paid peanuts (pretty much national minimum wage) to watch gobby little yobbos who can't handle their drink booze themselves into a coma. Despite all this, I do my job well (manager's always happy with me and constantly asks me if I wanted to become a shift runner/shift manager to which I always refuse). Been there for about a year, it was supposed to be a "stop gap" between jobs as I was hunting for something a little more sustainable. But the British population is facing it's worse rate of unemployment for nearly 20 years so I've had to sit tight and ride the recession out. The pain is, I can't really hope to move on in life on this salary.

I was looking to go into Film and TV production but the industry is far too cut-throat that I never really got off the ground having graduated from uni 3 years ago. I'm now turning my efforts to teaching. I'm hoping to study for my QTS (qualified teaching status) next September seeing as the band I was hoping to get into has already closed for applicants. Hopefully this will wield some more promising results seeing as the government is actually hunting for more male teachers, particularly for primary (elementary) schools.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I like my job in the historical library. The work is interesting and educational. You often get the chance of reading a bit while there are no other tasks to be done. The chief of the library is a kind lady who lets you know when she is happy with the job you are doing, and the pay is good too. Unfortunately I may not do that job for more than 10 hours a week, so it is far from a full-time job.
In 2003 / 2004 I had a job which I really disliked. I was working for an opinion poll institute call center which would have been fair enough if that poll institute had been. However, we had to tell people that it would only "take a moment" when in fact we were aware that it was likely to take about 30 minutes. We also had to tell them that it was nothing commercial, which was technically correct, but the institute's customers often ordered questions which came fairly close to advertising. And having to ask a 90 year old lady to rate her interest in erotics on a scale from 1 to 6 really made me feel rather miserable. We were also eavesdropped regularly (but without ever knowing when exactly) by our supervisors who were a rather ruthless lot. Really, that was a job I was glad to be rid of after I had earned the money for my driving lessons.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
My job, my job....isn't for everyone.  You need to be a special sort of person to do my job.  I'm a dual-certified teacher and can teach history (global, US, govt., economics) and work in special education with students who have specific needs.  What makes the job a challenge is the fact that all the students are in special education--they can have learning disabilities, autism, emotional disabilities (hardest to work with) and juvenile delinquints (I know I spelled that wrong!).  ITs not easy to teach such a diverse group of students all put in the same classroom and sometimes you don't really get as much accomplished as you wished if the kids are having a bad day.  I've learned how to work better with such a diverse student body and how to deal with rudeness and am not as stressed out over it as I used to be.  I don't know if I'd do this job for my entire teaching career.  At the moment, teaching jobs are scarce, so I'm thankful to have a job despite one VERY tough first year here.  Can't complain about the money - $40,000 in ten months (approx. $20 per hour or somewhere around there).

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: Mumbling,Jul 16 2009 on  06:54 PM
I don't mind my job. Then again I only work two hours a week :p
What's your job.
I'm 15 working as a student teacher.(No I'm not a drop out)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I work at the local library. I put away books on the place where they belong and next to that do random stuff like watering the plants or labeling books. It's nice cus the people I work with are awesome :)