The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zodiac signs

Saft · 10 · 1693

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I follow a blog thing that lists Zodiac facts.  Some of them are surprisingly er scary in concidence others are like lol what?  Anyway, some people put a great deal of importance in these zodiac sign facts and allow what is characteristic to define them as a whole.  

So I am interested in what you think (I'm on a break from revision.:p), do you follow zodiac signs to a 'T' or do you believe them to be fanciful notions?  

Oh and my Zodiac sign is the Pisces.:p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Not sure if I believe them or not but I do find them interesting. I'm a scorpio.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't put any faith in zodiac signs or the kind of horoscopes according to which the same would apply to everyone who just happened to be born within the same monthlength of time.
However, there once was a case where a TV guide's horoscope for me made me burst with laughter.
At that time I was on holidays with my mother, my sister, and my grandma. I'm afraid nobody who doesn't know them can appreciate the situation I was in. First of all, I love them all. They are aweseome. But second, if they are in the same room you can be certain that there will be a continuing cacophony of chitchat in which you are not likely to be able to participate yourself because you just won't get the chance to chim in :p
And now with three females around and me being the silent male around, males and their (predominant) flaws, weaknesses, problems, shortcommings etc. were the main topic of their chats all the time. So I sat there silently taking a look at the TV guide's horoscope and the next moment I bursted with such a minutelasting fit of laughter that it even silenced the chit chat. This is what I had read in the horoscope:
You are utterly and totally unnerved. Ask yourself why that might be.
:lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think my username alone gives away my belief in the zodiac signs :angel.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't believe in horoscopes. It is no different than the various "guess the number" games. The difference is a "guess the number" game will at least teach you some mathematics. If you do not allow the "seer" to subtly lead you to a predetermined outcome or do not give enough information about yourself (and no, the sign isn't enough), his/her whole game will fall apart. It will only lead to various hilarious conclusions if the "seer" is fresh in the bussiness or the "seer" ending the session and kicking you out if he/she's more experienced.

Disclaimer: Everybody is entitled to their opinions. And nobody should impose his opinion on others. I'm not trying to preach here. I just want you to steer clear of charlatans.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I'd have to say that, despite being a definite follower of the occult, and a believer in divination, horoscopes is one form I don't believe in. Or at least, not the ones you get in newspapers. They're just so vague they could literally apply to anybody. I'm sure if I took the time and effort to learn how to do astrology myself, there may be a chance of finding something in it.

Incidentally, I'm a Leo. But authoritative, brave and strong, I ain't!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Of course.  And by respecting people's opinions is what people (should) do in life.  That is respectful and honourable.  Those who have a problem and say 'screw you' and rant on and on about how something is wrong really have no idea about respect.

CT: Lol, yes of course I forgot about that.:p  
Do you feel that the majority of your horoscopes are actually a reflective of yourself?  After all, you and my sister share the same zodiac sign.;)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think so :yes.  I am protective, honest, mysterious, and my mood changes more times than I use the bathroom :p.  I am also good-natured most of the time, very loyal, independent, have a random sense of humor and imagination, and very sensitive ;).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I don't tend to read horoscopes so I don't tend to follow them. If anything, I'll look at one now and again at the end of the day to see if what was said really happened (which I have to say so far hasn't :p).

Still, I'm an Aquarius. Not sure what that's supposed to mean personality-wise but hey.  :DD

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
Never really believed in horoscopes, but I always got a kick out of reading them at the end of the day and seeing how wrong they were  :lol

Anyways I am a Scorpio.