The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Webcomic: The Winged Fox II

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
One of the strips I'll be updating over the week. This one specifically on Mondays. Comments are greatly appreciated!
Episode 1

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hmm....for an online comic, at least when compared to other online comics, that is a lot of text for one strip.  Have you considered doing it maybe twice a week and removing some dialogue?  You are limiting what you can do with so much space devoted to dialogue in this manner.

That's my take.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think there is a bit too much text in it as well, but that might be because it's the first episode? Maybe later on they'll get shorter?

Looks interesting.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see what you mean about too much dialog. This strip I tried to cut down on the dialog I had in the original script. Its not as easy as I thought it would be. After hearing your opinions I decided to go look at other cartoons to try and figure out how they did it. I've noticed from this research that large paragraphs are often separated into smaller word balloons and joined with branches. Perhaps that's how I should had done this strip or at least attempted to write a much shorter version.

The next strip wont have as much dialog, me thinks.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, I have a job position for anybody wants to take it. I need an editor for the scripts before I turn them into strips. This is a volunteer position (sorry, no pay) and you must have uber grammar skilz. You will get credit for your help.

You also must have any of the following messengers:
- AIM
- Yahoo
- MSN

So who wants it?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
uber grammar skills huh? I know Aaron is a grammar freak :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
YOu can ask him, whoever he is.  I guess most folks, like myself, have average grammar skills.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 1 2008 on  05:56 PM
YOu can ask him, whoever he is.  I guess most folks, like myself, have average grammar skills.
Its neptunenavigator.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for spellchecking that is easy with online free spellcheckers and also Firefox.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Spellcheckings helps a lot, but it is also necessary to know lots about synonyms and antonyms, that helps give comics and stories a nicer view by avoiding repeating the same words over and over again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile